South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:19 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.
Looks like it was quiet in here today; must be the gang is busy!

Today was the regular work, walk and soon I will be cooking dinner. Tonight is chicken stir-fry with riced cauliflower. I have gotten lazy recently and have been buying the frozen packages of both mashed and riced cauliflower. I love the convenience!

Roe, I am glad you are feeling so much better. It sounds like you had a productive day.

You sound like me; some days I make a to do list just for the satisfaction of crossing things off. I will have to try your veggies storage method. How is Kirk feeling?

Have a good evening, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #17  

What just happened to my post???? Gone off into the ethernet I guess.

Anyway, just a regular day for me, such an exciting life I live. I am making chicken stir-fry with riced cauliflower for dinner I love the lazy-man frozen cauliflower options that are available now!

Rose, glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a productive day.

Debbie, some days I make a todo list just to check things off. It is so satisfying. How is Kirk feeling?
to everyone!

Enjoy your evening, chicks.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening everyone.

Debbie I hope Kirk got some good news at the doctor. My friend broke her sacral bone in September. She is still out from work (teacher). It is really a longer process when there is no cast. Hope Kirk feels more like himself soon. Good for you realizing small successes are just as important as the big ones.

Beth and Pearlrose I too am in P1.5 mode. I do feel so much better when I eat properly. My scale has me at a smidge under pre holiday weight. You're motivating me to keep OP.

Isa glad your mom is out of rehab. Your life will be calmer when all your family returns to their homes. Just do the best you can. You’ll regroup soon.

Ruth hope the weather warmed up!!!

I’m just plugging along with my usual routine. Have a great night.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

This morning my sister's husband and MIL went back to Colombia, she is staying with mom for a few more weeks or may be until the end of February to help out with mom's recovery. Mom is doing great, she is stronger and she feels like she will be able to walk without her can pretty soon.

Not much to do today. DH is home this week and we are organizing the garage. Yesterday, we noticed that our washer was leaking a bit so I will have DH take a look before we call Lowe's I am not sure if we still are under guarantee. In the afternoon I need to organized the office I have so many papers to file and set up 2018. I also need to update my planner and set up my 2018 health and fitness planner.

Beth, Phase 1.5 sounds like a great plan! Your dinner for today sounds Yum. It's been a long time since I last had rice cauliflower, I might make some this week.
Rose, I really need to give up grains and sweets, dairy is not a huge problem for me.

Have a great Thursday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

A dreary day here starting out in the high 50's and by tonight will be back at 18, no wonder so many people are sick. I totally got my days confused today is back to back conference day, I will admit to joining two of the them yesterday morning before realizing my mistake - wishful thinking on my part to be a day ahead. Nothing on the agenda tonight. Eating is still op, scaled moved down half a lb today so I am sure it is going to slow down now but as long as it keeps going in the right direction I will take it.

Beth that recipe sounds good but I have to admit I do not like cauliflower at all, it doesn't agree with me tend to burp it after eating ugh

Jekel glad you have settled back into routine

Isa glad your mom continues to get better, hope the washer is a minor fix. I have to avoid sweets as well

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still hanging in but keep losing posts. (I wish I was losing pounds instead!) Guess I should do in Word and paste in.

Cold has finally abated and we are feeling "warm" at above freezing with lots of rain in the forecast until Saturday until we are back into the deep freeze with snow! We are in a typical old-fashioned Canadian winter and I'm not really crabbing - now that I have propane!

Today Michelle comes to clean and, aside from the outside lights, Christmas will be stashed away in labelled boxes until next Advent season. I do hate to get rid of the door wreathes but will soon be able to hang the Valentine weathes, followed by kitty willows and then daffodils and tulips. (I'm a wreath nut but humour me as I'm an old lady!) AND be nice to others

Sorry not to have been in here on a regular basis but my new life keeps interfering - sure is good though!

Enjoy the day and be nice to yourself - even slathering on hand cream counts! AND be nice to others!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #22  

Good evening, chicks.

I am going to be very careful with my post tonight; something seems to be up. Ruth lost hers and my post from last night appeared twice! Gremlins??

Isa, glad you MIL is doing so well. How did the washer issue turn out? I would LOVE to organize our garage; it is a mess.

Ruth, I am glad for this little melt since it will prevent ice dams on the roof. I do feel a little bad for the ski resorts and other places that depend on snow. Glad you are enjoying your new life!

Rose, it is disappointing when you realize your week has another day! I hate those weeks when I am off schedule. Good job on the WL.

Jennifer, plugging away at regular is ok with me. Hope you had a good day.

Debbie, hope Kirk is feeling better.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #23  

Good morning,

Yesterday we went from 60 degrees at 5 p.m. to 30 degrees at 6 p..m and then it dropped to 18 and will stay at the temp for the next couple of days. So glad that today is Friday, work has been interesting to say the least, I had a few recruiters ask if I was interested in a position they had so I did talk to my manager to see if she thinks our position are stable (New CIO) and she thinks we are good so I told them not interested.

Beth and Ruth, I hope you enjoy the bit of thaw period you have.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

Well, we now have an absolutely clear lane and back deck plus a reappearance of Lake Sheridan in the dogyard Nice to see the snow start to shrink but the ice starting later will certainly insulate it. We are to get snow as well so things are not looking great for our Ottawa excursion tomorrow afternoon.

Right now I an getting organized for a noon Seniors' "Dinner" - formerly "lunch" in my lexicon. Bruce HAS to go because he says grace for them and I am expected to go unless I am on my deathbed. A did skip one in early fall and had lots of "sorry you are sick" phone calls. Sheesh!

Need to get cracking and maybe clean out the crispers before we go. I have beef and veggie leftover stew on hand and will try to fake a salad with shredded everything plus dressing! So glad my man will eat anything I serve him and also grateful that he makes his own breakfast!

Stay dry and warm.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

A very frustrating computer morning now it's 11am. Did finally fix it-Internet Explorer was blocking all my PDFs not cool during my form filing season. Tried everything else finally found a fix-I made Adobe be my default for opening pdfs. Whew. Now I need to get moving. I had a long meeting last night with a realtor I am going to list a millsite. Lots to do to finalize details then they will have to build a footbridge to access it. They may have a potential buyer we will see. Must get going just wanted to say hi! Kirk doing better since his ortho appt. He got permission for any activity other than falling again. LOL

Happy Friday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #26  

Hey chicks. Busy day at work with some meetings this afternoon for curriculum and next year's schedule. But I am feeling victorious since I got my walk in AND the scale was down a little bit this morning.

I'm going to celebrate with a glass of wine...but will avoid any sweets so I can keep the momentum going!

Have a good night!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #27  

Good morning!

I went with Debbie's "get something done" mentality this morning: bed is made, yesterday's laundry put away, new load in the washer. Now if I spend the whole day reading or surfing at least I got something done, right?

Actually, we are in the midst of a snowstorm so it will be some cleaning, a workout of some sort and some relaxing, I'm sure. No point in shoveling until the snow stops. I am sure the roads are a mess so I don't plan on going anywhere.

Enjoy your Saturday chicks!
Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

The roads sure are a mess in this village although the main highway to Ottawa is open but tricky. Our excursion is still on so we are busy shovelling a path to our road to meet Bruce's SIL who will pick us up and drive us to the bus gathering place. Sure is nice to have to have caring relatives nearby. Neighbour Liz is going to do potty breaks and feed the dogs late in the day - also nice to have caring neighbours.

Beth, I'd love to just snuggle in today and wait out the storm but we are committed so we'll just suck it up and push through the day. My man is now eating the sturdy breakfast I cooked while he shovelled. Maybe tomorrow can be a "me" day!

Stay safe and cozy, EveryChick!
Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #29  

Good morning,

Just finished yoga and breakfast and have a coppa of tea while checking email. Last night DH and I had a date night (because DD2 did not want to go lol), we went out to eat where I was very good and ordered steak and broccoli and side salad for dinner and then we went and saw "The Greatest Show" I really liked it, if you like musicals you will like, we went to the updated movie theater where you sit in recliners so it was very nice. Today DH is going to Winter warm up (its 1 degree outside brrr). DD2 spent the night at her friends house so I will have to venture outside to pick her up.

Ruth that is nice that someone is picking you up, safe travels today and hope you get to stay inside tomorrow

Beth your plan sounds good to me

Debbie glad you got your computer problems fixed and hope you have a quick sell

to everyone else

Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Another whirlwind of a week in the books. Managed to stay OP until last night. I have been wanting to try Pad Thai (just veggies). It was very good I just ate way too much. But alas today is a new day and started if off with a good work out at the gym.

Since everyone is being productive I guess I should try and be LOL. Glad everyone is doing well.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote