South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 06:00 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile Food for thought at the Beach DAILY 9/6

Food For Thought

I thought about food the other night
And it truly gave me a terrible fright
I had drempt that I had eaten chips galore
And then I couldn't fit out the door!
As I awoke
I happily found that it was all a joke
I jumped for joy
And said Boy oh Boy
Never will I give THAT food for thought!

Do you find yourself thinkning about food?
Does it still call your name?

Well, remember the above and change your food for thought and think:

Smaller portions
3 bites only
Low fat, fat free, and sugar free
Bake, broil and boil
eat till full and then NO more

And BEST of all think HEALTHY thoughts

I don't need or really want that
I am finally doing my body proud
I can tell myself NO
Those veggies are good for me
I am happy with this WOE
I am HAPPY WITH ME

Now, what is YOUR Food For Thought?

Have to wait one more month before they can see if I can get my glasses. It will take this time to heal.

You all are doing so well and are learning so much.

Don't forget your ME time.

Today I take mom to the store and see what legal "goodies" I can find for this week.

I am with Ruth about those darn nuts! I think my Food for Thought for this week will be NO MORE NUTS!

Have a great day at the beach.

Know you are important and valued.

Marcie
Old 09-06-2003, 06:49 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Morning Marcie and all you beautiful Chicks to Follow

Food for thought...I have been thinking about hunger. So many times I go to eat something, then think I am not actually hungry, its something else. So I figure if its something else then I should go do something else

Closing up the pool today..goodbye to summer hello to fall. Beautiful day shaping up here in the Northeast. Enjoy your day all you georgous women.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My food for thought today is to pay attention to my body and listen when it tells me I've had enough. I went 64 years without listening to it but it seems to have my attention lately.

Me: What's that strange feeling?
Body: You are full, you idiot. I've been telling you that for years!
Me: Sorry! I wasn't listening.
Body: That's OK. I forgive you. Go and sin no more.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:59 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I think I hold food in different light than I used to. I can now easily (for the most part) pass up most junk foods and stuff I used to crave. I try and remind myself that the cookie in the kitchen isn't the last cookie on Earth! I will have an opportunity to eat a cookie someday, and boy, it will be the best cookie ever made! I only splurge on stuff that is unique, or special, or never to be had again...like the creme brulee' I had on my BD at the 4 star french restaurant we went to. I know I will probably NEVER get back to that restaurant and I had NEVER had creme brulee', so it made sense to indulge. And I didn't have a moment's regret, either. This morning I REALLY wanted something from Panera Bread, but I drove on past. I just told myself that Panera would be there next week, and the week after, and that someday I would indulge. But not today.

I gotta get to bed so I can make my DS's first soccer game of the season! Take care and have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:33 AM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Everyone!

I wanted to stop in before going to exercise.

The topic today is one which has been on my mind a lot lately.

Marcie......Today, I am going to think healthy thoughts.
I think the two weaknesses on my part are
listening to my body signals (it's been so long
that I forgot what "full" felt like before SBD),
and "NUTS." Next week, I will be passing these
up.

Ruth.........I waited a long time before listening to myself,
too. But it's never too late. Think like a thin
lady!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Sflake.......Closing the pool and moving into Fall...I
Summer!

Frannymae.........Oddly enough, passing up junk food has
gotten much easier for me ,too. I
haven't had popcorn or pretzels for 3
weeks now! Those were my staples!!
I'm OK with that now!

Have a super Saturday everyone. And play nicely no the Beach!
~Sharon
Old 09-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #6  

I read a description in a fitness magazine of "circuit eating" (sort of a joke)--going from food to food while snacking, maybe having a bit of something sweet and then a bit of something salty and then a creamy thing and then a crunchy thing--in a search for something that truly satisfies, which you never find, slowly racking up calories in the process. I was amazed to see myself described so accurately! It really helps me to remember that there is no food that can actually *satisfy* me when I'm rummaging in the kitchen--I need to find satisfaction in something else, like an absorbing activity, or maybe actually concentrating on my work for a while.

I don't think I ever eat out of *boredom*--I like to think I'm never bored--but I certainly eat out of a vague sensation of dissatisfaction or restlessness. It helps to remember that it's not my body that wants to be fed, but my spirit & mind!
Old 09-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #7  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good Morning all!! Preparing for company, but with you all in spirit.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #8  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Bellydancer!

Very interesting.......that "circuit eating" described me to

a "T"!!!!! And all that time I didn't know it had a

special name! An old saying at WW (and by the way,

it's true for all of us) is "Nothing tastes as good as thin

feels!"..........Amen.

~Sharon
Old 09-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Hi all, I'm AGEOLDIE aka Barb.g and I used to be a regular poster on the Low Carb thread, and on the original South Beach thread before it got it's own section. Moving up in the world huh?

Anyway I haven't been down here in quite a while cause I was not being even halfway OP and I hated to admit it to the world. Of course everyone around here could tell, just by looking!

Anyway I'm back and have been doing my own thing, but mostly Phase 1 for four days. I'm looking for a new home to keep me on the straight and narrow, so I'll be trying to post on the dailies.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:06 PM   #10  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Welcome back, Barb! Glad you found your way back to the beach!
Old 09-06-2003, 04:47 PM   #11  

Hi everyone !!!

I usually do think healthy thoughts, but with all the planning that goes into what we should be eating its hard sometimes not to yearn for what isn't good for us ...

Franny, we have a Panera here too, about 20 minutes from my house ... they make the best "french toast" bagel with cinnamon, sugar and walnuts ... and walnut cream cheese ... haven't had one in months ... also haven't made creme brulee in about that same amount of time (hmmmm .... )

I also need to stop buying nuts ... peanuts, cashews ... away with you ...

Going out for Chinese tonight and don't have the slightest idea what to eat ... have to look thru the book, I know there's a section in there somewhere about Asian food ...

Have a good afternoon all!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 07:58 PM   #12  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Nikki, good luck w/Chinese tonight! I ADORE oriental food, but my favorites are all the stuff that definately ISN'T OP! The sweet and spicy sauces, breaded chicken...you know what I mean. I need to spend some time in the kitchen and develop some alternatives that satisfy my taste for Chinese without straying from the plan. Anyone have any good recipes?

My current weakness at Panera is the poppyseed mini bundt cake But their bagels are sooo good, too! So I had better just steer clear, huh?

Barb, I just noticed your "count down kitty!" That is absolutely adorable! Where did you get it or did you create it? I would love to do something like that!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:19 PM   #13  

On nuts--when I bring home a bag of nuts from Trader Joe's I pack it into snack-size ziploc bags in half-ounce portions right away. The SBD book says to eat 16 almonds--guess what, that's half an ounce, or about 85 calories--a really modest snack! I find that if I get some "good fat" in the form of almonds as a mid-morning snack that I stay happy until lunch.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:31 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: A last hello until we get back from our vacation. I had an all day meeting today 8:30 to 4:45 and this was the first day I have been hungry. Had no opportunity for the mid-morning or afternoon snack. Had a lunch that wasn't exactly OP, and by the time I got home I was tired, cranky and hungry. My DH took me out to eat, and I did redeem myself somewhat with a nice piece of salmon and green beans and salad.

Welcome Barb. You'll like this great group of gals.

When I am tired I know I am a circuit eater. I just always said I felt like I could 'eat the world', but it still doesn't make me not tired. Sometimes I'm a slow learner. Have a very good week all on the beach, and send me some : to keep me motivated. Lizzie

Last edited by Lizziepie; 09-06-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Closed Thread