South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Week Ending Sunday, February 25th

Posted by Beth this a.m.

Quote:

Good morning chicks!

Sipping my coffee and doing a little surfing before breakfast. (I love a day off!!) We didn't go shopping yesterday so pretty soon I will shower and get ready to go. I am sure we will have lunch out so I am already engaging my willpower so I will make good choices. I had a bit of a whoosh this morning so I am feeling motivated to stay OP.

Yesterday we had sunshine again so DH and I took a walk outside again. It gives me hope that spring will be coming! (right now I also have a tab open on my browser for my favorite garden site. I might be ordering a few seeds this morning.)

Have a great Monday everyone!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

Well, the day started off with a lot of confusion around here. I was sure it was Sunday for some reason. Guess I was getting it mixed up with the holiday. Family Day events were cancelled because the rain and mildish temperatures put paid to using the local rink. We still have lots of snow but I guess nobody came up with ideas for non-ice events. (I really didn't want to serve free hotdogs from the rink shacks for two hours anyhow!)

The forecast says we are in for rain and a major melt this week so there may not be ice left for skate The Lake which is another major event this coming weekend. I'm sure we will all survive and maybe some of the folks with 'flu will get better faster. We both have escaped it, partly from having been vaccinated and partly from being outside daily - "and prayers", says the Preacher. I hosted the coffee at the Church Hall this a.m. and took half a large chocolate cake to feed the multitudes. My beautiful step-daughter, Maureen, made one for a family birthday party yesterday afternoon and we inherited the remains. Rumour has it that it was excellent but I resisted.

Weight was up just a half pound this morning but that's from a salty roast last night, not from the birthday party or this morning's coffee and will go away overnight, I'm sure. I'm glad the ten pounds I gained in six months is almost gone I'm pretty sure some of it was water retention from the swollen leg.

Time to at least start the Monday laundry - the rest of the week is busy and I need to get in control for my own sanity.

Hope your week has started well.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth glad you didn’t have to work the stand
Beth I wish I was off today as I had no motivation when the alarm went off.

Yesterday I went on a HUGE and I mean HUGE shopping spree with my friend Meredith. I think I bought some things just because they fit LOL. After I got home I tried everything on again. Half of my purchase will be returned on Friday. Meredith and I were shopping for hours and only went to two stores. LOL we closed the mall down. I don’t know if anyone shops at White House Black Market, but their sizes seem to run large. Great for the ego not for the wallet as their clothes are pricey IMHO.

I did try the cauliflower crust again. Much better this go around. I tweaked it some (more flour, less water for the flax eggs). Definitely not pizza crust but tasty. I topped it tonight with roasted red pepper hummus, mixed grillled veggies (found in the frozen food section easy easy), a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum!

Still doing well with my lent promise, no snacks after dinner. Time to pedal. Have a good night.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Very dreary and rainy here today. Luckily I did not have any outdoor activities planned; today is stay inside and clean the house day. (such an exciting life I lead, lol) Yesterday DH and I went shopping and I managed to buy a few household items but didn't get the skirt I was looking for. How hard should it be to find a plain gray skirt to wear to work??? Anyway we had a nice day out.

Ruth, I am glad you didn't have to work the hot dog stand but I bet some of the local families were disappointed that things were cancelled. And it is good you have escaped the flu! Some of my students have been out for a week at a time. Enjoy your day.

Jennifer, sounds like you had a good time shopping with your friend and I'm glad you found some items to buy and keep. Great job on shutting down your nighttime snacking.

Pearlrose, hope you are having a great trip!

Debbie, laundromat today? Hope things are going well.

Have a good day, all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Back from the trip, we got home around 6:30 p.m. last night, got unpacked and ready for today. Today is the only day I am wfh which is good so I can get laundry done while working. Have to catch up on alot of emails and have multiple conference calls today.

I will need to go back and read everyone posts. Eating was not op and started Phase 1 today, may do 2 weeks to get back on track.

Have a great day everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Introducing myself

Good morning, Chicks. I hope it is okay to do this here. If not, just slap me upside the head.

I joined this forum yesterday and I'm eager to become a regular.

I was on the Southbeach lifestyle 10 years ago and lost 50 pounds. I swore I would eat this way for the rest of my life, not only for the weight, but because I felt so much better. There was no single day I fell off the lifestyle, it happened gradually. I would still insist on whole grains for instance, but became addicted to sugar. Anyway, I had gained back 20 of the 50 pounds. But I didn't have the desire to do all the planning and cooking that I remembered from the first time around. So, I decided to take advantage of the Southbeach mail order plan. My sister and I started on Phase 1 this past Sunday (having a buddy is so helpful!). 10 years ago Southbeach had a forum for paid members, but that seems to have been lost in all the updates so I was searching for a home and found you! I have also spent the last few days trying to learn the changes in the plan since the days when I knew it so well. I am excited to be back on this journey and to share with all of you!

Thanks for listening,
Kathy
QuietTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Welcome Quiet Traveler! Jump right in and best wishes as you return to South Beach!

We are having a cold spell with snow so I am keeping busy with shoveling and making sure the Laundromat is ok. So far so good. I have to drive up to the ski area to pick up the order and I had a massage scheduled for DH which he doesn't want to go out in the ice so I will take it at 1:30. Other than that, all is well.

Welcome back, Rose!

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Lexxiss, we are in pouring rain and above freezing temps so the dogs have planned a day of loafing beside the stove. I may join them shortly as I feel like I've already done a good day's work - even ironed some linen napkins I washed after Christmas. (The darned elves that come in the night didn't show so ... ) I hope you enjoy your DH's massage. (I've never had one but will one of these days.)

Another drop on the scale this morning so I must be doing something right! My scale tells me I'm at pre-wedding weight but I'll not change my ticker until I'm sure it's real. We are invited out for fish and chips tonight so I'm a tad leery and will wait and see. And tomorrow is the AGM lunch for the women's group so I may wait until Thursday.

Time to throw in another load of laundry and crank up the rest of the day.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #9  

Welcome Kathy!!! Most of us follow the original SB program. The prepacked meal plan is a great way to get started. Curious are there 3 phases? If so do you transition to non packed food in Phase 3. Regardless, there are some really great recipes on this site. It’s great your sister is joining you.

Debbie hope you enjoyed your massage
Ruth you have been making a lot of progress since the holidays. I bet it is real weight.
Pearlrose glad you get to WFH today. It is always hard going back to work after being off. I'm sure you will get right back on track

Hi Beth

So excited tomorrow it i supposed to be sunny and 70!! I put my bike in the work car and have all my essentials packed to ride. Our job cars are equipped with GPS. I told my Chief I am doing a security assessment of a new bike path which adjoins our property. We did have an incident this past Friday. The path is 9 miles and unable to drive a car on the path. I told him I was going to ride the new trail, off duty, but because of potentially losing daylight I was going right from work. This is a win win for me and the job.

Time to get my lunch packed for tomorrow. Enjoy your night!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #10  

Good morning chicks!

I am off to the grocery store before my haircut later this morning, then I need to go to the DMV later to renew my license and car registration both. Can you tell today is errand day?? Yesterday was very productive with cleaning and organizing plus a workout. Food has been mostly OP and the scale is slowly moving down. Slow and steady is good.

Welcome Kathy! I am interested to hear your thoughts about the mail order plan, especially since you did the cooking version before.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Starting from home today and going in a bit for several meetings. It rained a lot yesterday and overnight and now the temps are in the 30's hopefully roads won't be slick. I managed a day OP yesterday and scale is moving back down. Here's to day 2 of op eating. Tonight haircuts are on the agenda.

Jekel I am sure you are excited to be able to ride outside again

Ruth yeah for the scale moving down you have been doing good with all the goodies around you

Beth sounds like you are getting a lot done on your break

Welcome to Kathy, I am with the chicks would like to hear what you think about the meal order plan.

Debbie I hope you enjoyed your massage, that was a nice treat.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and thanks for the warm welcome! So far, we are pretty impressed with the mail order plan. It is 3 phases. Phase 1 is just 1 week and we are in the middle of it right now. We don't like spicy foods so there has been 1 entree we really couldn't stand so I made scrambled eggs. Otherwise, we have been happy. The best part is the shakes and bars. They are delicious, but some of the entrees have been very tasty too. For instance, last night we had mushroom stuffed chicken breast and we both loved it. In this Phase, you are supposed to eat only the foods provided plus add in 5 servings of non-starchy vegetables per day.

In Phase 2 there is one DIY day to start teaching you how to do the plan on your own. I say one day, but really it is 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner and they suggest you spread them out over the week rather than do it all in one day.

In Phase 3 (if I ever get there!), you purchase as much or as little packaged food as you like. I can see myself purchasing the bars and shakes indefinitely to have on hand for those times a healthy snack isn't convenient.

If you have any other questions, ask away! And I'm sure I'll have more to report as we are further into it. It still takes some planning but it is less overwhelming to me than starting over on my own.

I am in Connecticut and we are expecting it hit 70 today! Unbelievable after the 8 inches of snow we had Saturday night.

Have a great day!
Kathy

Last edited by QuietTraveler; 02-21-2018 at 09:41 AM.
QuietTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Well, I'm a tad late today because we slept in! Could not believe it was bright out when we awoke! We did go out to dinner last night and the drive home in dense and swirling patches of fog was quite stressful! Remember we live in the country and are surrounded by lakes. I was glad to have Bruce at the wheel and angels floating over the car for the half hour drive home through dark country roads. Guess we were tired from stress! (Weight was up 1/2 pound but that'll go fast now that I've found the secret.)

Keep on keepin' on, Chickies.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #14  

Ruth glad you made it back safely

Kathy I am your NY neighbor LOL we were well over 70 today too. I like that the mail order SB still used the original SB principles. I live alone and I go through my “I don’t want to cook stages.” I tend to have frozen dinners on hand. You will get to phase 3

Beth you had a great day to be off....even if your day was filled with errands.

Pearlrose great job staying OP. Hope the roads dry up!

Yes, I did get a ride in after work. NEVER have I ridden outdoors in February. I only did 12 miles as I had to get home to Coconut. Still better than being stuck indoors riding. Food was OP but I am actually a little hungry. Hoping water will curb that as I don’t want to snack before bed.

Hope everyone enjoys their evening.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #15  

Good morning chicks!

Not much to report here today. I got my errands done yesterday, so that was good. I was SO happy to finally get my hair cut; I don't know why I always procrastinate when it comes to making the appointment. Not sure what is on today's agenda. If the sun really comes out I may take a walk. Oh and do some organizing of paperwork for taxes...

Jennifer, glad you got to take a bike ride. I am impressed that you are giving up the evening snacks. DH and I decided the other day to try to eat dinner a little earlier in an effort to curb the endless snacking between 4:30 and 6:00. We had been eating later and later in the last year or two.

Have a good day, chicks!