South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Schmoodle is back on the beach

Hi Beach Beauties, prodigal Schmoodle back again. I’m happy to see the old guard is still here and hopefully some new friends to make. I thought I’d do a little intro for those I haven’t “met” yet. I look forward to catching up and getting to know everyone.
A little about me, I’ve been overweight for most of my life, I had my best success on South Beach and lost about 80 lbs on this plan years ago. Sadly, I didn’t stick with it and I’ve gained it all back, plus a few. Now I’m turning 55 years old, achey all over, back pain, bad knee, and I need to get things in check as I get older before I end up with all sorts of health issues.
In the past couple of years, life has changed a lot for me. My two youngest are now in college. My relationship of 32 years ended earlier this year, and I’m working on the divorce. My son still lives at home for another year at least, so I have some company in this big old house and still have someone to cook for when I’m in the mood. It seems I’ll be getting the kids through college on my own, so I’m also on a tight budget these days.
I’m working on getting my house in order (literally), so I can sell it once the kids get through school, and then I’m looking forward to lots of adventures! I spend a lot of time daydreaming about what I’ll do once I’m not tied down with house and tuition payments. I’d love to buy a camper van and live the nomad life for a while. But I’ll need to be healthy, and I hope South Beach can help me with that once again.
My weaknesses – I do not like to exercise, and I love the sweets, and I know how SB can help me. I started back on SB “light” last month, and wanted to see if it was going to stick this time (I’ve had quite a few false starts) before I started posting, so I’m already down a few. You chicks helped me so much last time, I’m hopeful I can do this again…
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome back Schmoodle, sounds like you have had a lot going on since you were last here. There seem to be only a few of us left right now, so we are always happy to see someone come back. Hopefully SB can help you again this time around.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Schmoodle welcome back. Glad you are looking forward to new adventures!!! Divorce was actually the best thing for my weight loss. I know that sounds horrible, but when I was married I never took care of myself. I didn’t exercise or eat properly. If I did go on a plan I would lose then gain it all back plus some more. Try and check in often it helps.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies for the encouraging words. It is very nice to focus on myself for a change!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:07 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Stranger! Was just wondering how things are with you I keep trying to get back in here, but I'm not good at finding the time anymore. I am back on the Beach too after inching up too far.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #6  

Hi Cyndi! It's great to "see" you! I hope you're well and I love your avatar picture.