South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 03:03 PM   #1  
Fighter

Question Concern with Switching from Atkins

Sorry if I should've put this in the FAQ, but I was wondering something. I'm officially starting the SBD today, since I got my book yesterday. Prior to today, I have been following the Atkins induction phase very strictly. My question is, am I going to have problems changing from Atkins to SBD? I know most people lose weight in the first two weeks of SBD, but I'm wondering if I might actually GAIN weight, since the allowed veggies won't be limited and I won't have to count carbs. I'm worried that once I break ketosis, I'll start gaining. Will it be possible for me to succeed on the South Beach Diet, even though I'll be coming out of ketosis, and no longer counting carbs? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:09 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Your body will take a few days to shift into South Beach mode but don't sweat it. Because the fats are different, you may be hungry so be sure to have lots of Phase I stuff around for snacking.
Relax and enjoy the Beach!
Old 09-17-2003, 05:48 AM   #3  
Mous

Keep a food/feeling journal so that you can track when and why you are hungry.

See you at the Daily.

Lady
Old 09-17-2003, 11:43 AM   #4  

I'm thinking IF you gain, it would only be a couple pounds of water weight, and that should go away quickly. If you're going into Phase 1, you won't be eating a lot of carbs still, just a few more than while you were in ketosis. (in my opinion)

Good luck!

Tricia
Old 09-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #5  
Fighter

Thanks, everyone, for the info. Lavendar, my concern is that I will be eating a lot more carbs, since I love veggies and don't have to limit them, but really now that I think of it, I'm not hungry enough to eat enough veggies to make a huge difference. :-D
Old 09-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Harmony......

I know you will do fine on SBD. It's a really healthy WOE, and I never feel hungry. The book suggests you eat until pleasantly full, and have 3 snacks a day on plan. My DH is even eating and losing with me.

And I like your new Avatar!

Good Luck!
Closed Thread