South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-12-2018, 04:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 82.7/82.7/65

Height: 169

Default New to the New Beach and question re antidepressants

Hi everyone,

New member from Sydney Australia here. Not sure if this is the forum to introduce myself and jump in.

I have just decided to go back on the Beach having had some success with it a number of years ago. Sadly, due to being on some antidepressants for anxiety resulting in all sorts of bad eating (total carb cravings) I have put on 22 pounds (10kgs) since November. It's totally depressing. Having tried logging foods via Noom and MFP I just could not make it work. Also tried Keto but it's totally unsustainable for me in the long run as i got FOMO pretty quickly. So am revisiting SBD as I found it to be the most balanced way to eat that was sustainable.

Have ordered the new book which I await anxiously - I have to refamiiarise myself with the programme and also see what the updates are.

Any advice appreciated but I would be grateful to know if anyone else has lost weight whilst being on these meds. And any tips for initial success!

Regards
Leigh
LeighD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Leigh. Welcome to 3FatChicks. I agree that SB is a good all around eating plan that is healthy and seems to provide all necessary nutrients.

Most of the SB posters can be found on the Chat thread. Here is the one for July. https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sou...-2018-a-2.html I think they will enjoy having a new member.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Leigh and welcome!

I do not have any experience with the medications you’re taking but I can share that when I follow the South Beach plan, I lose weight AND I feel much better about myself. I have been following the south beach lifestyle since 2009 and I have had some times where I have strayed off plan a bit. I get back on the plan and I have never regained more than 10 pounds. If I have gained, by getting back on plan I have been able to get back to ground zero. I noticed that if I have eaten poorly for a few days, that just one day back on plan makes me feel so much better about myself. Perhaps that would help you a bit with the depression, as well. I have had many stressful events in the past few years with my family. I have gotten through them mostly on plan and without a big regain.

Since you have followed South Beach before, you know the importance of getting through the first two weeks on phase 1 then working in to phase 2. This forum has been very helpful for me to check in every day. It helps keep me on track. I don’t have those five or six or seven months where I stray off plan and gain a bunch of weight. These chicks here have become my friends and we chat a bit every day. With our monthly thread, it would be easy for you to jump in even from Australia. Anything you feel like talking about is OK.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 82.7/82.7/65

Height: 169

Thanks so much. Agree that being part of a community is super helpful. I'm surprised there are so few SBD forums out there.

I will definitely join the weekly chats.

Leigh
LeighD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antidepressants, new member