South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-17-2018, 08:23 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another blustery morning but will be warming up to 28 degrees today. Another wfh day but have lots of work to do. Eating still op and the scale moved down again today whewhoo! Now 3 more lbs and I will be back to where I was at lowest last year and keep moving down.

Jekel hope you don't get too much snow to shovel today

Beth I love fresh baked bread so I try not to buy any and I have to keep reminding myself I said no grains for one month lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Guess what? It's snowing! At least it's white , not gray, and smells nice and fresh.

Spent most of yesterday in town with my man. We went "just for groceries, Ruthie" but ended up spending the entire day there driving around town for small things the Man decided we needed - like yet another battery tester and some work mittens for shoveling snow. My idea of shopping is to plan the route, do the deed and head for home; however .... Gotta love a guy who loves the Dollar Store and he did buy breakfast. (We had frozen pizza for supper which certainly was not on my food plan although I stuck to a poached egg on brown toast for breakfast.)

Bruce is off in the delivery truck with his baker friend Carl. They have promised not to go on the thruway and I do believe them. There have been too many serious accidents on the 401 - the road that runs from Montreal to Windsor-Detroit! I've no idea what they talk about on their bi-weekly drives but I do enjoy my "me" time when I soak in the dub with coffee and a book - with no interruptions! (After over ten years of living on my own, I enjoy my alone time and even get extra things done - like organizing excess stuff for donation to the Thrift Shop!) Today I'll finish stashing the Christmas lights and do some plan-ahead cooking.

Stay warm if you are still in the deep freeze - "this too shall pass".
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning!

I had a very busy and productive day yesterday I did 23,000 steps. I tried to exercise in the morning but wasn't able, so I did them before bed time. This morning I wake up with my face and neck very red not sure if was that I didn't clean my face well enough when I shower after the exercises or from a new salad dressing I tried last night. I am also taking prednisone for my arthritis inflammation and it is a high dose so not sure if the rash is a reaction to the medicine.

Today I have a chiropractor appointment and then need to run some errands and that is pretty much it. I weigh in this morning and I was down 2lbs I am pretty much is water retention but it feels good to see the scale going down. For lunch I have vegetarian chili that I made in the slow cooker yesterday, I will also have an apple and almond butter.

Have a great day!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Isa 23,000 steps is incredible for one day!!!! Congrats on the scale going down too. Hope your face clears and your not on the prednisone for long.

Beth that was nice of the BOE to recognize the robotics team. I will splurge on freshly baked bread too. It’s so rare I eat bread anymore.

Ruth I too enjoy my alone time. LOL one of the many reasons why Joe and I don’t live together.

Pearlrose great job sticking to the no grains for a month. You are going to be below your lowest weight in no time!

All good here just got in from shoveling. Broke down and used the snowblower for some of it as it was heavy. Well my gluten free vegan pizza is just about done (I know it tastes way better than it sounds). Have a great night!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! Up 2 pounds this a.m. after a somewhat salty day - not Chinese but my own cooking! Today must be a lots of water and no extra salt day and it'll disappear. Since I'm in my 80th year, I can't blame it on the time of the month.

Woke in the night to the sound of snow sliding off the roof and landing with a huge thud on the deck. There's now a big pile blocking the sliding door exit from our main floor bedroom. The Parson is scurrying through his breakfast to get out to clear it. I can't believe how much the lad likes to shovel snow! Aside from shoveling, we are probably going to stay home today for a change. I have lots of tidying and sorting to do and want to get my sewingroom organized enough to find things! Of course, a single phone call could change all that!

Enjoy this mid-January day and the slight mild spell predicted. We are thinking of driving to Florida but not until March. I hope we survive until then. Good thing we Canadians are tough! "Mon pays - c'est l'hiver!"
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #21  

Good morning,

WFH and have back to back conference calls all morning. It will be in the 30s today and the sun is shining . Still eating op and just plugging along.

Ruth glad that your DH likes to shovel snow, that way you don't have to

Isa great job on the steps, I only do that many if I am at one of the Disney parks

Jekel your gluten free pizza sounds good to me, struggling not to get some type of grain lol

Beth hope you got your walk in yesterday

Old 01-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Busy and hanging in. Euthanizing my kitty at home this morning.,sad, but I would rather be a month early then a month too late. She is in renal failure and slows down more every single day. We are just sitting downstairs waiting. This afternoon I have a meeting at 1 PM. Then will try and relax.

The sun is shining here and not too cold.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon,

This is my second post today. The other never post

We wake up this morning in the higher 20's too cold for us Floridians LOL. The kids didn't want to wait for the bus so I drove them to school. Right now we are in the 50's and the sun is shining, so I opened all the windows. For lunch I cooked plantain and carrots soup and I just add some ground turkey meat.

Debbie, I am really sorry about your kitty but you did the right thing ((hugs))
Rose, I usually walk and average of 15,000 steps daily. I need to stay moving if I don't want my knees to hurt. I usually just walk around the house LOL.
Ruth, Hope you stay warm. What part of FL will you be visiting?
Jennifer, how was the pizza? Did you make your own? My youngest has a corn and wheat allergy and I am always looking for new recipes.

Have a great day ladies, I better finish my coffee and continue organizing my office. I have way too many paper to file.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

Work and a training session afterwards made a late day so no exercise today; I will make it a priority tomorrow. Trying to stay OP but I seem to be channeling Ruth: my DH had some temptations for me. I shall persevere! Halfway through the month and I want to make my goal for weight loss.

Debbie, sending good thoughts to you.

Jennifer, I recently bought a lean cuisine pizza that was surprisingly good. I love pizza.

Isa, That's a lot of steps! You should be proud.

Ruth, hope you enjoyed your quiet day. (Did it really stay quiet??) We got a fresh dusting of snow overnight and during the day too.

See you all tomorrow.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #25  

Good morning chicks!

Another cold morning, I am just eating breakfast and then will be driving the kids to school. This morning I need to go to Sam's to do a return and get some groceries. In the afternoon I have family coming over to visit mom and then at midnight I need to fetch DH from the airport. That is pretty much all I have to do today. I also need to keep working on filing and separating last year papers for taxes.

One of the parents of our son's friends work at Disney and they invited to go to Disney tomorrow. I am not a fan of going to Disney, I used to go every weekend when I was a younger. However, I know my boys are going to have a blast. Last time we took them to Disney was two years ago, park tickets are way too expensive to go very often. So when they asked if we want it to go for free, of course I say yes.

Have a wonderful Friday and stay warm.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #26  

Good morning,

We are getting up to the 40's today, yesterday was busy day but did do a run to grocery store to pick up some items. I had some bread yesterday so back at it today. Hoping the sun comes out today as well. Tomorrow we got tickets to go see Alabama in concert so that should be fun.

Debbie sorry to hear about your kitty

Isa we love going to Disney (when the parks are not at capacity) but you are right the tickets are very expensive

Beth hope you are able to get your exercise in today

Old 01-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Thanks for all the kind wishes. Kitty passed peacefully and I sure miss her this morning. Kellie is now an only child and will be for awhile.

Beth, hope you get your exercise today!

Rose, Alabama sounds fun! Your DH sure secures lots of tickets!

Isa, free Disney is worth it! Your kids will have a blast!

Ruth, I'm always amazed at the combined energy you and B have!

Jennifer, hope you got all your snow moved! We have had almost none this season. I'm certain we are going to get nailed at some point.

So....I am hot on paperwork. DH and I are buying an Laundromat. LOL Long story short....the business is in one of our rentals. It's been a Laundromat for 20+ years. 3 years ago it sold (to a great guy) and he and my mom did a long term lease for way too little $$. I have to honor the lease, which is transferable. The guy we love wants to sell and reinvest in a new property. He kept telling me I should buy it. He finally had a serious buyer and gave us one last chance. The new buyer is a jerk and already wanting a longer lease and all kinds of stuff fixed up. Rather than deal with a jerk for 9 more years we decided we'd rather create our own destiny. The current tenant has really fixed it up and it basically runs itself. The lights turn on at 5:55am and electronic doors unlock at 6. They lock promptly at 9pm and the lights turn off. He has run this successfully for 3 years and only traveled over 2x a week. We are 5 minutes away.
Things can certainly change in a day. We need a bank loan to complete but should be able to pay off in 3-4 years.

So that's my day. Better get back to it! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 5"

Good (late) afternoon chicks.

Thanks for all of the good wishes: I was able to make exercise my priority this afternoon.lol I resolve to do better next week and will get a start on it this weekend. And I also resolved to make my WL goal for the month. Going to need to remind myself that I feel better when I do both!

Debbie, the new business seems like a good investment! Hope the paperwork goes smoothly.

Pearlrose, I've been a fan of Alabama for a long time. It's nice to have warmer temperatures.

Isa, I'm sure the kids will have a great time. How nice of your friend to give you tickets.

Ruth and Jennifer, hope you had a good day!

Enjoy your evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks.

Debbie so sorry to hear about your kitty. A new business venture sounds so exciting!!!
Beth I too need to set goals every month. Helps keep me accountable
Ruth glad you have B to handle snow removal and all sorts of projects. Hope you enjoyed a day at home.
Pearlrose have a great time at the concert!!!
Isa just think how many steps you will get in at Disney!!! My niece and nephew are season ticket holders.

Joe came down to see me before leaving today for Ohio (hunting trip). Totally derailed my exciting Friday night plans LOL. I over did it at dinner and had a horrendous time trying to sleep. Not weighing myself today as I know there will be an up blip. I am down two pounds this week. I weighed in consistently most of the week so I believe they are real pounds LOL. I am meeting my sister at Cracker Barrel for brunch today and have my “what to eat plan.” Now to stick with it.

The pizza crust is store bought. I believe the brand is called “Smart Flour.” It’s in the gluten free / vegetarian aisle at my local grocery store. It’s funny I literally shop in 4 aisles at the store. The GF/Veg (2) aisles, produce, Goya aisle for beans / tomatoe /soup stuff and the egg aisle. No wonder I shape quickly!!!

I hope none of you are effected by the government shut down. Looks like “the bank of mom” has reopened for business LOL. My son was told they will go without pay for 2 months (they get paid twice a month). He has some some set aside but he said not enough for two months worth of bills. As my Aunt Rita would say “Oy Vey.” Not that I want to carry his bills but in this situation I will, one less thing for him to stress about.

Time to start cleaning and getting ready for brunch. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #30  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I wish I had time to chat but it’s time to get dressed and head to work. Since one girl retirees the end of December I’ve been moved up to the front for both Saturdays and Sundays. I hope that lasts because in another week or so I’m going to tell him that the only days I can work are Saturday and Sunday. I’m going to keep doing that for a while because we want to pay off the laundromat as soon as possible. Maybe even in three years.

Jennifer, I’m certainly sorry as to how this is going to affect your son and yourself. I hope they get things figured out soon.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!