South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat 12/10-12/16

Here’s to a stress free OP week!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #2  

Good morning been very busy the past few days. The running around has caught up with big time as I managed to get some weird cold. I say weird because my normal cold pattern starts with a tickle in my throat then stuffy sinuses etc. This one came right from my chest with a nasty cough and now no voice. Today I was supposed to go to the city to see the tree. Now I am staying home and giving myself some much needed rest well after I shovel the snow. I have to go in to work at 3 am tomorrow. So much for taking it easy lol

Debbie what breed is your friend’s new pup?

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

I was a whirlwind of laundry, cleaning and decorating yesterday; DH and I even took a late afternoon walk. It is chilly but we only have a dusting of snow right now, which is okay with me. I'm not quite ready to shovel lol. The tree is up but not decorated so I will have DH help me with that later. I've got a menu in my mind for the week's dinners but need to inventory the veggies and make a trip to the grocery store. Other than that I have some paperwork to do.

A few dessert temptations have made their way into the house; I need to get them into the freezer so I don't eat them all before my kids come home!

Jennifer, hope you feel better. As I have gotten older my colds often skip the sinus stage and go right to my throat and chest. Yuck.

Schmoodle, I feel the same way as you do about starting with a clean house. I can't cook dinner until the kitchen is tidy and the sink empty of dirty dishes.

Have a good day everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I got part of my cleaning done yesterday and did get my hair colored. Went shopping with DD1 we went to a craft fair and then a few shops, I did not buy anything as I am done with shopping but it was fun to go with DD1. I then helped her fill out her FSA she is going to start back at school in January doing her RN to BSN program. Not sure what is the on the agenda today, I do need to do some laundry. No snow here for us it is going back up into mid 40s today with sun so it will be nice.

Jekel I feel like I have a cold in my eyes right now hopefully it doesn't turn full blown.

Beth I am avoided all the Christmas goodies that were being sold at the craft fair yesterday trying not to bring stuff home.

Schmoodle nice that you don't have to budget the tree in but it would have been nice if they at least let you know. I have a neighbor who is OCD and she took a bush out without asking and wanted to plant a tree in our yard for their privacy and I said no. Problem for them is they only own 12 inches of land on the side that is by our house.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am already at work. Slept in a bit. Days have been busy. We had to go up Friday and drag a chain over a small rockslide and secure an entrance to one of the mines. They just come break them again but I had to send a pic to Mine Safety. They inspected while I was in Alaska.

Keeping busy with Sister, too. Got the tree up yesterday but no decorations yet. Eating is hanging in there. Beth, I, too, like the freezer technique.

Weather is nice here all week. Kirk is going to water the roses today.

Ok getting busy I've got a run! Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I came into the office to get my duster and here I am half an hour later at the computer! Still cleaning, but made lots of progress yesterday, today shouldn't be too much left and then I'll start pulling out Christmas. I hope to sort through it and donate a lot. There are boxes and boxes.

Experimenting this morning with a brownie recipe I found that uses beets and oat flour. I'm a big fan of the bean brownies, but had some beets to use up so I thought I'd try it.
Still doing okay with on-plan food but I've been hungry. I came close to 2000 calories on Friday, and I try to stick around 1500 right now. Once the weight loss slows, that gives me some space to cut back. Not sure how I managed to eat so much. Oh well.

Jennifer, I hope you feel better soon.
Beth, thanks for the reminder, I need to get a few groceries too.
Rose, I think the neighbors think the property line is in a different place than I do. I'm going by the stakes that the surveyor put in when we bought. They have lived here forever (the town is named after their family)...
Debbie, have a great day at work. What kind of mine?

And hello chicks to come.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good evening,

My sister flew in on Friday, the kids are super happy because it's been a year since they see her. Loving the weather today, breeze and a little cold. We went to church in the morning an then I went to the mall with my sister we walk and walk and only bought a few items. I am so behind in my Christmas shopping. Tomorrow I am planning on going to the outlets in the morning as soon as the kids go to school. My plan is to finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow, will see.

Right now I am just watching the game with DH and relaxing. I might end up going to be early, I need to rest since tomorrow is going to be another busy day.

Schmoodle- How the brownies turn out? I love beets can you share the recipe?
Pearlrose- that's great that your daughter is going back to school.
Beth-that's good that DH helps you with the tree decorations, mine just helps getting everything out and then sits and keeps us company LOL
Jennifer- I hope you feel better soon.

Good night chicks and hope you all have a wonderful week!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Yesterday we ended up going to St. Charles which is about an hour away to see their old historic down time they do an Olde Christmas theme with Santas from around the world and fairys etc and they have lots of quaint shops and ate lunch which was off plan. We then just came home, today I am doing laundry and wfh. Just found out one of my old employees mom passed away so I will go to the viewing this evening, it is just in the town over. I also need to fix my toilet today it is not filling up, hopefully the youtube video I saw with the fix does the trick.

Jekel woke up to the news about bombing hope there was not a lot of people hurt

Debbie hope they don't break the chain

Schmoodle how did the brownie recipe turn out- I do not like beets at all lol

Isa sounds like you had fun with your sister.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We have quite a snowstorm going on this morning; school is currently on a 2-hour delay but I won't be surprised if we end up closing. I always appreciate a snow day in December since there is so much Christmas stuff to do.

I have had 2 days of OP eating and the scale ticked down from the spike after my weekend splurges. I put the rest of the temptations into the freezer and WILL NOT succumb to them this week. One day at a time, right?

Pearlrose, hope you got the toilet fixed.

Isa, sounds like you are enjoying your sister's visit. Hope you get your shopping done.

Jennifer, are you feeling better?

Debbie, did you get the mine issue addressed?

Schmoodle, I tried to toss/donate a few decorations but didn't mange to part with many.

Off to fill my coffee cup. Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

I had so much planned to do yesterday, but I spend my morning and most of my afternoon with my sister trying to bring her car home. She used to live here and when she move to Colombia she left her car at her friends house. Her friend was supposed to disconnect the car battery since the car was going to be park for a year, but she didn't do it. the battery was dead. We had to wait for road assistance for almost 2hrs then we stop for gas and the car didn't turn back on again. Finally a good Samaritan help us jump the car and we just took it to auto part for a new battery. Her battery was on guarantee so instead of giving her a new one they tried to charge it but after waiting almost an hour and battery no charging they just gave her a new one. By the time we finally got home it was too late to go to the outlets so no shopping for me.

The plan was to finish Christmas shopping yesterday, so I just ended up placing some orders online and hopping those arrive on time and on Friday I will be going shopping to finish the rest.

Today I have a chiropractic appointment at 12pm maybe do some laundry and that is pretty much it. DS1 has Algebra club so he will be coming home later and DS2 and I need to work on the shopping list for our Christmas cookies. This is kind of a traditions for the both of us. We always make the same cookies; gingerbread and chocolate chips, and chocolate with white chips for Santa but he enjoys siting down with me and planning what we need to buy to make them and what shapes we are making for the gingerbread

Pearlrose- Where you able to fix the toilet? We are also having trouble with ours (we are losing pressure when flushing)
Jennifer- Are you feeling better?

Have a great day ladies!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #11  

Good morning,

It's a windy blustery day today for us. I do have to go in later for a meeting with my Vice President to go over a report and then afterwards I got in to the Dermatologist this afternoon they had a cancellation it was today or February, and it is in St. Louis too. Fixed the toilet successfully thank you you tube, it was the seal on the fill valve that needed to be replaced.

Isa sounds like you had a frustrating day yesterday with your Sis, glad you finally got the battery situation fixed

Beth my scale still has not ticked down from the weekend but tom arrives next week and I think that is part of the problem

Old 12-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, winter has definitely arrived with mega-snow and very cold temps. My poor furries got their "furcuts" yesterday and are staying in their bed beside the stove which is warming the back room quite nicely. (It's propane but looks like a woodstove. Bruce discovered it can keep the coffee hot and has been in a couple of times for refills. Gotta love a guy who goes out to shovel before he has breakfast!)

Did not face the scale this a.m. after a big quilting biddies Christmas lunch yesterday and company for supper last night. Today at noon is the Seniors' turkey dinner, the first of four! (I am carving so will be sure to keep my serving small! I already have dibs on all the carcass so January's menus will be heavy on turkey soup!)

Still no tree decorated or outside lights but all the boxes found and are ready to be unpacked. (Maybe this afternoon if we don't get into post-turkey naps.) I have a wee bit of wrapping and packing to do before mailing my daughter's gifts.

I hope everyone is managing to keep stress levels manageable and is focusing on what's important. Maybe it's time to watch The Grinch?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

I'm already at work we just got a slow moment. Busy day yesterday then headed down to get dog dental done. Home and I didn't feel like doing anything.

I need to make a list for my days off. Lots happening.

Isa, sorry no shopping but at least car fixed.

Beth, ouch for snow !

Roth, always wish I could get you my carcass.

Rose, meeting with vp alwayscsoumd fun lol

Ok customer! Have a great day!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #14  

evening chicks..been a busy week so far at work...thank you for the concern and well wishes, still feeling poorly. Eating has not been OP either, but not beating myself up over it.

Debbie did the mining issues get resolved?
Ruth your pups need down jackets lol.
Isa glad your sister is home sorry about her car
Beth did you get a snow day?
Pearlrose how was the meeting with the VP?

Time for TV and tea!
Old 12-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work for a full day of meetings and then my manager and one of my coworkers and I are going to go for something to eat and have a girls only Christmas celebration. The weather here has been a roller coaster of ups and downs, starting out in the teens and then heading in the 50s today and tomorrows highs are 30s, crazy. I did get most of the presents wrapped and put under the tree.

Ruth my eating has not been holding the line the last few days I am going to blame tom lol

Debbie hope work got busier for you yesterday

Jekel meeting was uneventful which is good, he is retired military and straight shooter so I appreciate that. Hope you feel better soon.