South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cold and very, very white out there today. The moon was still out when we got up at 5 - sure was pretty out there!

Scale day today and am UP 2 whole pounds. I am tempted to just hide the mental monster until January! We are eating at home in the evenings until Saturday's next turkey dinner but life is very volatile these days and that may change. Right now I have a veggie and beef stew burbling in the crockpot and plan to stretch it for three meals. Bruce is off doing the bread and donut deliveries throughout the Eastern Ontario triangle with his old pal Carl and will be munching all day and eating lunch out. (He did brush off my car and do more shoveling before he left at 6 a.m. )

Aside from the stew, I am doing no "big deal" cooking today but will focus on getting the last parcel into the mail and figuring out why my tree lights are not all lighting up. My daughter's parcel MUST go off to Vancouver Island today and I just realized I've not even thought of gifts for my son, DIL and g-Daughter who will get them Christmas at Wendy's mother's Christmas lunch. Our turkey dinner will be here in town at my new sil's place. Bruce has four kids, seven grandkids and four great grandkids so far. It'll be crowded, noisy and fun!

Oh dear, new neighbour just arrived - her furnace is not working and she's here to warm up while she waits for the repair techie! Will catch up later - I hope!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good evening chicks,

Last night I had an arthritis flare up, so I ended up going bed early. I wake up early this morning and went to the outlets, I am not done with my Christmas shopping be I am about 60% done. Knees still bothering me but not as bad as yesterday. I think it has to do with either the weather or because I am eating more carbs and sweets as normal. I need to get back on eating OP. Last time I weight in was Friday and I was up 1lb and don't really want to gain more.

Rose- I hope you had a good time your manager and coworkers.
Ruth- hiding the scale is a great idea. This time of the year is hard to stay OP with all the festivities and the stress of holiday shopping. Snow is one of the things I really miss here in Florida, I hope you stay warm.

I think I am going to get a cup o tea and call it for the night.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is wfh have several conferences calls and have to take in my car to get a part that was recalled. Tonight DH and I are going to see the new Star Wars movie. Eating yesterday was not op and the scale is up so today I am going to try and be op.

Ruth I need my scale to stay accountability otherwise for me I would be up 10 lbs by January

Isa hope your knees are feeling better

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks. Today was another busy day with a meeting after school and then I had my mammo appointment. I did not mange to fit in my workout but at least I am still averaging 5 days a week, I just like to go for 6. Eating has been ok, the scale is bouncing around in my usual range. If I make it through the next few weeks without a big gain it will be a success.

Pearlrose, are you going to a midnight showing? When the kids were little we were huge Star Wars fans but I don't care about this one much.

Ruth, we had -9* F this morning; pretty chilly! Hope you got your packages mailed.

Isa, hope you are feeling better.

Have a good evenig, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #20  

Good morning,

Didn't want to wake up this morning and almost blew off my workout but made myself get up, I can sleep in tomorrow. Managed a day of op eating yesterday so that was a victory, going to try for day 2. The movie was good, I will admit to not being a huge fan of the series, half of the movies I have not seen in a theater. Not sure what we are doing today after work.

Beth they had a 7 p.m. showing, I couldn't hang with a midnight showing I would fall asleep lol. I am with you in it will be a huge success if I don't gain weight in the next few weeks.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, yikes this week is kicking my butt. I'm exhausted, last night it took 4 hours to drive the 90 minutes home. At least today I can WFH but so much work to catch up on! Just wanted to let you know I'm still here, doing the best I can food-wise, but kind of glad my scale is broken right now.
Some of you were asking about the beet brownie experiment. Here's the url for the recipe I used:
http://www.spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2...ith-oat-flour/
My review is mixed. They were fudgy and had a good texture. But I used some frozen roasted beets I had (which may have had a vinegar dressing on them at some point, so rinsed). I didn't use applesauce, because I had enough beet puree. But I pureed them in the blender, and there were still a few beet chunks, which was a little disturbing, and they did have some beet flavor to them. But I think the recipe is probably good if you actually follow it. And they do have a different texture than the bean brownies and are a good alternative. I do like the bean brownies for the protein punch, which you don't have with these.
Okay, back to work, and hope to have some more time to catch up over the weekend. Tomorrow my work team is participating in the Wreaths Across America wreath laying at Arlington National Cemetery, then after that the weekend is my own!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:55 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am saying hello before I get out of bed. It's the only way I'm going to get here. LOL. Things have been so busy. It's not any one thing it's just the combination; Real job, the new business and helping my sister with her new challenges. Yes, to those who asked Last weeks mining issue was resolved. I have a business appointment with a super great lady who is helping me sort out the morning properties. We talked for over two hours it was decided that I really needed to go through aid paperwork process and see if I could get a mining claim back that my mother had let go by accident in 2013. It adjoins a potemtially valuable property. I started the process in the office at my sisters house at 6 AM yesterday and was in the BLM office in Denver at 3:30. Now we just wait and see.

This morning I am heading to Denver with my sis. She is dropping off two chairs for reupholstering. We had dinner at our house last night but she and I were staining the wood on the chairs at 7 PM.

It's almost 6 here. I'm going to keep decluttering and till sister calls me then I'm going over to work in the office again until we leave. I'm finally getting the mining office to the point where I might actually be able to find things. Yesterday I was able to call two more large bags for recycling. I have to be so careful because keeping ration for these claims is so critical.

Scale this up for me this month. I'm still being very careful and I weigh in every day. Looking forward to a less complicated life however we are talking about tearing out our upstairs bathroom in January. It is in such need. Will be so nice when it's finished.

Take care everyone! It's a busy time of year.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning chicks....I haven’t been around much this week as it was a doozy. I will try to be better after Christmas. My DS got approved for leave at the last minute. It is easy to fly to NY however needed to coordinate the flight that his wife (yup WIFE) booked into NJ. They are coming here Monday and leaving Thursday to go to Indiana. My son will fly back on Saturday and stay until New Year’s. To say ot os going to be a crazy week of juggling schedules is an understatement. I have to work on Christmas and because he wasn’t coming home I picked up the 3-11 shift on Christmas Eve. His MIL works for an airline so there is no cost for him to fly back and forth to Indiana. Just wish I was consulted because Newark is a pain in the butt for me. Her airline flies into my local airport. DS doesn’t seem to think any of this is a big deal. What’s done is done and now I will learn to accept it. Sorry to to be complaining but to me this is a big deal. I did allow myself a pity party yesterday and ate crap (sorry it was yummy crap too).

Today is back to being OP. Tomorrow I willl go back to working out as I need the clarity. I was sick all week and still not 100%. Have to shovel and get ready to leave soon. I am volunteering with Wreaths Accross America today. I know that will put things into perspective. However it is going to be an emotional week.

Hope everyone is well.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:35 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! We are in full pre-Christmas mode and Bruce just realized it! We did get the Bling tree decorated and lit by six last night and it was wonderful to see. We sat and enjoyed it with a Scotch before dinner and early bed.

Yesterday was crazy busy with prep for tonight's last showing of the lights in the park. The Church dinner is turkey and "churchmade" pies - four sittings at 4, 5, 6 and 7 with nearly 400 bookings. My wrists are sore this a.m. from rolling pastry and peeling potatoes most of yesterday. As "Mrs Rev Doctor" I am excused from working tonight except for "meet and greet". (Found out yesterday that B's first wife NEVER volunteered for anything but I always have so ...)

We plan to get the lights up outside today - we must be the only unlit house in the Village. We have nothing on the schedule for tomorrow so, aside from Church and going out for breakfast, it should be a "day of rest". House decorating is OK, according to the resident expert but I'm hoping for an afternoon nap.

Enjoy the weekend, Beachers!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #25  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks!

Sounds like everyone is busy right now; 'tis the season. Funny how the work world and "reality" don't take a break just because it is a holiday. lol

Food has been so-so this week; I'm staying in my 3-pound range of daily fluctuations so I am ok with that. I am trying to not go overboard when faced with temptations; if you leave the wrapper on the table it is a good reality check for how many of those little chocolates you ate!

Last night I spent some time wrapping things and have a box ready to mail to my parents; at this point we are not planning to go see them since we were there for Thanksgiving. It is, however, amazing how little paper you need if everyone is getting gift cards! DH and I were reminiscing about when the kids were little and there were tons of books and toys to wrap.

Jennifer, hope you feel better soon. This will be a crazy week for you but I suspect you will handle it well. Sorry you have to shovel! We had the driveway plowed earlier this week and have not had much accumulation since then.

Ruth, dinner for 400 is a lot! I hope you are able to relax for real tomorrow. Glad the bling tree is up.

Debbie, sounds like a busy day (week!) for you. I am glad you are making progress in the office and with the claims.

Schmoodle, I am not a beet fan so beet chunks in my brownies would not appeal to me. I might have to make some bean brownies soon.

Today I need to get a few groceries for the work week; I do have to eat between now and Christmas. Then I should clean and prep DS2's room; he is planning to come home tomorrow,.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #26  

Good morning (Barely),

I slept in and haven't been very productive today. DH and I went and picked up DD2 from her sleepover and now I need to get in gear and clean this house. It is a pretty sunny day today. The scale is back down after 2 days of op eating so just hoping to keep it down. Found out last night that DS GF has to work on Christmas day so as not to leave her out we are going to celebrate on the 23rd and then I told DS he can come back on Christmas day for lunch.

Jekel oh my that must have been a surprise for you hearing that DS got married. Sounds like you are going to have a super busy week of juggling everything.

Beth I am trying to stay away from chocolate and all of the goodies. I need to go to the grocery store today as well.

Ruth sounds like you and Bruce have a plan for getting all the decorating done

Schmoodle sounds like you had a very busy week as well

Debbie sounds like those mines are a lot of work to keep up the paperwork with.