South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 12/24-12/30

I’m sure we won’t be too good this week........Ok I am speaking for myself LOL
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #2  

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. Looks like we may have a white Christmas after all. Ha guess that means I will get a workout in tomorrow after work. DS is finally home. His flight kept getting delayed. He landed 5 hours late and we didn’t get home until almost 11:30. Our Christmas Eve tradition of pizza and a Christmas Story became DS eating cold pizza on the ride home LOL. Even cold he enjoyed it. Sorry chicks there is nothing like NY pizza.

I am going to wake him soon as this is our Christmas morning. I need to drop gifts off at my sister’s on my way to work later....a little out of the way but the job should be a little flexible today. DS will go to his dad’s later and stay over for a few days. Not sure when he will be back with me. I am working all week

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. May your holidays, no matter what you celebrate, be joyous. I’m sure come Jan 1 we willl be in full SB P1 swing....I know I will.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

Jennifer, I was already strategizing food this morning....I am going to try to limit my portions, eat as many veggies as possible and pick my desserts thoughtfully. Or at least that is my plan. Can't say I will be successful! lol

The movie was okay. DS1 made it home safely so all 3 of us went. The boys were hardcore Star Wars fans as little kids so it was fun to go together.

Today I will make pea soup and pork pies for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Neither are really SB but I do what I can to try to lighten them up like mixing ground turkey in with the pork and only putting a top crust on the one DH and I eat. Other than that I should check and see if everything is wrapped and out of their hiding places!

We ended up with 7-8 inches of fresh snow yesterday. I did a little shoveling but our neighbor plows for us. I bought some snow shoes last year and I may make learning to use those a goal this week.

Jennifer, glad DS made it back and you get to spend a little time with him. Have a safe day at work.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was fun spending time with DS and his GF, we went out to lunch, came home and let them open their gifts and then we played some games and we were going to go to the movies but the only ones they wanted to see we couldn't get seat togethers at the time we wanted so we ended up going bowling instead. Today, DH went to Nashville for a football game and he will be home later this afternoon, so right now it's just DD1 and me and she is still sleeping. DD2 will come over later. Eating has not been good.

Jekel glad DS made it home safely and you are getting to spend some time with him

Beth glad both of your DS are home safely.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #5  

Just wanted to stop in and say Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all are having a wonderful time with your love ones! I really sorry I haven't post in a few days, but as I mentioned before DH, and mom were sick. DH still has a cough but feeling much better. Mom we have to take here to ER on Thursday afternoon and been there since then. She started with the flu and on Thursday she had two small strokes. thankfully the strokes were very small and the damage is very minimal and with therapy she should get better. She is still in hospital probably a few more days for other testing because she had two heart attacks three years ago.

As far as eating on plan not very good. I haven't eat much this past days but since I spending most of my days and night at the hospital I am eating what ever I can get or my stomach can handle. Today, I am at home resting and spending some time with my kids and DH. and then at 3pm will be going to the hospital to stay with her untill tomorrow afternoon.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Merry Christmas!

Isa, I wish recovery for your mom!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-25-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #8  

Merry Christmas to the chicks!

Isa, prayers for your Mom.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #9  

Isa thinking of you. Prayers to your mom.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #10  

Good morning,

It's back to work for me but I am wfh most of the week except for one day. Friday we are leaving for Atlanta, excited about that. My eating has been horrible so going to try for 3 days of op eating before leaving on Friday, mostly because I feel crappy. We had a nice quiet Christmas, just DD's and DH.

Isa prayers for your mom.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #11  

Pearlrose I am with you. I put the brakes on this morning. I am up which was to be expected but right at goal. I told myself no excuses for the remainder of the week. I decided to take Friday off so DS and I can do something before he leaves super early Monday morning. We might go to West Point although we are bitterly cold here. I am going in early tomorrow (4 am start). There is a promotion ceremony tomorrow. I am debating driving instead of taking the train just because of the temps. I already have my lunch place planned for tomorrow lol. Helps there is a great salad / smoothie place around the corner. I will bundle up after I get home from work and go to the gym unless DS is home then it will be the bike.

I blame cookies for falling asleep on the couch before 7 last night. LOL crawled into bed before 8 and slept until the alarm. I will need to go to bed super early tonight just without the cookies.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just lost my post and too tired to recreate. Glad everyone survived the holidays. Isa, Bruce and I are both praying for a fast and complete recovery for your mother.
Have to head to bed - exhausted from all the excitement.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #13  

Good morning, chicks! We are officially entering the ice box with a morning wake-up temperature of -16*. The next 10 days is loaded with sub-zero weather, including a few days where the high will not be above zero. At least this type of weather usually comes with sunshine. I had an idea about learning to use my new snow shoes during this break but temps like that make it dangerous to be outside for very long. Guess it will be mostly inside exercise.

Food is not good; with DS2 here I will probably make special stuff for most of the week. I WILL try to limit my portions and get it together on Jan 1.

Jennifer, I'm glad you will get a special day with DS.

Pearlrose, where are you going this weekend?

Isa, how is your Mom doing?

Debbie, hope things are going well.

Ruth, glad you survived your holidays. lol Do you have lots of parties this weekend?

Have a good day, all.

Last edited by Beth19; 12-27-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Sure am having PC problems. I guess I'll hit post my replies a lot to avoid losing my posts. Like Beth, we too are in a deep freeze - "polar vortex" anyone? (That actually sounds like a new drink!)

It was fairly quiet here yesterday - just a few folks coming around to get the mitts, hats and gloves that got left behind! (Of course they had to stay for a coffee or a glass of wine with the dogs, The Rev and the Missus!) Today we have absolutely nothing planned except to get dressed very warmly to go next door to feed my neighbour's two cats. We are STAYING HOME for the Eve but will have to go to the Mayors NY Day levee. Along with the cold, we are getting more snow but Bruce likes snow shoveling (Who knew?) and Richard and his big plough are keeping the lane clear. Have not been getting on the scale lately but wait until January 1 when reality strikes.

Wishing us all a good wee break as we head into 2018. Be well!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Brrrr it's cold we are at 3 degrees right now, poor doggie doesn't want to go out but mean mom makes her go to the bathroom outside. Today is another wfh day for me, I do have several conference calls. DD2 car may be ready today, the body shop said they would call me today either way to let me know. I managed to stay op yesterday and feel so much better, I always forgot how I start to feel when I eat crappy.

Beth I am going to Atlanta to my sisters on Friday, my other sister and niece are meeting us there as well and on Saturday we are going to watch our great nephew play basketball- he plays for Yale and is starting as a freshman. We will stay until the 2nd of January since my DH got a Peach Bowl ticket for Jan 1st. DD2 and one of her friends is coming with us.

Ruth glad you and Bruce are surviving the Holidays

Isa any update on your mom?

Jekel hope you arrived at work safely and stay warm today

Debbie hope everything is going well

Schmoodle hope you are enjoying your family