South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-31-2017, 06:03 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey there.

Came home a little bit earlier today and got in my workout. I am resisted the candy as well; we hardly get any trick or treaters so that is good for me. We have a bag of candy "just in case" but as long as the bag is sealed I'm good. I'll take it to school and give it away after tonight; I can always find students who are willing to help me out!

Very cool and windy tonight; I'm glad I don't have little ones to take out tonight.

Have a good evening, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, survived Hallowe'en without any damage although we had very few kids for some reason. A wintery cold day kept them home, I think. Bruce was delighted to have leftovers and has promised not to crunch crisps in my hearing!

Weight dropped two pounds overnight which certainly impressed me. I guess my body has finally given up messing with my metabolism. Now to keep it in that state. No foodie events this week until a church Harvest Dinner on Saturday night.

Bruce is "on the road" today with his friend Carl and the doggage and I are spending a "me" day at home. First a soak in the tub and then I'll tackle some tidying and cooking since Michelle comes tomorrow and we're hoping to take the day off.

Enjoy the day. (It sort of feels like the weekend since last night.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #18  

Good morning, chicks!

Ruth, good to hear you are getting a "me" day. We all need them from time to time! Enjoy yourself.

I'm home from work today; DH has a doctor appointment and I am going too. Now I'm having coffee and wondering if I should try to exercise now or later. If it wasn't 40* and drizzling I would take a walk....maybe later.

The scale was my friend this morning; I started the new month close to September's goal. I would REALLY like to keep myself OP and lose October's pound in November. We shall see.

Have a good day!
Old 11-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #19  

Oh and

Old 11-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Hard to believe we are in November already, it was cold last night we had a few trick or treaters but less than normal. I am happy to report I did not touch either the candy or cookies. My scale is slightly up this morning but that is because I did have some 12 grain bread so I will work that water weight off. I still lost for October and now to move on to November. Today DD2 has an ortho appt in the afternoon so I will pick her up from school.

Ruth yeah for you glad the scale went down for you and enjoy your "me" day

Beth thanks for the rabbits, lucky for me DH bought the candy and he bought what he likes and that doesn't tempt me, if I am going to cheat I want Reese's.

Have a great day everyone.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy 1st of November,

It seems like we all survived Halloween!

The kids had a great time last night. I have lots to do today, I want to clean the bathrooms, my room and DS2 room. I also want to clean the garage and get some donations ready. My mom is flying in tomorrow and the kids are supper excited because she is staying with us until January, they haven't see her in over a year.

I made spicy ketchup yesterday, it turned out delicious. The recipe was super easy, the consistency is more thick than ketchup but it tasted pretty similar instead of sugar I used dates. I am not a fan of ketchup. I think I only used in my burgers some times or if a recipe calls for a spoon or two of tomato sauce and I don't have any I will just use a little bit of ketchup. I am planning on making sloppy joes for dinner, and the healthier recipe I have found calls for homemade ketchup. I follow their recipe for the ketchup. This will be the first time we try sloppy joes. I believe my husband has eating them before but not me or the kids, I will be having mine over zoodles or baked potato.

Rose- hope you had a great time handling candy and was able to resist the cookies.

Lexxiss-Hope you enjoy your day off today

Ruth- Enjoy your "me" day!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, chicks! I’m back on the beach (again). I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday so I thought I’d use that as my official starting weight and Nov. 1 seems like a good start date. I’ll do a separate re-introduction post, but it’s great to “see” the ones I remember from my previous SB life and look forward to getting to know the others! I’m going to start Phase I tomorrow, so that means it’s time to make a Taco Bake for dinner (that's for cottagebythesea, is she still posting?). I sure am going to miss my morning oatmeal and afternoon apple for a while.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:52 AM   #23  

Good morning, chicks!

Welcome back to Schmoodle! Glad you have joined us again.

Busy day today with a meeting after work and a doctor appointment for myself. I am not sure when I will squeeze in some exercise but will do my best.

Rose, isn't it amazing how a few carbs bring the water weight right back??? After I dropped those few pounds last month I have been stuck and am trying to figure out my next move. Should I just be happy here and maintain or keep trying to lose? I do my best to live by SB principles but then life happens, ya know?

Isa, I tried a few NS ketchup recipes but haven't found one I like. How did yours work out? I do know there are some commercial NS varieties out there but they tend to be expensive. It's the same with pasta, which you were mentioning recently. We order some pasta from Amazon that is made with legume flour and it tastes great but it is only DH and I so we don't eat huge quantities. Don't know if that is something you want to look at or not.

Got to run. Have a great day!

Last edited by Beth19; 11-02-2017 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #24  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work this morning, it's rainy but it's warmed up a bit 59 and should be 70 today, I will take it. Have lots of meetings today. Tonight, DH, DD2 and I are going to see the new Thor movie.

Beth the scale is moving back down, but your right it's crazy how adding a few carbs back in makes such a different in water weight. I still need to lose 20 more lbs to hit goal so I will keep plugging away.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:31 AM   #25  

Good morning! It is quiet on the beach this morning! I'm not feeling great (SB flu?) so I'll work from home today. No plan for dinner so I'd better dig through the freezer and see what I can find to thaw. I've got to do a better shopping this weekend to get through Phase 1. Looks like a pretty day, time for coffee on the porch.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:18 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Welcome back Schmoodle!

I am still in bed feeling like toast this morning. Too much on my mind. Think I will take it easy until plans for the day develop around me. Sorry not chatty but wanted to check in. Accepting that all days aren't good- just make it through. Work tomorrow-at least some stability there. Lol
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #27  

Debbie,
Old 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #28  

Good morning and Happy Friday,

I am wfh today but have lots of conference calls and need to get monthly reports done today so will be busy. Movie was good last night, I think I get to stay home tonight. Who looks forward to staying home on a Friday night, me that's who...lol.

Debbie hope you are feeling better today

Schmoodle hopefully in a couple of days you start feeling great.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #29  

Good morning all! So ready to slide into the weekend. I've been in a real funk this week, really need to snap out of it. I've got a long list of niggles to take care of and getting together a grocery list so I can do some food prep and hopefully have a smoother week next week.
Today is work from home and try to get a head start on chores, then pizza night at my niece's.
I've been trying to move more by exploring all the local interest I don't usually take time for, so I need pick my spot for the weekend. I think we should have some decent weather.
Does anyone post their menu plan these days, daily or weekly? Any interest? I do much better with a plan, so I can go on autopilot. Plus I'm nosy and like to see what people are eating and get good ideas.

Debbie, I hope you are feeling better today.
Muffin, How old are your boys? Did you post your ketchup recipe? I'd love to try it.
Beth, what ages do you teach?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 11-03-2017 at 10:33 AM.