South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Hi Beth, what river do you walk by? Great to finish up your school year although I agree my food choices are much better when my time is structured.

kirk made it to Alaska before we ever got to the pool yesterday. We made the 2-1/2 hr drive to my friends chiropractic appt and as soon as we left I got a call from laundromat. So....we drove all the way back, fixed the problem(quarter machine jammed) switched vehicles and drove all the way back. Crazy but the pool was nice and we got a lot of talking in. My calories were very low....

my my friend just got up.... time to start the day.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning

Yesterday I was on plan with food 100%. That choice will help me get through today. It’s a hard day for me. I believe Alanon coined the phrase,” Just for today I can do something for 24 hours that would up all me if I had to do it for a lifetime”

my girlfriend and I are already over at Home Depot. We are going up to work on this junkie trailer that I need to get resolved. Today we will take a small piece. We will pull out all the carpet in bathroom and install Linoleum. Put in a new kitchen Faucet and call it good. The rest we can do another day.

have a good one

Old 06-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Debbie, looks like I didn't manage to post yesterday...I know I checked in and read yours!

The river I walk by is called the Racquette and it feeds into The River, as Ruth used to say. (that would be the St Lawrence River, which forms the boundary between the top of NY and Ontario,Canada. Good to hear Kirk made it safely to Alaska but sorry to hear about the issue at the Mat! How frustrating to have to double back.

I hope today was okay for you and you got today's trailer project done. Food is a mixed bag. I am trying some pre-made turkey burgers for dinner tonight with veggies on the side but I also had a few dark chocolates at work. Tomorrow at school we have a staff luncheon but since I helped organize it there will be meat and veggies that does not require bread!

Here's a a good evening and a new day tomorrow.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

We got back around 3 p.m. today, been busy unpacking and starting laundry and cleaning house. Just got done about half hour ago so got on the computer to get ready for tomorrow. I am working tomorrow, since I have been off almost 2 weeks and need to catch up prior to Monday.. The trip was fantastic, really had a good time at conference, the cruise and Disney. Though Disney was very hot, we took breaks in the middle of the day to go back to the hotel to cool off. My eating shall we say was not good, way too much food. I will find out the damage tomorrow and plan to start Phase 1 tomorrow and get back on track. About the only thing good I did was not drink any soda just water the entire trip and lots of it..

I will have to go back and ready all of the threads, hope you are all are doing good.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Welcome back, Rose! Sounds like your vacation was great and kudos for getting back to business both with work and food!

Beth, I always like it when I can help plan the food for an event. How were the turkey burgers?

we are going back up to the Rental this morning. We did get the vinyl put in the bathroom. We still need to do some caulking and put in some trim pieces. That should go pretty fast. While Pat was working in the bathroom I got the doorjamb glued back up so we can do the final fix on that today. The police had to break down the door to get into the unit because the woman had passed away. I thought I had to work at the restaurant today but I wasn’t on the schedule so that is good we will be a little ahead of the game now. My friend wants to go up at eight so I hope I can get some time to do some of my own things this afternoon.

Food was on plan yesterday and I will do that again today. I didn’t have to clean the laundromat last night or tonight so that’s helpful.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-22-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #21  

Good afternoon,

As I suspected when I weighed myself this morning it was not good, so I am on Phase 1 as of today and might even try to go for a full two weeks, already going to the bathroom so much more haha. I think I didn't go so much in Florida because I was sweating it out instead. Finally have the last load of laundry in the dryer now. I think tonight we are going to the movies, kinda of nice just working 1 day and then having the weekend off. I did volunteer for a work thing on Sunday though, a baby shower for Women veterans. I also need to work on the weeds wow did they grow while we were gone.

Debbie sounds like life has been busy for you. How long will Kirk be in Alaska? Sounds like you are having to total redo a trailer from a tenant that passed away if I am reading correctly? I still have projects I need to do outside of the house as well. Make sure to keep some me time in there as well

Beth that's great that your son has a job that is closer to you. I am sure you are excited that school is coming to an end. Well, I am starting the summer up and will have to work on getting this weight off, but I know I can do it.

Have a great afternoon everyone!
Old 06-22-2018, 03:13 PM   #22  

Good afternoon and welcome back to Rose!

I am now officially on summer vacation and I am not working this summer. Perhaps I will finally conquer the flower garden weed situation! The veggies are looking good as well; the zucchini and cucumbers are starting to flower and the tomatoes are ready for cages!

Rose, glad you had a good trip! I think it is a good plan to work one day and then have the weekend. I suspect you have lots of catching up to do. I know that my weight fluctuates daily but sometimes I can't figure out what is causing the ups and downs. Today I was down 2 pounds from yesterday so clearly something was making me retain water.

Debbie, glad you are making progress on the rental project. What a nice surprise to not have to work at the restaurant today. The turkey burgers were tasty.

Have a good evening!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #23  

Smile

Happy Saturday morning, chicks!

First thing on today's agenda is a BJs run; we are critically low on coffee. After that I'm not sure what; I may do a little cleaning since it looks like rain this afternoon.

Here's to a good day and making it OP. I think we all need it.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #24  

Good morning,

It was quite nice here yesterday in the 70s with low humidity, I am sure it won't last but it was a nice change. The scale has already moved down a few lbs from just 1 day of op eating, I am sure I am retaining a lot of water as well. I feel better though too, some of my aches are starting to disappear, it always amazes me when I go off plan how bad my body starts to ache and when I am op they are minimized a lot. I did a grocery run after work and stocked up and then we went and saw the new Jurassic Park movie. Today I am going to tackle the weeds.

Beth happy summer vacation to you, glad you don't have to work this summer and get to enjoy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Rose, glad to hear the scale is moving down! That’s what I love about South Beach. It seems so easy to get back on plan!

Beth, hope you got to start back up on coffee. I buy my favorite organic blend at Cosco 35 to 40 pounds at a time. I stored in the basement. There is just no good option for something suitable for me up here and I love my coffee!

yesterday was super busy at the restaurant and today will be more of the same. Good for the pocketbook! I stopped by the laundromat afterwords and it seemed to stay really clean all day. I decided I could get by with a touch up this morning that’s where I’m headed soon. Then to the restaurant again.

this week is shaping up to be extremely busy. I still need to work on the trailer, have a closing on a property, have a meet up with a commercial appraiser and meet with the new tenant first thing tomorrow morning. I would love to go to Glenwood tomorrow afternoon and see my chiropractor. I don’t know how that will pan out.

I had a thought about our thread this morning. What if we just turned it into a monthly thread come July 1?

OK, I best get moving. Unfortunately my smoothie is already made so I just need to grab my stuff and head out. Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #26  

Good morning Debbie, Rose and any other lurking chicks.

Not really sure what is on today's agenda. We were able to re-stock our coffee yesterday, as well as get a few other things which is good. I may do laundry since it will be cool and rainy so I don't mind running the dryer.(I try to avoid running it on hot days) Food is mostly OP; at least I know that even when I splurge my overall diet is much better than before SB.

Debbie, glad you had a good day yesterday and the mat stayed clean. I had had the same thought about making the thread a monthly one, unless we suddenly have a new influx of people.
Rose, how did the weeding go? Are you rested up and ready for back to work?

Have a good day.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #27  

Good morning,

Yesterday did not get the weeding done, DH wanted to go to a movie and I went with him. I did finish up some more cleaning in the house and did another load of laundry. The scale continues to move back down just a 3 more lbs and I will be back to where I was before leaving on vacation. Today I am volunteering for a military/veteran woman's baby shower in St. Louis so that will take up most of the day.. I agree that it is probably best just to do a monthly thread until we get more people.

Debbie sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you, hopefully you will be able to fit in Glenwood visit.

Beth glad you got your coffee yesterday, I am proud to say I did not touch any soda while we were gone only drank water and a couple of glasses of tea.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #28  

Good morning, chicks.

Lovely sunny day today so I will probably try to do a little weeding in that last section of the flower bed. I also have several calls to make today. Yesterday was rainy so I did some pilates instead but DH and I ended up taking a short walk in the afternoon too. I also bought a few clearance annuals at Lowe's; for 50 cents I couldn't leave them there! They will be planted today.

Here's to a OP Monday.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #29  

Good morning,

Managed the whole weekend op and feeling so much better. Today I am starting wfh but then going in for one meeting. Nothing on the agenda this evening, maybe I will get some weeding done, DH did some of it so that helped some.

Beth that was a great bargain, I would have picked some up too.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:57 AM   #30  

Good morning!

Rose, I am "sorta" OP these last few days. I do a SB breakfast and lunch but both days I ended up in "make the best choice" mode for dinner. I WILL get my act together and lose the weight this summer.

Today I need to run a few errands and then finish the trimming with the push mower. My weed situation is pretty much under control for now. Yesterday I finally got out the new cages for the tomatoes (bought at the end of season sale last fall) and they seem much sturdier than the generic wire hoops I had. I've got flowers on my tomatoes, zucchini and cukes so veggies can't be far off!

Have a good day.