South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat 2/4-2/10

Good snowy morning chicks!

I've got coffee.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #2  

Good morning. I am sipping coffee and watching the snow fall. Pretty soon I will bundle up and head to the grocery store. I can't help but think it will be crowded mid-day with shoppers looking for Super Bowl snacks.

Today begins a new week of OP eating for me. I have not been able to put together more than 1 or 2 days at a time recently and I must do better as the scale is moving in the wrong direction. At least yesterday I climbed 40 flights of stairs while I was at the competition with the kids. That's got to count for something, right?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had a productive day yesterday, got the garbage disposal replaced, DD1 came over and we went to the mall to return some stuff for her and I got DD1 a pair of pants she wanted and then we went grocery shopping. Came home and got most of the cleaning the done. Eating was terrible yesterday. Here is to an op eating day. Trying to decide if we want to go to the pet parade today or not, it's not snowing but it's cold.

Beth I am right with you, today begins a week of OP eating for me, I can do a few days and then bam. I know it's mental issue so need to work on that.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #4  

Good morning,

Quiet in here, I am sure it was a busy weekend. Eating was still not 100% op yesterday so trying to go for it today, focus. Today is wfh and then I have to take DD2 to her regular dentist for checkup and cleaning after school. Nothing else on the agenda.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, very quiet. I've missed checking in a few times lately, I realize. We have been hunkering down with snowstorms and extreme cold but today is better. It sure is lovely to see the sun melting some of the snow today - it even feels like there is hope of an end to this extreme cold and snow.

We went to the usual Monday morning coffee klatch at the United Church this morning - fun but sure takes a hunk out of the day. (Since the diner closed well over a year ago, the UChurch Hall has become a coffee shop.) It's donation only but seems to be doing more than making ends meet. Any profit goes into the local Food Bank, also run by the UC.

This afternoon my house will become a barber shop when Bruce's daughter does some family haircuts. I somehow don't know why it's here but ... Anyhow, Maureen is not a hairdresser but has been doing haircuts for Bruce and his three sons and two grandsons for years. (She hasn't started on the great grands yet.) No idea how or why she started this but ... I have no intention of taking over from her! I may just hole up in my wee sewingroom and try to get used to having barely enough space to unfold a quilt. I got spoiled with my big studio, now the master bedroom.

Time to rustle up some lunch for Bruce and get organized for the onslaught. Maybe M will do the dogs too?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #6  

Good afternoon chicks.

Just stopping by for a minute to catch up on the news before I head to the basement to do some sort of exercise. I was a slug yesterday so I don't want to miss today. I will just put dinner in the oven first.

Ruth, it's nice the village has come up with Monday coffee hour to fill the need for a social hour. Hope the haircuts went well!

Pearlrose, hope you had a productive Monday.

I've got to move or I won't get my exercise in. Have a great evening!
Old 02-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #7  

Good morning,

I headed into work this morning, have a couple of days at the office this week. Still working on end of month reports but I also have a new project that is kicking off this week that I am trying to get reports that are needed for that as well.

Ruth hope you were able to go into your quilting room and enjoy some time there

Beth hope you got your exercise in. I have been doing good with exercise, food not so much.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I had a long catch-up post yesterday and lost it. We had a nice two nights in Glenwood and will head back this morning. It’s snowing here so I don’t know if we will stop at the pool on the way. Everything is going good. Loved getting back to my water yoga class yesterday!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #9  

Hey Debbie, good to see you. I am sure your life is quite busy right now with the new business venture as well as the regular stuff. We are having snow today and more tomorrow. Must be February or something.

Pearlrose, I exercised yesterday and today but my food is so-so.....Hope you are conquering those reports!

We are slated for a storm tomorrow but it won't hit until mid-day. I can't help but wonder if we will get out of school early. Other than that, no big news. I'm ready for spring to come. I'm tired of winter coats and boots.

Have a good evening chicks.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:40 AM   #10  

Good morning,

WFH today, we had snow dust coating overnight, we have not had any snow accumulation here this winter just bitter cold unlike the North East getting dumped with snow this year. It seems to go north and south of us all winter, no complaints here. Still working on reports, I have to present to Senior Leadership tomorrow so will be going into office for that. I feel better after talking to my VP yesterda about exactly what I am supposed to be improving.

Beth my exercise has been good, food so so I think I know I am going to my parents next week and will not be able to be op there so....still over a week before we leave so going to try for a week of op.

Debbie glad you had some good days at Glenwood, hope you were able to fit some relaxation at the pool there.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:54 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I've already been to the "mat" for superficial tidy up. I like to do that before opening at 6. Fortunately, I can accomplish it while coffee is brewing. I had one cup when I got home then headed right upstairs for paperwork. The bank needed something for our loan and I have a mining permit due next week. Found out that is only an efile now so I had to set up a new account and wait for confirmation. Now on to two applications which have already been approved but need a "wet" signature. Everything is moving forward.

It's a bright sunny day here although a bit chilly. Guess I will go down and find more coffee.

Rose, I haven't minded our weather here, either.

Beth, hope you don't have too much accumulation..

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #12  

Hey chicks!

Snowy day today; we probably have 7-8" of new stuff. We had the driveway plowed out but there was a little clean-up to do on the sidewalk and around my car. I don't mind shoveling fluffy snow when I'm not in a hurry to get to work. Other than that it was a regular work day for me although the kids were whiny that we didn't have a snow day.

Debbie, those online accounts are a blessing and a curse both, aren't they. Hope you got things accomplished.

Pearlrose, hope you had a good day.

Have a good evening all.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Headed into work today, nothing really on the agenda other than day to day.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Lost another long post. I guess I should do it in Word and then paste in. Still not losing the post Christmas gain but will never give up trying! Another weekend ahead with three foodie events - all fundraisers for a single parent who is very ill .... hard to say no. Will try to catch up later.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Trying again with a "paste-in"!

Snow! Snow and more snow! Richard, the Lane Plow Dude, will be rubbing his gloves in glee. Bruce loves shoveling the deck, porches and walks but even he is getting a tad miffed. He's just back from working with the "younger" men shoveling the local rink since there's an event here today with some visiting high school hockey team. (He claims he's praying that this afternoon's predicted snow is minimal! Not a flake so far.)

February is a busy month for me with taxes to do for April 30th so I am trying to get a head start. We are heading off to Florida mid-March for a three week break and I need to be organized. I have said "no" to almost all my previous clients but must do Barb's final return for friend Mac - she died in the fall and poor Mac has really been struggling with all the paperwork. Then I'll do our returns and probably file them just before the deadline.

By the way we've also booked a repeat of that cooking course in Umbria Italy in mid-September. Although Bruce has travelled almost everywhere as a guide for Church-sponsored trips, he's never been in Italy for long so this will be an interesting one-place stay. He speaks Greek and French but not much Italian. 'Twill be interesting. Bruce won't be cooking but I know he will love to explore the old hill city of Amelia with its walls and not a single horizontal piece of road.

Now I need to get cracking and finish up the crockpot of pulled pork to take to the rink to feed the multitudes by 4:30. They'll be hungry after playing hockey.

Hope your day was a good one.