3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekly Beach Chat 11/26-12/2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/314616-weekly-beach-chat-11-26-12-2-a.html)

jekel383 11-26-2017 05:29 AM

Weekly Beach Chat 11/26-12/2

Hard to believe November is ending!!!!

jekel383 11-26-2017 05:36 AM

Good morning been up since 4. Didn’t sleep much with Joe and his DS here. I guess I’ve grown accustomed to sleeping alone. LOL I think I prefer it. A nap will definitely be in order today. The gym doesn’t open until 7. Today’s plans include writing 2 evaluations for colleagues (easier to work on these at home uninterrupted. Maybe I’ll write a few Christmas cards too. Otherwise nothing on the agenda except keeping back on track today. The house has been purged of all temptations. (OK so they’re in my tummy). Tomorrow I am off as I have a consult with the periodontist. I need a gum graft for two teeth (opposite sides uppers). I am hoping they can schedule the procedure in December. I would prefer doing both at the same time if possible. Maybe this will help stay away from holiday goodies....drastic LOL I know.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Pearlrose 11-26-2017 08:22 AM

Good morning,

I actually managed to sleep in til 6:30 a.m., considering I went to bed early that is great. I stayed in my pjs all day yesterday :) I did get the Christmas decorations up and the tree decorated, kept the house stuff minimal and got rid of some old decorations that needed to be thrown out. I also did a few loads of laundry. I managed to stay op all day and finished up leftovers for DH and DD2 so those are gone, all that is left is some goodies that I can resist so should be good to go until Christmas with a few luncheons thrown in there. Today we are going to Six Flags for Holiday in the park, perfect day for it as the high is going to 58 degrees.

Jekel glad you didn't have to go to the airport, enjoy your day

Have a great day everyone!

Schmoodle 11-26-2017 08:54 AM

Good morning, chickens. Sunday is weigh in day for me and I'd hoped to lose a pound this week. I'm down 1.2 lbs, so mission accomplished. I'm pleased, for a week that I added back oatmeal and fruit and a couple of holiday cheats, I'll take it.
I'm trying to decide if I want to take DD back to school today or tomorrow. It's 3-4 hours each way, so if I decide on tomorrow, I will have to do some work today to make up the time. We are thinking about seeing the new Frances McDormand movie this afternoon.
Then I fly out early Tuesday and back home Saturday. I'll behave as well as I can and will do lots of walking, so maybe I can squeeze off another pound or so by next Sunday.
I really want to keep Christmas low key this year, food, decorations, gifts, events. I'm not in much of a holiday mood, just ready to say goodbye to 2017, which kind of stunk. But the kids will be disappointed if I scale back too much, sigh.

Jennifer, I agree, the year will be over before we know it. I don't know what a gum graft is but it really sounds not fun. Definitely a drastic approach to dieting.
Rose, pj days are the best. Have fun at 6 Flags! Our weather has also been really nice here.

Beth19 11-26-2017 09:37 AM

Good morning, chicks!
DH slept in today so I stayed in bed and read. I have a hard time sleeping late so reading in bed feels fairly indulgent.

I was trying to assess what gone done yesterday: some online shopping for extended family, laundry, some groceries and a workout. Today my goal is to get those boxes out of the attic even if I don't decorate until next weekend; one step at a time ya' know. Yesterday I picked up some new ribbon and such to re-do my wreath which is showing its age. Sometimes I wonder if fake or fresh is better since they each have their own pros and cons. And then I need to make my meal plan for the week.

Schmoodle, down a pound for this week is awesome! Most of the treats in my house are gone so I am hoping to be able to stay on track this week. Safe travels taking DD back to school.

Jennifer, glad you got to skip the airport trip. Every year I tell myself I am going to start writing my cards early, although it rarely happens. Maybe this will be the year. lol Enjoy your day.

Pearlrose, I also try to toss a few decorations each year. Decorating in your pjs sounds fun. Enjoy your day today, sounds like perfect weather.

Ok, I need to inventory my veggies and see if I need to pick up more. Have a great day!

Ruthxxx 11-26-2017 10:18 AM

Fly-by post again. (I am usually at Church right now but my car has a dead battery again! Someone - not saying whom but - is a radio nut and assumes everything shuts off when he takes out the key. He walked to Church this morning for a special pre-service rehearsal so ... Too late for me to walk there so I have a wee bit of Free time. He called me on his cell from his office a few minutes ago wondering where I was. )

Still having a hard time balancing weight and social life. I skipped the 2nd Church supper last night and let the Rev handle it on his own. (I do not like to sing on a full tummy since it affects my high notes.) Still have ended the week up a pound. I'm hoping this week is better although we have a big Celebration of Life for my friend Barb this afternoon, the class reunion Monday noon and folk coming for dinner Friday night. That is "IT" for this week and I'm planning to keep the rest of the week clear. (Wish me luck!)

Time to make the guacamole dip for the Taco Bake to be served this afternoon at I tripled the recipe. Just figured I'd. pop in since I see to be MIA a lot. (By the way, met me at The Bridge if you need your turkey carcass changed into soup. Methinks that should be on my menu for the next month and I'll gladly share!)

jekel383 11-26-2017 11:18 AM

Schmoodle great job losing especially this week!!!! I can relate to scaling back this year. My first year post divorce I tried to avoid some of the holiday fanfare as everything seemed different. Now we have new traditions which will change this year too. I bought a much more manageable 4.5’ tree this year. Got creative and am using a snack table with DS’s old knock hockey table upside down to hold the tree. LOL an old Christmas table cloth is getting a new purpose. I highly doubt he will get leave, but if you are driving by my house it still looks like a full size tree.

Pearlrose I de decorate in my PJ’s on New Years Eve lol so I can relate. Have fun at Six Flags.

Beth reading in bed sounds like a great way to start the day!

Ruth I’m coming to Bruce’s defense lol as I’ve done the same thing on more than one occasion.

I’m going to commit to logging my food this week to get myself back on track. We are going to see Garth Brooks Saturday night with friends. We are going to a Spanish steakhouse before. I’ve looked at their menu, which is limited, but people commented that one meal serves 4!!!!! They are a little pricey, but 3 leftover meals works for me. Joe poked fun at me looking at the menu a week before we go. I am leaning toward a vegetable paella. I weighed my self this morning before and after the gym. I knew I am up as I feel it. Hopefully by Friday I have losing the Thanksgiving gain. LOL just in time to lose the normal weekend gain.

jekel383 11-27-2017 06:47 AM

Thank goodness all my trigger foods have been purged from the house!!!!! DS called last night and dropped a bombshell on me!!!! Apparently he and his GF of 1 month are planning on getting married TODAY!!!! We talked for almost an hour (yes I kept my composure). I hope and pray I got through to him, but who knows. He was supposed to text me after their formation, which he didn’t. So today I wait. Oh to be young and in love......so naive lol....the periodontist doesn’t seem so bad this morning LOL.

On a SB note big swoosh since yesterday. Still over goal, but much more manageable number than what magically appeared after Thanksgiving.

Merry Monday....don’t worry I go back to work tomorrow LOL I wont be posting as much as this past weekend

Pearlrose 11-27-2017 08:31 AM

Good morning,

We have crazy weather we are getting up in the mid 60s today. Yesterday was very nice at 6 Flags just DH and I went but got some walking in and watched some shows. Today is wfh, DS told me on Thanksgiving they changed his hours to 8 to5 so we can no longer car pool as I have a call that starts right at 8 a.m. and when I go in I need to be there prior and I am normally done at 4, I can handle half hour of waiting but not an hour, boo. Guess I will need to make sure we invite them over to eat more often.

Jekel oh my that is quite the bomb DS dropped on you. I hope they are not rushing due to him having orders to go somewhere else, this would be a good test of long distance since he will get deployed in his career.

Ruth glad you got some extra time yesterday even if it was due to dead battery

Schmoodle did you end up spending the day with DD

Beth hey getting the boxes is good. I walked past all the cards and did not buy any, I can tell I am going to procrastinate on them.

Debbie sounds like you are enjoying your trip.

:wave: to Isa

Have a great day everyone

jekel383 11-27-2017 03:41 PM

Thank goodness they decided to wait!!!! DS texted me at lunch to let me know. I can breathe a little sigh of relief. They are making plans for Christmas break to include meeting each other’s parents. He said he realized waiting is the right thing to do. FINALLY the kid is thinking like an adult. He did say he plans on proposing after he meets her parents. PHEW!!!!

Pearlrose sorry you and DS can no longer car pool. Glad you enjoyed Six Flags.

Beth19 11-27-2017 05:55 PM

Happy Monday evening chicks!

Very chilly and wintry today but tomorrow it will be close to 50* so our ice and snow will melt. I am hoping for some good weather this weekend so DH and I can put up the outdoor lights. Back to work today; I think I said it will be a busy week with my robotics team but that's ok. It's nice to have kids excited about something positive.

Jennifer, I am waiting for the swoosh but have started to see my weight go down. What a shocker about DS! Glad they decided to wait.

Pearlrose, it's too bad you can't carpool anymore. I would love the connection time if I could ride with either of my kids.

Need to check on dinner. Have a good evening!

Pearlrose 11-28-2017 07:11 AM

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work today, am giving training and then have a meeting with my manager. Tonight I have to go with DH to some event he signed up. Nothing else on the agenda, continue to eat op and the scale is moving on down almost down to where I started in November, don't think I will lose any this month but at least I managed to get weight back down to where I started.

Jekel glad they are waiting, I know that is a relief for you

Beth yes I will miss the bonding time spent with my son.

Have a great day everyone

Muffin 11-28-2017 08:16 AM

Good morning chicks!

I had a great but busy weekend. I managed to put out the outside Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree is half way done. Yesterday, I had so much planned to do around the house but instead took mom Christmas shopping and did nothing in the house :(

My to do list for today is super long and hoping to get everything done. After dropping the boys in school I will be working on house chores and then hopefully finish decorating the Christmas tree. As far as food I ate chick fill a nuggets and fries yesterday :( the rest of the week I need to make sure I stay on plan. Saturday we are gathering in my house to "open the door to Christmas" something we do every year. We just listen to music, cooked Colombian Christmas finger food/treats and eat.

Now, I need to finish my cup of coffee and get the day started.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Lexxiss 11-28-2017 08:37 AM

Good morning! Finally got here a bit early!

OMG Jennifer! What a shocker! Yes, I hope you got a message through. You did your best. Hugs!

Rose, too bad carpool won't work anymore. I always get a cjickle. Your DH is so social!

Isa, good for you getting right back to plan after fast food.

Beth, brr....Alaska had reminded me that I really prefer April through Deptember.

Well today is our last full day here. We've pretty much accomplished what we set out to. It has taken a full 2 weeks to clean the grunge and cat hair from our tiny house. I finished painting yesterday and everything else will have to wait. Today I will clean the stovetop and bottom drawer, get packed and maybe out the new gasket on wood stove-inside. Then I will spend a few hours putting stuff on a trailer which is dump bound. It will get picked up Friday. Of intrerest is an d chest freezer which I think i can take the door off of and roll out. Lol we shall see. I just can't resist the idea of this's diff not being here when I return.

Ok guess I will go make coffee.

Ruthxxx 11-28-2017 09:07 AM

Good Tuesday morning. Still no turkey soup simmering on the hob but ...

So glad to have the hectic weekend and Monday done and wave good-bye to November. The biggest thing on the plan this week, aside from taking the dogs for grooming, is to settle in to a "normal" week. Our performance of the Christmas Cantata went well on Saturday and it's now a huge relief to settle into doing our own Christmas preparations. Three whole days with no outside commitments.

Need to throw on some clothes and throw in a laundry. Also need to get back in here to catch up on Beacher news and kill a few spammers.
See y'all later.