South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Isa, good for you with the walk! I need to do that.

Debbie, I get tired just reading about your day. What is in your whole wheat casserole? Is the recipe on this site somewhere?

My sister and I have been planning for Easter. We have been invited to dinner at friends' house and promised to bring all SB-friendly food. We shall see how we do!

Have a great day, everyone!
QuietTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks!

Just checking in before dinner. (I've got pork loin and NS cole slaw).

Just another busy day at work but it was fairly calm so I am fine with that. I am looking forward to my long weekend; I can always use a day at home In my dream world I think I would only go to work 3 days a week.

Kathy, I'm not sure what casserole Debbie was talking about but my DH orders pasta made from legume flour; we swap it for any recipe that uses pasta. There is also some great multi-grain products in my grocery store. You should take a look.

Have a good evening everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning another busy week here.

Isa welcome back. You will lose those two pounds. Great job maintaining during such a hectic time in your life.
Kathy what are you planning on making for Easter?
Beth are you off next week? Most of our school districts lost this week due to snow days.
Pearlrose have a great trip. I would definitely need to break up the ride too.
Debbie hopefully the snow melts quickly.

A lot of running around this week and next too. Been falling asleep easily on the couch after dinner. I am holding under goal which is amazing considering some of the poor choices I made this week. Today is another crazy day with an early meeting downtown. I should have time before my meeting to get a salad for the long train ride back. Otherwise nothing new or exciting. This morning the temperature actually felt spring like. I did notice my neighbor’s crocuses are in bloom. Spring is coming!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

Kathy- what are you making for Easter? Kalyns Kitchen has some great suggestions. https://kalynskitchen.com/easter-rec...de-mayo-party/
Beth- Do you get Friday off? They don't do it here in Florida.
Jekel- I just hope I can continue to stay on track, I need to lose 2lbs to be back at what I was before but in reality I still need to lose almost 60lbs to be at set goal. BTW, congrats on maintaining!

It only take one person to change your life: YOU
Let's make good choices and have a wonderful Thursday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:35 AM   #20  

Good morning! Beth, thanks for the tip on pasta made from legume flour, I never heard of it but will look for it online. We always use whole wheat pasta.
Jekel, that's great that you are maintaining! I look forward to that day.
Isa, thanks for the link! I have used Kalyn's kitchen in the past but didn't know she had an Easter page. Looks like I'll be checking it out for Cinco de Mayo too!

For Easter, we are bringing a big pan of mixed roasted vegetables. I made a small batch last night to test my seasoning choices and they were yummy! For an appetizer we are bringing olives and mozzarella sticks wrapped in prosciutto, cut into small bite-size pieces. They are more than the sum of their parts and I just have to resist having too many. But it will keep me away from the chips and garlic dip that I know my friend will have out. Finally, we are bringing a dessert. Gasp! Sugar-free pudding made with low fat milk mixed with fruit. Again, a little bit of that will keep me away from the chocolate cream pie my other friend is bringing. I welcome any thoughts on this plan.

After work today I go for my annual physical. I think my doctor will be very pleased that I have started this journey - we will both just wish I had started sooner. Last year she tried to talk me into doing nutrisystem. She made the point that she doesn't normally recommend "diets" or prepackaged diet food, but has decided that for busy people, it can be the best way to get started. That stuck with me even if it took nearly a year to put into practice.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #21  

Good afternoon, chicks.

Today was our spring Staff Development Day for all the area schools. I did some workshops on technology; there are so many new options for teachers and students that it is hard to keep up. I brought my lunch so I could control what I was eating and resisted the treats that were available.

Isa, our spring break is really odd this year. We have tomorrow off for Good Friday but get our big week long break later in the month. I would much rather have next week off. I will have to look at Kalyn's site; I found some great recipes there at Thanksgiving (and in general!).

Jennifer, we still have snow days left since our calendar always includes at least 6. We will certainly get an add-on day at Memorial Day. Great job on maintaining! And I'm a little jealous of the crocuses but at least our snow is mostly gone.

Kathy, we order the pasta from Amazon; look for Tolerant Food or Explore Cuisine brands. My DH started out on SB with me but he missed the breads and pastas so we have been searching for whole grain and low-glycemic index items. Your Easter dinner items sound delicious. I often make my SF pudding with non-fat evaporated milk; I think it makes the pudding creamier.

Debbie,

Hope Ruth and Pearlrose are having good trips.

Have a good evening, all.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I just got back from the laundromat. It’s ready to go for the day. Sorry I haven’t been around, it’s been a busy week.

I’ve had a cold brewing so I’ve been also taking some downtime. So far it hasn’t exploded which is good. This morning I have an appointment at 8:15 then I’m headed over to my sisters to get the recyclables. I spent quite a while yesterday afternoon down in the basement office at her house cleaning out files again. I have another box I’d like to sort through before we go. Anything I can get rid of is always good. Other than that, back to work at the restaurant for two days then we will stay over here this next week. I have a washing machine repair guy coming on Monday. He can come while I’m not around but right now it would be helpful for me to see his process. The more things I can learn to prepare myself the better.

Kathy, sorry so late on the response regarding the casserole. Sometimes I get hungry for something then try to modify the recipe as best I can. This is the old tuna casserole recipe using cream of mushroom soup. Instead of Campbell’s I use a brand called Pacific from the health food store. I sauté fresh mushrooms, Black olives, onions, Celery and peas....Mix in the soup, tuna or salmon and WW noodle. Bake with a little cheese on top. It’s the first time I’ve made it in awhile.

Have a great day everyone! Time to move to my next project.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:03 AM   #23  

Good morning, chicks.

Debbie, good to hear your news. Your life sure is busy! I hope you are taking care of yourself while you help your sister and that the cold doesn't get worse. I recently found a tuna casserole recipe as well; it was from Cooking Light and you make the sauce then I use lentil pasta. DH likes it so I call it a win. Have a good day.

Not sure what is on today's agenda other than I don't have to go to work. I need to go to the bank and pickup a few things at the grocery store (almost out of veggies); I will have to exercise inside since the forecast is for rain all day.

Have a good day, chicks. TGIF
Old 03-30-2018, 09:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good Morning,

Yesterday, I went for another 2 miles walk, the weather was perfect and I really wanted to walk more, but my knees where hurting a lot. The arthritis is flaring up again and I don't want to over do it, I am just hoping that with weight loss the pain will ease too.

I wake up super hungry this morning, so I couldn't wait and had an early breakfast. Kids went off to school and now I need to clean the house and the bathrooms. I also need to go back to the grocery store and pick up some eggs and bread that we are almost out. DH can't live with out his bread lol. For dinner, I am cooking shrimp and calamari over white rice. I will having mine over zoodles, my mouth is watering now

I need to buy new shoes for walking, the ones I got are not good anymore. Do you have any favorites you will recommend? Now that I have a meniscus tear an arthritis in both my knees, I want to try a different brand and see if it helps ease the pain.

Beth, I heard the lentil pasta is good, I have to try it. The tuna casserole sounds good, the last time I had a tuna casserole was almost years ago. Enjoy your day off.
Debbie, I hope you get some rest and that the cold doesn't get worse.
Kathy, your menu sounds delicious!

Have a nice Friday ladies!
-Every day is a fresh start-
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:08 AM   #25  

Good morning. Thank you, Beth and Debbie, for the tips! I can't wait to try. And thanks for the support, Isa. We shall see how the non-OP people feel about the food.

My physical went very well. Doctor says she may be able to take me off blood pressure meds soon. My BP is historically pretty good but after my stroke they really wanted me to be on a low does of BP meds as a precaution. Now, the BP is low enough that she may decide its unnecessary. Her only advice was to increase the exercise which I knew for myself.

Have a great weekend! Happy holidays to those celebrating!

Kathy
Old 03-30-2018, 06:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good evening everyone.....

Kathy congratulations on getting a good report from the doctor!!!!
Debbie knowing you, you will be fixing washers and dryers before you know it!!!! Hope the cold doesn’t get worse.
Beth enjoy your long weekend.
Pearlrose and Ruth hope you are enjoying your trips
Isa I wear custom orthotics from my podiatrist which helps me. I prefer Saucony or New Balance.

Glad another work week has come to an end. I’m already into my second load of laundry and errands have been completed. Tomorrow, weather permitting, I hope to get a 30 mile ride in. Hope everyone has a great night!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:27 AM   #27  

Beautiful sunny morning here! I am waiting for it to warmup a bit and then DH and I will go for a walk. Not much on the agenda today, just weekend niggles, but it is nice to stretch them out over 3 days.

Have a good day, chicks!