South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 2/25-3/3

One week left to end the month OP. After the last 2 days I am doing a reset and getting back on track. Very close to hitting my monthly goal. Hope you are too.

Nothing on the agenda today except getting ready for the week. Going to read the posts I missed and will be back later.

Hope everyone is well.

Beth I am doing well the periodontist is now letting me use a straw!!! So happy about that. I did get a thorough cleaning so my teeth are white again. I will have the other side done in May after the bike ride. Did you get your lights down? Several homes here still have them up. One year mine were up until April!

Pearlrose Blake Shelton!!!!! LOVE him. Can’t wait to hear about the concert.

Debbie you need a clone!!! Glad things are going well.

Ruth I guess muddy paw season is on the horizon.

Kathy I sneak in snacks for the movies too. What did you see? Sounds like you are really doing well. How long is Phase 2? Do you stay on P2 until you reach your goal?

Now to finish my coffee and get this wet dreary day started. I think I will get my work out done at home. I really don’t feel like going out in the rain today. LOL my hair is blown out straight and I would like to keep it that way.....oh life’s struggles lol

Last edited by jekel383; 02-25-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The concert last night was amazing, we ended up staying until the end since we car pooled to the event from the restaurant so didn't get home til 1 a.m. so definitely slept in this morning. Nothing on the agenda today which will be nice since I got everything accomplished yesterday.

Jekel sounds like you had the rain we had for 2 days, we got a bit of flooding we got so much rain.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks.

Back from a short trip to visit DS1, my sister and my parents. We drove down yesterday and came back today. It was a nice trip; we had good weather (when it is February above freezing with a little rain counts as good). I even got to do a little shopping. Food was so-so; I had dessert last night but also made some good choices. I will stay OP for the next few days and see if I hit my goal.

Jennifer, glad you are doing well. Hope you had a good day off.

Pearlrose, I have a hard time staying up late these days! It really throws me off the day after.

Ruth, do you have flooding in Delta? I saw a lot of rivers with high water between here and Watertown.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #4  

Last and first.

Back to work this morning. Weight held constant over the weekend so I am happy about that and must have made a few good choices. I certainly didn't get any exercise!!

Nothing special on the agenda today; work, workout, regular stuff. I have a meal plan for the week and hope to see a little more scale movement in the next few days.

Have a great Monday chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-26-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #5  

Good morning,

Yesterday didn't do much of anything other than a trip to Walmart for some household items. Read an entire book, stayed up a bit late to finish it up. Today is wfh with several conference calls. Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Beth glad you got to see DS1. I have staying up so late as well and I am okay with that.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Chicks! And Happy Monday. Pearlrose, what book did you read? I'm a slow reader, though I love to read it usually takes me a long time to get through one.

Yesterday was our first day on Phase 2. Yes, Jennifer, we stay on this Phase until we reach our goal weight. We spent most of the day out and about doing errands so staying OP was a challenge but I think we did okay. I packed snacks (veggies and bars) to have in the car between errands. We "celebrated" our first week on SB by eating out and managed to make decent choices. I lost 1/2 pound over the weekend so I am pleased so far.

We took both of our dogs to grooming - they were getting so shaggy, we hardly recognize them now! And then went grocery and furniture shopping. We purchased lots of veggies and a chair and ottoman. lol I was just going to "look" but that never seems to work out. Anyway, it gives me motivation to give the living room extra cleaning and organizing before the delivery next Saturday. Shopping meant lots of walking but otherwise I didn't get any exercise in. My plan is to start hitting the exercise bike tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-26-2018, 06:14 PM   #7  

Evening chicks

Pearlrose and Beth it takes me several days to recover from a late night out and that’s without drinking LOL I live my boring life.

Beth glad you had a nice visit with DS. Great job maintaining this weekend.
Pearlrose hope your conference calls went well.
Ruth hope Delta dries out soon
Kathy the last time I went furniture shopping with a friend, I ended up with a new living room LOL Good luck with the exercise bike. I’m a big fan of the bike.

Nothing new here just another day closer to retirement. Only 2316 days to go! Food was OP yesterday and today. Trying to make up for a “food” weekend.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:18 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Going to be another sunny day here and I am wfh so I will get to enjoy looking out the windows while working. Have to go in for the next two days. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Katy I am an amazon prime member so I borrow all kinds of books from them, I like to read all kind of types of books from sci fi to thriller to mystery to romance.

Jekel I had to lol at your day count towards retirement, I think I would drive myself crazy if I tried to figure that out for myself. lol. Don't think I am going to lose this month but will have maintained for the month (okay gained and then lost the gain)

Old 02-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunshine and above freezing here, Pearlrose and Jeckel, and the morning is half over!

Bruce and I cleaned the dog deck (I'll spare you the details!) and the dogs are anxiously awaiting to have the steps opened up and cleared. The yard is frozen, Lake Sheridan has formed and looks ready for skating until it melts and muddy paw season officially begins. We know there will be more cold and snow but we now believe Spring will finally arrive. (We leave for Florida two weeks from next Monday and it had better be here when we get home in early April.)

Karen, it sounds like you are doing well on the new SBD plan. Dropping even a half pound is such motivation. However, keep the dropped ones south of the border, OK?, because a half pound snuck into my body overnight. (I succumbed to two pieces of pizza for dinner last night!)

Beth, glad to hear the driving is OK down your way. The problem in #81 was not for you, I guess.

Off to the Township office to get the 2018 dog tags for my furries plus medical trip insurance. Have a happy Tuesday.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:13 PM   #10  

Good afternoon, chicks.

Another quiet day at work with sunshine out the windows. Ruth, I'm starting to wonder if spring has come early (although I am not getting my hopes up). We are down to only a few snow piles from the plows. Food is good and the weight is steady, but I can hold out hope for a little movement on the last day of February can't I?

Jennifer, I also smiled at your retirement count. I'm trying not to start one yet but I know it is under 500....DH and I are having discussions about what comes next. Hope you had a good day.

Pearlrose, being able to see the sun, even out the window, makes a huge difference in how I feel. I am enjoying how light it is when I leave for work in the morning right now. It won't be long and we will have to change the clocks and shift the light to the afternoon. Being this far north it really makes a difference.

Debbie and Kathy, hope you had good days.

Off to make dinner. I'm doing chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice tonight. Yum.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #11  

Pearlrose its a countdown app on my work phone LOL. I don’t have those kind of math skills. Hope you enjoyed your view today.

Ruth you must be getting excited for your trip!!! It is muddy paw season here too.

Beth I am keeping positive thoughts for a genuine loss for you....ok for all of us this month.

I am slightly under last month’s number. I was at my monthly goal last week but I think hormones are raging LOL.

I did get my taxes done after work. HUGE sigh of relief not owing. I am glad I changed my filing status this past year. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice again. Bike is already for a ride when I get home. Even if I only get an hour in I’ll be happy. Weather is supposed to be nasty Thursday and Friday. I might actually clean the house one of those days.

Enjoy your evening
Old 02-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Ladies! I was "out of pocket" yesterday. My sister had one day surgery so I was at the hospital all day. She did very well and is back at work today! I brought snacks and lunch to the waiting room - very proud of myself that I didn't have to go to the hospital cafeteria. But although I brought a water bottle, and had access to a water cooler to refill it, I didn't drink enough water. And I can tell today, I get a bit sluggish until I hydrate up again. And I was up a pound! Gasp! I assume that just normal fluctuation.

Enjoy the sunshine!
Old 02-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #13  

Good afternoon,

Went into work today, am back at home finishing up the day. Being holding on to eating op (just barely), I don't think the scale is going to go down so it will be a 0 month for me, I guess that is better than having kept what I gained earlier in the month.

Ruth it is muddy outside here, it rained again this morning so the ground is very soggy. I would be so excited for a trip to Florida right now

Beth I agree just seeing the sun helps out with mood. At work we have no windows in our office so I miss being able to see out when I go in.

Jekel I don't think I will get that app just yet, would be too depressing to see how many days lol.

Kathy glad your sister came thru surgery well, your lb up could be from not enough water, it's amazing what your body does.

Have a nice evening

Last edited by Pearlrose; 02-28-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:30 PM   #14  

Kathy glad your sister’s surgery went well. I’m sure increasing your water today will swoosh that pound away. Plus I bet you did a lot more sitting yesterday too.

Pearlrose I had an office with no window. Heck we were completely underground at Penn. I agree a bright sunny day brightens your mood. Hey zero is a number. Way better that a gain any day.

The afternoon quickly turned gray. Will ride indoors while catching up with the DVR tonight. Tomorrow we have a meeting in Queens so it will be an early night. As of this morning I am down 2.4 for the month. Not quite the 3 I wanted but that’s OK it was a short month.

Have a great night.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:00 PM   #15  

Hey chicks. Another quiet day today, just the normal routine. We had sun early but now we are looking at rain and maybe snow tomorrow night. I can't complain since it is only February.

I was very happy to be down a half pound today; that makes 2.5 for the month. I will take that!

Jennifer, enjoy your ride and TV watching.

Pearlrose, undoing a gain counts! I am losing the same pounds I lost last August.....consider it momentum for next month.

Kathy, glad your sister's surgery went well. Don't let the daily fluctuations get you down.

Have a good evening.
Closed Thread