3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekly Beach Chat 3/11- 3/17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/315207-weekly-beach-chat-3-11-3-17-a.html)

jekel383 03-11-2018 06:40 AM

Weekly Beach Chat 3/11- 3/17

Good morning hope everyone has a great day. I am already missing the hour of sleep. I’m sure having a little extra daylight will make up for it. Was pretty productive yesterday. Not SB compliant but did make Irish soda bread. I am keeping a half loaf for mysel the rest are given away. As a kid I wouldn’t eat it because of the currants (raisins) but now I love it. Definitely going to the gym as I enjoyed a little too much of it last night.

Beth I hope you got your coffee. Believe me I understand the importance LOL

Lexxiss 03-11-2018 09:39 AM

Good morning! I’m at work already. At the restaurant. LOL. We had to set our alarms for 330 So we could go down to the laundromat and fill our quarters and bill machines for the Next few days.Sunday is the busiest. We leave for Glenwood right after I get off work. Have a great Sunday and start to the week.

Thanks, Jennifer for getting us started! I’ve never had Irish soda bread. Sounds good.

Beth19 03-11-2018 07:55 PM

Good evening, chicks.

I can't believe the weekend is gone already; it certainly flew by! Yesterday was laundry, cleaning and paperwork, then DH and I took a walk and ran a few errands. Jennifer, we didn't get the coffee run accomplished until today, but don't worry, we are stocked up again. I also have my meal prep and planning set for the week, which is good. The scale moved again today so I am feeling encouraged.

Debbie, hope you had a good day at work. I anticipate a hard time getting up tomorrow since it will feel early. Funny how changing the clock throws (some of) us off.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Ruthxxx 03-12-2018 08:04 AM

Yes, it does feel early. I've not jumped out of bed in the dark for a while. Somebody on FB said that they were going to set their clocks ahead just a half hour and be done with it forever!

Debbie, you are shaming the rest of us with how you handle your busy work life! Actually I barely remember being busy with work stuff and being a single parent. Sure glad I'm retired.

We are off to Monday coffee with the group and then will get serious about organizing the car and stuff for our departure NEXT Monday. I plan to make reservations for our first stop (near Allentown, PA) but the rest of the trip will be an adventure. Bruce loves to drive but I will spell him daily. We will spend two nights with friends near Dearing GA and two more in Fort May FL but it'll probably be Holiday Inns for other nights. An adventure - toned down for old folks. (I was at Woodstock and that was enough roughing it!)

Time to throw a load of summer clothing into the washer - they were put away clean, of course, but a quick wash and dry freshens them up. I am NOT taking an iron!

Have a good Monday!

Pearlrose 03-12-2018 08:25 AM

Good morning,

We got back last night around 7:30 p.m., I am still off today and will clean up the house and do laundry today. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers it meant a lot. Lots of tears shed but the funeral was a great tribute to MIL. My FIL is not taking it too well so I will need to call every few days to see how he is doing (wish we lived closer than 12 hour drive). Needless to say eating was not op, the nice church ladies kept bringing food for every meal and the scale is up a few lbs so I am starting Phase 1 today, going to try for a full 2 weeks to get back on track.

Jekel, Ruth, Beth and Kathy been thinking of you and all of the snow and they said another storm is headed your way. We actually got some snow yesterday about 2 inches is all though.

Debbie enjoy Glenwood.

Have a great day everyone!

QuietTraveler 03-12-2018 10:55 AM

Good morning! Wow, was it hard to get out of bed this morning! I slept plenty Saturday night so I don't know why it makes such a difference.

The animal rescue fundraiser Saturday night was a lot of fun! I had a bit more wine than planned (still much less than I typically would have had), but did well on food. They had lots of raw veggies for snacks. :) I did indulge in the proscuitto-wrapped mozzarella - it was soooooooo good!! So, up a pound yesterday, but back down again this morning so no complaints. Yesterday was busy with errands and exercise so I think that made the difference.

Happy Monday! Debbie and Ruth, safe travels!

Beth19 03-12-2018 08:39 PM

Busy day today (most work days are!). I did exercise, made a OP dinner and ran out to the grocery store afterwards so I count the day a success. I've seen 3 different forecasts for this impending snow storm; guess I will have to wait and see how it goes.

Pearlrose, glad you are safely back.

Ruth, I am a little jealous of your upcoming trip! We have an unusual schedule this year; our spring break is late in April.

Here's hoping tomorrow morning doesn't seem so early!

Pearlrose 03-13-2018 08:16 AM

Good morning,

Back to the grind today. I am wfh today so that makes it easier to catch up on work. Got all of my chores and errands run yesterday, I still need to finish patching but not up to it yet, may tackle that this weekend. Nothing on the agenda this evening other than DD2 rehearsals for her play this evening.

Kathy the scale is starting to move back down for me as well, did have a bit of sugar withdrawal headache yesterday though.

Beth this morning seemed way to early for me, it's a jolt when the alarm goes off and it's still dark out but we will get through it. Our spring break is in a couple of weeks and now we are trying to decide what to do since we will not be going back to Texas.

jekel383 03-13-2018 05:02 PM

Afternoon everyone....
Pearlrose maybe you could find day trips not too far from home for spring break.
Kathy glad the fundraiser was a success
Beth did the sno miss you? We don’t even need to shovel whoo hoo!!!!

Today was uneventful. I have my blood work tomorrow. I got home today around 3:30 skipping my workout as I tweaked my neck the other day and its still bothering me. I am going to try and go to the gym before my blood work since I might have time. Lately after work I just don’t have the energy. I am hoping if we get some spring weather here maybe that will help my energy. My weight is stable and I seem to be in a good balance of OP with a few planned splurges. I think hormones are really coming into play lately. Sigh

Hope everyone enjoys their evening. My goal is to be in bed before 9 and at the gym by 5:30. We shall see......

Beth19 03-13-2018 07:12 PM

Hey chicks!

I never seem to make it here in the morning on a workday and now that we are eating dinner earlier I don't check in until late. Oh well; here I am.

We only got a few inches of snow so far but it is supposed to continue all night and tomorrow. Jennifer and Kathy, I'm on the back side of the Nor'easter wrap-around. I don't want to count on it but a snow day tomorrow would be nice............

Pearlrose, hope you had a calm and productive day.

Jennifer, sorry to hear about the neck. I am also an early to bed type. Lately I find I am asleep in my chair by 9:00 most nights.

Debbie and Ruth, hope you had good days!

Beth19 03-14-2018 08:35 AM

SNOW DAY!

So I'm sitting here drinking coffee and watching the snow fall. Later I will probably get some of my exercise finding my car. lol Our neighbor will plow but there's that strip between my car and the house.....and it's the wet heavy stuff. But it's good exercise.

Other than that I will probably do a little schoolwork on the computer and finish the book I started this weekend.

Have a good day everyone. It's the Peak of the Week!!

Pearlrose 03-14-2018 08:45 AM

Good morning,

Starting from home and the leaving in the afternoon to go into work for a 4 p.m. meeting. Working on reports, all caught up with email. Nothing on the agenda today other than work and making reservations, we decided we are going to Disney World. DD2 wants to go and we decided we needed a happy place to go to for a few days.

Beth yeah for a Snow day, enjoy your day

Jekel I hope your neck feels better soon, glad your weight is staying stable

QuietTraveler 03-14-2018 01:05 PM

Good afternoon. Jennifer, I hope your neck is better. I've had on and off trouble with mine for years so I sympathize.

We got about 12 inches of snow yesterday morning so I stayed home. The good news was it ended early and the sun took care of a lot of it. So, no shoveling needed at all! Even the cars were clear by this morning - that's my kind of snow storm. And my friends don't believe me, but we stayed OP even though we spent hours watching TV. And in between answering work emails, I also did a lot of de-cluttering which made me feel productive.

Take care, all.

jekel383 03-15-2018 07:41 AM

Good morning everyone. Had time to check in since I am on the train. Beth glad you got a snow day yesterday. YES shoveling is exercise!!! Kathy that’s my kind of snowstorm too. We were spared no shoveling at all PHEW!
Pearlrose great idea going to Disney.

Thank you my neck is feeling better. I have been using my bed buddy at night. I sit on the couch with it draped over my neck. It feels so good I think I may make this a nightly relaxation ritual. I did go to the gym before work yesterday (now that’s a miracle). I have a blood work appointment at 8 so I figured get up at regular time and hit the gym. Today I plan on going when I get home. Otherwise same old same old here.

Ruthxxx 03-15-2018 08:21 AM

Winter! Begone! More snow arrived yesterday and overnight and today is the day I need to drive to town for the usual pre-trip shopping trip - mainly drugstore stuff. I've been up since 4 sort of putzing around and accomplishing nothing! I seem to be getting a cold and it's too early in the day to give it my iconic Scotch and hot Neo-Citran treatment.