South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 PM   #16  
Creolemouth

S/C/G: 200/194.8/145

Height: 5"3

Morning ya'll,

Thought I'd through a little of my "southern gal" your way. I love your morning chats, it feels homey here. I guess I should give ya'll my condensed intro. I am a wife and newly empty nest mother of 2, "retired" financial analyst. I have a few odd jobs that keep me in mad money and Im pursing my first love - art. My midlife (50) indentity crisis resulted in a 60lb weight gain. Which brought me here. Im full on cajun, from New Orleans, who married a Memphs man. Ive been in Tennessee more than I had hoped but the tide is turning and a move home is within reach. Thats me in a nutshell.
Im 9 days into P1 and Im down 7.5lbs. So far so good, yesterday was my first real sugar craving that I could not satisfy. Im facing a challage this weekend. I'm making pralines for a big Labor Day party on Sunday. 😳
I think a trip to Quebec would be great. Im not sure my cajun french would be well received. Canada is a beautiful country. Ive been to Toronto, and Ive skied Lake Louise, Banff, and Whistler. I would like to go to Nova Scotia mostly because cajuns were French/Candian immigrants who settled there and eventually relocated to New Orleans. My mother has met a fraction of our relations when she traveled to Nova Scotia. Very Cool!!
Creolemouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:20 PM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

I didn't get here yesterday. I was sitting on the porch at 7 AM with one of our tenets enjoying coffee when I got a text that I know I was working today. No I didn't I said I would be there in 20 minutes. Oh well, I had read the schedule wrong and Wednesday is not a day I usually work. I canceled all my Wednesday plans and chores and have already crossed many of them off the list today.

So, now that I'm back home I plan to stay here. I need to do a little rearranging in my office and get set up for bill paying for the company. I already have some bills that are past due. It just didn't happen last week. I got my little car cleaned both inside and out this morning. On my list for today is to make a dog Hamic for the backseat. I have all the materials now and it seems pretty easy. It will allow the dogs to sit on something other than the seat and Kirby won't be able to crawl up to the front every time I leave the vehicle for 10 seconds. I recognized when family was here that both of my vehicles were totally unacceptable for anyone to ride in. It looks like that's changing today.

Creolemouth, do you have a first name you'd be willing to share that I could call you by? That's much easier for me to remember. LOL. Thanks for sharing a bit of your history with us.

Ruth, a little getaway sounds fun!

Rose, I hope the training goes well today. Good for you eating on plan and then waiting patiently for the results on the scale.

OK, I do have a smoothie made it's time to ingest. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #18  
Creolemouth

S/C/G: 200/194.8/145

Height: 5"3

My name is Michelle. I've used creolemouth for so long as my online "handle" it never occured to me to use my name.
Creolemouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

A quick check in from work since I didn't make it here yesterday. Pearlrose' cold is kicking my butt lol. Amazing those germs can travel so far lol. Glad you are feeling better. I'm sure today will be another jammie day after work with an early bed time.

Michelle when I make something off plan that temps me I used to chew gum (I say used to because my dentist said no more gum for me 2 years ago) It helped. Just my 2 cents.

Emma I live alone so I can understand the struggle. How many days are you into South Beach? I try to eat on a schedule it helps me to stay on plan. My biggest struggle still is not mindlessly eating at night. I save a snack for TV time. Usually its raw veggies and hummus or fruit with granola.

Debbie you'll get caught up. Be kind to yourself you have had a rough week.

Ruth great idea taking others with you to use your gift cards

Beth when do the kids report for their first day?

Pearlrose have you been effected by Harvey?

Nothing new or exciting to report. I do need to get a food plan for next week. Since coming home I have been good, but need to do a grocery run ASAP lol. Otherwise life is status quo just like the scale this week lol.

No excuses tomorrow its back to exercising no matter how crummy I feel.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:32 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

It was a long morning of meetings today with time to work in the afternoon. There is so much to get done right now that I constantly found myself starting one thing only to get distracted by another. Tonight I need to make a list and prioritize it so that I am more productive tomorrow. At least I had a plan for dinner when I got home.

Jennifer, sorry to hear about the cold. I am going to be zealous about washing my hands this month since I often get one a cold in September. Then kids come on Tuesday.

Welcome to the gang, Michelle. We actually talk about food and diets....sometimes. I think we all agree just checking in here helps us stay focused. I don't live very far from Ruth, just on the American side of the St. Lawrence River. My DH and I went to Nova Scotia and PEI years ago, it was beautiful! I highly recommend it for your bucket list.

Good to hear everyone's news. Have a good evening all!

Last edited by Beth19; 08-31-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

Well the cold has settled into sinus congested and coughing, which I had a spell of coughing during training yesterday, last class tears in my eyes for a few minutes. How embarassing lol, anyways struggled through it and finished the class but went to bed early last night not feeling well. Today I took some medicine to help with sinus pressure and coughing, other than my head I feel good.

Jekel sorry you dealing with it as well, hope you feel better

Debbie the dog hammock is a good idea I know when I take Blue to the vet the back seat of my car is a mess.

Michelle we do talk about everything but it helps to stay accountable

Beth glad you have a plan and hope you don't get a cold this month.

Here's hoping we all have a great month!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat Lost my post but all is well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #23  

Oh Pearlrose I feel for you...lol I was on a conference call today and had to mute myself several time while I blew my nose...Beth keep those hands clean lol...usually I get a sinus infection late September. I am hoping I am spared this year since it seems to be happening now.

Going for a bike ride after work as it is gorgeous here. On my way back I'll drop my car off at John's for him to borrow for a couple of weeks. His mom took his car home with her last night. It's a long family drama type of story lol. John said he would pay me to borrow the car. That's right by hanging a door for me lol. Megan, John's wife, told me I can use him for manual labor since I take such good care of him lol.

Otherwise just the same old day here.....Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 09-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #24  

Rabbit, rabbit and happy Friday!

Cool and sunny here today; had to wear a sweat shirt to take my walk this afternoon! I left for work early this morning; I had to get fasting bloodwork done and the lab right around the corner from school opens at 6:30. I figured my life next week will only get crazier.

Today's weather calls for hearty food so I am making mac and cheese with chickpea pasta tonight. I crush up bean crackers to use in place of bread crumbs on top. Yum

Pearlrose and Jennifer I am sorry you are feeling so poorly! Hope you both are better soon! Not sure how you shared your germs online with each other. lol

Have a good evening, everyone.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #25  

Morning everyone!

I'm sitting here sipping coffee and enjoying a slow morning after a few busy days. It is good to have time to re-group. Today looks to be sunny and pleasant (before rain tomorrow) so I think it will be chores inside and out. I need to do something with the over-abundance of tomatoes (puree and freeze maybe?) as well as do some weeding, cleaning and laundry. I figure if I get lots done today I will goof off tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!
Old 09-02-2017, 08:20 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Since I noticed Beth made this a weekly thread I'll just keep on going! It works for me!

I got some rest last night which is good since It should be pretty busy at work for my next three days. I'm definitely not going anywhere today as traffic is already hot and heavy coming up from Denver. It's easy to get down you just can't get back. I'm starting to look at this next two weeks as pre-memorial for my mom. Kirk will also be coming back from Alaska at some point. Possibly later this week. So, I did finish the dog Hammock for the car yesterday. It looks nice and will definitely keep the seats clean but Kirby had already found a way around it and into the front seat when I left him for 10 minutes. I may do a little modification but that's later. I think for now, my best strategy is to say no new projects and just start getting the house ready for company. I already started putting away everything from the sewing project while coffee was brewing but had a quick thought do I need anything else mended before I put the sewing machine away.
It looks to be a beautiful day and the Airbnb people next-door are ready heading out. The hummingbirds are flying around like crazy. Sadly, I think they are starting to get in to travel mode.

Jennifer and Rose, I hope you start feeling better really soon! I usually seem to get a cold late in the spring when I think the season should already be over.

Food has been good and I was at ticker late last week. Up 2 now which is ok. I'm going to make my smoothie early before I get too involved in projects.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #27  

Good morning,

I slept in today so shall see if that helped with the cold. Today on the agenda is cleaning and doing a grocery run and then maybe going shopping with my girls later this afternoon. It actually dropped in to the low 50s last night so I think it is starting out chilly outside. I was going to work on garage today with DS but he asked if we could do next weekend which works better for me.

Beth so glad this is a 3 day weekend more time for relaxing

Debbie that traffic going into the mountains sounds crazy. Hope yu make a lot of money this weekend. Glad Kirk is coming home soon.

Jekel hope you feel better soon.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #28  

Afternoon everyone!!!

Debbie dogs can be little Houdinis at times. I'd stay put too. I don't know anyone who likes traffic lol
Beth hope you get to goof off tomorrow
Pearlrose hope the sleep helped your cold. Maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky I'll get to sleep in.

It was very brisk when I left for work 48 in August!!!! Been great sleeping with the window open at night. John came by last night and did the electrical work. After work today I am going to run my errands and finish installing the insulation. If and that's a big if, I may actually clean the house lol.

Scale did its usual up 7 earlier this week. Im sure last weekend and Chinese food didn't help any. Since Tuesday I have been OP with super clean eating which paid off nicely as I am back to my pre trip weight. Now to reach my September goal!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #29  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

A quick hello as I'm heading out the door soon. Just trying to fit in one last cup of coffee on the porch. I hope it's a good day today. I paid my dog sitter for the last couple weeks and this week as well. I'm down to ones.

I helped my sister with a big project yesterday afternoon which stretched into the evening. That meant when I got home I wasn't quite as organized as I'd hoped to be. Oh well. Have a great day everyone! Lots more to say but I best get going.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #30  

Good morning,

Got everything accomplished I wanted to yesterday. Did my yoga this morning, I think we are going to 6 Flags today. Feeling better other than slight congestion and lingering cough.

Debbie hope you bring tons of cash in today

Jekel glad that scale went down for you, mine finally went down a lb so hopeful it will continue on down.

Have a great day everyone!