South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 9/23-9/29

Last week of September!!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone!

Pearlrose how have homecoming? Did DD2 feel better about the band's performance?
Beth I don't think I am going to hit my goal unless September is extended lol
Ruth nice to see you again. Yellow jackets are nasty!!!
Debbie hope your cold passes quickly. Can the vet call in a prescription for Kirby? My Shoprite fills vet prescriptions.

Yesterday I was in the city to hear the Police Commissioner from Brussels speak about the terror attacks in 2015 and 2016. Not going to lie, loved his accent! The presentation was very informative too. After work I treated myself to new sneakers. My plan is to rejoin Planet Fitness this week. I was really good about going when I was a member last time. I need to tone up. I don't plan on joining until I get back from my trip. My goal will be to go before work. Lately I am just not motivated to work out when I get home.

I plan on getting outside this weekend as it is gorgeous here. Otherwise just the usual to get ready for another work week. It's a short week since I am off Friday.

Scale is stuck. Still OP just stuck. Have a great day.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

Another beautiful day today. I think DH and I may go looking at leaves this morning; the colors are going full force and we know they don't last long. We are going to be high 80s for the next 3-4 days and then it looks like fall is arriving.

Scale moved down yesterday; I am never sure what causes that. My weight is a complete zig zag but is generally moving in the right direction. I just need to keep up the momentum.

Jennifer, enjoy your day off. I am sure you are excited for your trip.

Have a great day, chicks! Happy Saturday!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is out and it looks deceptively nice but it is hot and humid lol. The hot weather is scheduled to break around Thursday and then will be in the upper 70's much better than the 90's. Last night the football game was good, the HS team is undefeated right now 5-0. DD2 is in the color guard, they did pretty good but I know they were very hot since they had on winter outfits. Today I have to go pick up some orders that came in, found what I was looking for the outside of the garage, so ordered them at the nearest store. DD2 and I are going to get her nails done and then I am going to do her hair tonight for the dance.

Jekel the scale has started moving down for me finally down 2 lbs so far this month but not sure I will hit my goal for this month but as long as its moving I am good.

Beth enjoy going to look at leaves, everything here is very dry

Debbie hope you feel better.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Well it is chilly here. A freeze Monday night and possibly snow Tuesday. Oh well. Still under the weather. Will keep resting today. So frustrating. I have so much to do. I'm going to take a nap. Happy Saturday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from tropical Delta. This is going to be the hottest and most humid weekend of the year and Fall is officially here! I was planning to make the switch to fall clothing this weekend but it's not to be. It's supposed to get much cooler by Saturday, the day of our Harvest Festival when the Parson and the Missus dress in heavy and hot historical costumes and stroll the village lending tone and colour and answering questions. Whew!

The social whirl continues with a concert in the town hall last night - we opted out of the dinner for a change. Big anniversary brunch is tomorrow after Church and I'm on the hook for deviled eggs. I'm tempted to make them really red-hot deviled so I don't ever get asked again for the fussy things. (Told you I wouldn't be a good parson's wife!)

Off to prep some lunch for the shade of the back deck. Have a great weekend!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #7  

Ruth lol yes they certainly would be "deviled" eggs then. Delta never seems to slow down!
Debbie my DS is sick too, apparently a lot of them are. Hope you got some much needed rest yesterday.
Pearlrose hope DD2 had fun at the dance.
Beth I am looking forward to our leaves changing. We aren't even close yet.

Joe and I went out for a late dinner last night so I know not to weigh myself today. I didn't ride yesterday but I did 3 miles of walking /jogging. Today is the last Sunday the parkway is open for bicycles so that's my plan. When I get home it will be the usual stuff getting ready for work.

I did hear from my mortgage company yesterday. Looks like the kitchen will be on hold. The appraisal came in way too low. She is going to try one more thing, but it doesn't look promising. I am really going to have to think about what to do. The idea of doing the kitchen in stages seems very daunting. I don't handle that kind of upset very well. Oh well such is life. I've lived with ugly kitchen this long I guess I can hang in there a few more years.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #8  

Good morning,

The dance went well last night, the girls all looked so pretty. I was bit tired having to stay up til 10 p.m. to go get them Today I still need to go pick up that order, one of the girls came with us yesterday to get nails done so wouldn't have had room to put everything in the car. Tonight DH has tickets to go see Brad Paisley, I really don't want to go but might if he can't find someone to go with him, it just so hot and humid still. (I know I will be complaining about cold soon)

Jekel sorry to hear about that, hopefully your mortagage company can do something for you.

Ruth that would stop them from asking you again lol

Debbie hope your feeling better

Old 09-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #9  

Good morning, chicks. I've been to the grocery store and have some laundry going but mostly I am hiding out inside. We are slated for 3 days of 90-ish weather before falls arrives at the end of the week. This is crazy hot for us; we never even had this in July this year! But I'm not complaining......much....

Yesterday DH and I ended up with a nice drive and a walk in the mountains. I love this time of year.

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Happy Monday! Another hot day today, did go and pick up my supplies yesterday but that was about it for the day. Today is wfh with quite a few conference calls and still working on reports.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning from sub-tropical Delta. We WALKED down for coffee earlier this morning which meant we had to walk back. I need the exercise but need a repeat of my shower.

Faced the scale this morning and not pretty! I've decided part of the problem is water retention from this terribly hot weather. It seems everything served at Church events is loaded with salt. Am not delighted over seeing 180 once again on the scale - seems the blip is after the weekend events. I usually lose on vacation - except at resorts and am going to be careful about eating in restaurants and crazy big country breakfasts.

Quilting biddies is going on as I write but I'm giving it a miss this month since I have too much to do before we leave for vacation. This afternoon I'm cranking up the AC since we have to shuffle furniture around once again since friend Karen helped us re-home the sofa/hide-a-bed. No room in the parlour since we got the piano.

Hope everyone is starting the week well as we celebrate what I hope is the last of summer heat.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:02 PM   #12  

Evening chick, no porch sitting tonight way too hot and humid. Although a glass of something refreshing might be nice.

Spend my work day working on next year's schedule. Hope to have it turned in tomorrow as they are due at the end of the week.

Need to do some kind of indoor workout tonight. I did get brave and hang the new curtain / rod in the bathroom. Thank fully the valance hides my oopsie lol.

Did get a nice surprise DS face timed me while I was at work. Granted I do not like FaceTime, but he gets a pass. All is well he passed his final written exam. This afternoon they had another ruck sack march / shooting exercise. He is going to be held over at Fort Lee for about a month as Airborne is backlogged from the hurricanes. As he put it, more time to run and try to build up his upper body strength. Nice to see he is so motivated.....hoping a little rubs off on me lol.

Have a great night!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #13  

Evening, chicks. Sounds like everyone is experiencing extra warm weather! It was 90* again today. I don't want to complain (much) since I know what is coming but my classroom was pretty steamy!

I took the day off from exercise but still managed 9000 steps at work so I figure I'm all good.

Going to fill my glass with water and enjoy the AC.

Back tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We are experiencing our first freeze although very light. I did get up last night and cover a bunch of plants. It's not supposed to freeze for another 10 days and I wanted to savor the flowers and not take a chance. Kirby is doing quite poorly this morning. He has an ultrasound tomorrow morning. I said that whatever they find we need to make a decision fast because he's just miserable. At this point, if it's fixable I can imagine is not needing some type of surgery. We shall see. All I can do is focus on work today and getting home. Have a great Tuesday everyone!everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Today is supposed to be our last day in the 90's we shall see. I am wfh today but still have lots of conference calls and trying to work on reports. Nothing on the agenda tonight, I am checking out new fall shows on tv.

Debbie poor Kirby hope they find out what is wrong with him. I guess the freeze will eventually head our way.

Jekel so glad to hear that DS passed his final exam

Ruth I do think the extra humidity helps us retain some water.

Beth 9000 steps without getting a walk in is great.