South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-11-2018, 06:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Chat, June 11-17

Good Morning!

Letís start a new week on plan!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:33 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Yesterday was crazy at the restaurant so I relaxed when I got home. Up early feeling chipper! We are headed to the laundromat early then Iím headed to Denver to do banking and grocery shopping. Iíve been on plan since my trip and am feeling strong! Thatís a good way to start the week!

Have a great Monday!
Old 06-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, Debbie!

It is a beautiful day here; sunny and not too hot. I took a walk after school today; At the edge of my village there is a walking path along the river and it was a nice way to de-stress. School is done except for the exams and paperwork.

I need to find the correct mindset for the summer months. Last summer I put on 5 pounds quickly and had to spend August taking them back off. I need to stay in the groove and limit the wine and chocolate. lol

I think Pearlrose may be off on her trip. I hope she enjoys it!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-11-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Beth, your walk sounds like a beautiful place! Great summer plan you have!

Kirk and I are off to Glenwood this morning. My sis has medical appointments so we are going to get swamp coolers hookedIp. Back tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #5  

Hey Debbie, hope you had a good day and your sister is doing ok.

Took another walk today since we are looking at rain for the next 2 days. Of course, just to ensure it does rain, I came home and watered the veggies. It was sunny and breezy and I think the tomatoes needed it! They are growing well and I need to get out the cages like yesterday.

Taco salad for dinner tonight and there is enough for lunch tomorrow. I've got it portioned out and ready for the lunch box.

DS2 was home for the weekend but is gone now. Next week he will move out of his college apartment into his Big Boy place. He got a job in Boston, which is closer for me than his school digs. I think he is excited about his new job which starts just after July 4th.

See you tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:39 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Beth, Glad to hear your garden is doing so well! My tomatoes are in the greenhouse and doing really well. Last year I just started my own plants but this year I bought some bigger plants that already had some tomatoes on them. Our season is so short here. Need that your son will be a little closer than he was before. Thatís a big step moving into his first real place and starting his new job. I hope you really do get some rain. Itís so helpful.

Yesterday when I was driving over I looked at an area and commented that things are so dry and that a fire right here would not be good. Last night I heard that a fire had started 10 miles down the road. We are going to skip the pool this morning and just head over. We donít want to get stuck somewhere since we will have to drive right through the fire zone. I was hoping to have today to get some of my own stuff together. I still havenít unpacked my bag from my California trip. When my sister and I talked yesterday, she had scheduled some help today at the family graveside. The headstone is ready to be placed and we need to get the work accomplished first. So, that goes to the top of my List and my personal stuff will have to wait.

Food was off plan last night so I recommit this morning. I brought enough veggies for a smoothie so I will make that and consume before we leave. That helps get my day off to a good start. I had made a big soup pot Monday and I can add veggies to that for dinner tonight. Sometimes a one-day food plan gets me to the next day.

We had a water leak here at the Trailer several weeks ago. I identified it last night. We have had an old dishwasher here for years that I bought at Habitat for Humanity. It looks like it crunched the water hose to the refrigerator and thatís where the leak is coming from. The dishwasher has definitely seen better days so I think we will ultimately replace the dishwasher. I guess I will just put that on the list for down the road. Also, we were going to hook up our swamp cooler this morning but I will put that on the down the road list, as well.

I think I will use my one day at a time philosophy for today. I will do what needs to get done today, start making a master list again, and try to stay happy, healthy and in the present moment. Sounds like a good plan!

Back tomorrow!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Stopping in to say Hi, today is last full day of conference and tomorrow we board the cruise ship. Everything is going well, it's been raining every day but only for a few hours so have gotten in quite a few walks in on the beach. Love it

Beth hope this last few weeks of school go well for you

Debbie oh my stay safe with all of the fires going on.

I will probably not be able to check in til next week some time so take care of yourselves
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #8  

Good evening chicks.

Gave another exam today; now I get to spend tomorrow grading it. After the next 2 days I should be able to focus on planning for next year and cleaning up my room. I did motivate myself to do an exercise tape when I got home today.

Pearlrose, walking on the beach sounds awesome. Hope the conference was helpful (I hate wasting time at a bad one) Enjoy the cruise.

Debbie, I think the one day at a time mentality is often the best. The best laid plans of mice and men....Sounds like you have a lot to juggle today. Hope you were able to avoid the fires and get your chores done.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi! Site wouldnít let me post earlier. Now I am fully consumed! Lol
Old 06-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #10  

Good afternoon!

A couple of busy days grading state exams but now that is over. Monday I can start in on the rest of my year-end chores.

Food has been so-so...lots of veggies but some dark chocolate too. Looks like I might be un-doing some splurges soon.

Tomorrow looks like great weather so I hope to get out in the flower beds. I cut a couple of peony buds to bring inside. They smell so good!

See you tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I am off to the restaurant soon. Just sitting outside with the hummingbirds for a bit. Beth, my sister gave me a small peony plant that has blooms right now, too. I brought the first flower to her and it smelled heavenly. My eating was so so, yesterday, too. I will be careful at the restaurant today. Usually I walk in to lots of goodies and I will say no. Enjoy your day in the yard.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:45 AM   #12  

Debbie, I resisted the muffins and donuts my colleague brought to the grading marathon but like I said, I brought a few dark chocolates. It must be tough for you to constantly be surrounded by restaurant desserts! It must help to have days where you are too busy to sit down. lol

This month is my peak time for garden blooms. Summer is literally so short that once we get into July it seems we are in the decline mode. We have a very pleasant temperature this morning but the next few days are going to creep through the upper 80s so it will be garden in the morning and AC in the afternoon I think.

Have a good day and here's to making it an OP one.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #13  

Hot and humid here today for Father's Day but I'm not going to complain since I prefer this to winter! I got a lot accomplished in the flower gardens yesterday although there is one more section that needs weeding and I am feeling the need to go buy a few more annuals to put into an empty spot and perhaps a replacement for a bush that is looking old and spindly.

Not sure what is on today's agenda; I guess I have to let DH chose!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Beth, I have more one more section that needs weeding and I realize I have just not been going through that corner at all so I donít have to look at it. At least itís just a corner. My boss said yesterday was his busiest day ever at the restaurant. I thought it went pretty smooth but I was pretty worn out at the end of the day.
Came home and put a few extra veggies in the ongoing soup pot to finish that one up so dinner was easy. Went to bed early and Iím ready to face the day.

Iím back to the one day at a time mode. It makes today manageable. Kirks flight leaves at 11:30 tomorrow for Alaska. Today will mainly be compromised of getting him organized. I think I may Call the building supply up there later and find out their brands of stain. Kirk is going to do the outside of our cabin and the woman in me says it might be better if we both picked out a color. LOL

The pop and I are still in bed. I think itís time to crawl out. have a great day
Old 06-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #15  

Good afternoon!

It was a pleasant, low-humidity day today. I took a walk after school; I really enjoy the trail along the river. I'm on the home stretch before summer vacation; which is a blessing and a curse. Being at work reduces the food temptations compared to being home all day!

Debbie, hope Kirk's flight went off without any delays or complications. My DH often picks the colors when we paint; he does a good job....most of the time.

I think we all need to take one day at a time. It's a good strategy for most aspects of life.