South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Week of June 12-16

Good morning everyone!

Just my usual. Work, garden, doggies. It looks like a hot one today and for the rest of week so I want to water before I leave this morning. I mowed the entire yard yesterday after work which was exercising after the exercise. I'm not quite awake yet, but I am drinking coffee. Food was on the plan yesterday and I have a plan for today.

Have a great start to the week!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning - we are now in full summer and my June garden is bodacious to quote Bruce. It's going to be another hot day - I even turned on the AC yesterday afternoon.

We did the Church thing and lunch at a Church in the next village and were home around 1:30 to find two of my girlfriends sitting on the porch. They did tell me to keep the afternoon free on the 11th but nothing more was said. They had a shower planned for me and had followed up with phone calls which went to my voice mail which has been malfunctioning for a while. Anyhow they kidnapped me for an afternoon at the Lake and we partied. I don't know why they didn't tell Bruce. I do have pictures sent to me on email and just need to figure out how to post them. (
Since I developed "bride brain", I have lost my techie smarts.)

Today things are back to relative normal as the final countdown begins. I need to finalize the guest list so I can talk to the caterer and make decisions re linens and dishes, etc. A visit to my florist is in order too. Sometimes I really miss my Mother who should be here doing all this.

Weight is still steady at "too much" but there are no foodie events until Friday night's rehearsal dinner before B's grandson's wedding. I'm planning lighter meals this week - mainly fish or chicken with veggies and salad with extra carbs for Bruce who never gains an ounce eating, potatoes, rice, corn, cookies and pie most nights when he has a choice.

Need to crank up the morning and go down to the Church for Monday coffee. Gotta keep on the good side of the Church ladies who adore Bruce but don't know me very well.

Hope your week is off to a great start.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

It's Monday - again. I just love the hot weather! So happy the sun is shining and I feel the warmth on my skin. Now of course I do have the a/c on, but I'd way rather have it be 90 than 30.

Week 1 of my 10 lbs in 4 weeks so me lose 4.2 lbs! Yowza, that really is some fat melting exercise. And the good news is it's also a bit of an appetite suppressant so I'm not thinking about the next thing I can eat all the time. I'm still sticking to the 1500 calories and I'll continue to see how it goes.

I'm researching now elevated crp levels, which I believe my thyroid contributes to it. I'm making an appointment with the endocrinologist. In the meantime I also added vitamin c and host of other herbs and vitamins that are supposed to reduce the inflammation and bring that number down. I feel like a ticking time bomb. I think getting to a healthy weight is also paramount, but I can't go faster than I'm going. I'm just glad that I'm already doing all the things to help - the south beach diet is the recommended way to eat for heart health.

I'm back on the bike today for my 30 minute hiit. The weekend off exercise was great to rest and let my sore muscles heal.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning, looks like it is going to be another rainy and muggy day here David took DS2 to swim team and I'm taking DS1 to school after I'm done with my tea.

The weekend was busy but I stayed in plan, Saturday we had a cousin's b-day...oh boy that was hard. The b-day was at 3pm we had lunch at 12pm and though since it was a kids b-day was only going to be a few hours. We got there at 3pm and the other people didn't arrive until 5pm (very common with Spanish families) the house was full of food (nothing whole 30 compliant ) we ended up staying until 9pm. I was starving, but I didn't eat anything except a few strawberries and watermelon, they had lots of food (everything smell delicious) but only a little plate of fruit for the babies, so I manage to get a few for me Next time that I go to this parties I'm going to have to bring my own food any how the kids and the husband had a great time.

Ruth- what a nice surprise!

msgooch- 4.2lbs in a week is awesome! good luck with the endocrinologist.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Last edited by Muffin; 06-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is another beautiful morning, went for my walk outside, seeing more people out the nicer and brighter it gets early. Today is wfh, have a couple of conference calls and reports to work on. Good news lymph nodes went down on their own so I do think it was a reaction to wasp sting, my hand is still slighty itchy but mostly back to normal. My index finger continues to heal which I am thankful for.

We went to the lake yesterday DH and I, he fished for a bit and then we listened to a band and our neighbors came and joined us, it was nice.

Amy that is awesome weight loss

Ruth that was sweet of them to throw you a bridal shower

Debbie hope work goes by quickly for you

Isa you did great at the birthday party way to stick to your plan

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-12-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon check in. Too hot to check in this morning lol. More like I forgot. Ruth's bride brain must be contagious!

Amy GREAT job!!!!
Ruth that was sweet they had a shower for you!
Pearlrose I need to get my cardio in gear. My exercise gear is stuck in low lol.
Debbie I hope you and Beth had a great day at work
Isa my sister always comments she and I are the only ones who arrive on time for family functions. Gatherings at her home never end because guests arrive at all times! Great job resisting at the party.

The canine competition was fun yesterday.No OP food at all and typical guys BBQ'd way too much so there was a lot of pilling on food UGH. Later Joe and I went to the German restaurant. Let's just call the day a bust but I have improved today. I was two out of the three cars by hand (#3 was way too dirty and needed the pros) Managed to sneak in an hour nap. Did the weekly shopping and might go for a walk. No word from DS. On their official company Facebook page was a message. All soldiers willl call home on June 23rd and advise if they are graduating. Families have been turned away at the gate when then soldiers do not successfullly complete the BCT requirements. Guess who will be stressing until the 23rd? That is also the day we go to see Zac Brown Band (which was my present to DS for his 21st b-day). Joe, Meredith, Shaun and I are all going together. If I get sad news on the 23rd I know I will not want to go anywhere. Boy do I hope I get good news that day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks! Crazy hot here today (at least for us Northerners); so glad DH had the AC on when I came home. (Great guy that he is, he was already on the ladder with the anti-mildew cleaning spray when I left for work this morning since this is the first time we have run it this year) I did my exercise inside when I came home today. This is test week for us so my day involved grading, cleaning and such.

Jennifer, keeping my fingers crossed for you and DS! Good job on jumping back on plan today.

Ruth, what a whirlwind your life is right now! Hope you had time to catch your breath today.

Pearlrose, glad you are feeling better.

Isa, I often carry a bag of "just in case" items with me when I visit family. In my family there are several who have special diets and I figure it is easier for me to just bring a few things.

Amy, awesome job on the weight loss!

Debbie, hope today was a smooth one.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Can't believe I'm the first to check in this morning! It's been a busy morning here and I head off to work in a few minutes. I did some watering when I got home yesterday afternoon and A little more this morning, as well. We are in the mid 80s during the day and it's so dry here. Hummingbird birdfeeder is filled and restocked seeds so I think we're good for today.

Smoothie is packed along with my vitamin C drink. Mentioning the vitamin C yesterday helping lesson inflammation I recognize that I've been a lot since I started doing this vitamin C drink every day. I think it must be working.

I should get out of work early today I am looking forward to some days off to make progress in this yard since I wasn't here last week.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls!

Ruth - how sweet to have a shower! And I think we always miss our mom's, I don't think a day goes by I don't think of her and my dad.
Isa - I wouldn't do well with people not showing up until 2 hours later. My culture is on time is late - lol
Pearl - the lake sounds nice, isn't that what life is all about?
Jennifer - 10 days. I know you'll be nervous, but it sounds like your son is doing well! Just think of it this way - no news is good news.
Beth - there is nothing in this world I appreciate more than air conditioning! And nothing I despise more than the over testing of kids - lol
Debbie - glad to hear the vit C rang true for you. From my research I discovered that's one of the biggest things you can do to help inflammation along with vit D, curcumin, fish oil, magnesium, multivitamin and a pro-biotic as a lot of inflammation comes from the gut. I figure between all that, a statin, and getting to a healthy weight and stick to eating the south beach, I literally don't think there is anything else I can do to lower my risk. But at least now I don't feel like I'm a stroke waiting to happen.

My son started going back and forth with HR yesterday - he filled out the application, sent a resume, did a form on his security clearance. I am hopeful the actual offer comes today. He's way calmer about it than me.

I've been holding steady in my weight since Saturday - actually up .4, but I'm very patriotic weight now - 177.6 so that is something that amused me. I figure after that huge drop my body is just putting the breaks on for a little bit.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Another "real" summer day in Delta and my AC is already running. Glorious sunshine, flowers and blue skies make it all OK though.

Debbie, thanks for mentioning Vit C - I am pretty sure I am missing it lately since I'm sort of aching in knees and one shoulder. Being very busy "briding" is definitely not conducive to eating properly.

Bruce has been having dinner here with me every evening that we aren't invited out. What a social whirl! So far I'm not gaining but sure want/need to lose another pound or two to feel comfy in my dress in less than four weeks. When there is a noon event - like a picnic - I try to keep the evening meal healthier so I can at least stay the same. I am also drinking lots of water in this hot weather to offset all the salt in these Church supper-type meals. Today is an at home day except for meeting friends for supper at a local restaurant on a lake nearby. It's famous for fish and chips but I will resist and have chicken and salad!

Need to get cracking before my day falls apart with odd jobs - fun but not needed like sorting quilt fabrics instead of doing seating plans for dinner at B's grandson's wedding. Bruce is marrying them and I never knew that seating plans were the duty of the clergyman's wife but I guess I'm doing it as a future step-grandmother. His son Grant who is mid fifties is referring to me as his "new Mommy" these days! Too funny!

Happy Tuesday, whatever it brings.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #11  

Good morning,

It is a beautiful hot morning already, my ac is running as well. Today is wfh but jammed backed with conference calls all day. Last night my eating slipped up after dinner with pretzels, they were sprouted grain but still not what I should be eating. Back on track today.

Debbie glad you have a few days off to work on your yard there

Beth busy time of the year for you

Jekel the 23rd will be here soon, I am sure he is doing fine, they build up endurance prior to the test.

Amy you had me laughing at your patriotic weight statement

Ruth I think it's great that you are maintaining amongst all the lunches served.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sigh give me patience!!! I am determined to get Coconut to eat from his bowl again. The little bugger has been stomping his food all over the kitchen lately. Those little kibbles hurt lol. He has always been quirky. Currently his bowl in in his "safe space" aka his bed. I am eating my crack slaw so hopefully he takes this hint lol.

Ruth maybe its best I haven't remarried....lol I don't think I could handle your schedule

Amy way to show your patriotism Love your positive outlook.

Debbie hope your day went smoothly. Some days I just don't want to work lol

Beth do you have central AC? My next home definitely will. So glad I splurged on a new wall unit last summer. We have Con Ed downstate and they offered a free wifi modem last year. I can turn my AC on and off from my phone. Very convenient.

Pearlrose hope your conference calls didn't consume your entire day.

Thank you everyone I really appreciate your kind thoughts. It's funny I make decisions all day (who doesn't right). I can handle myself in any work situation. I keep telling myself Joey is fine, he is safe and can do this. However, lately I am an emotional mess. I know this isn't easy but I cant help but think my hormones are really making this worse lol.....oh and Coconut won today's battle. His food (thank goodness it is dry food) is in a nice little pile on his bed. I am going to leave the empty dish in his bed (his bed is really too big but it is the one he shared with Mick) in hopes he gets used to the dish. After Mick died he became afraid of his dog dish. He really is a unique little dog.

May your evening be quirk free.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks. Had to take my walk after dinner since I stayed late for a meeting at school. It was sunny but a little cooler today; mid to upper 70s is a great temp.

Jennifer, we don't have central AC, we have a "ductless split". Basically it is a permanent wall unit that cools our great room; it helps with our bedroom some.

Amy, I agree, there's too much testing of the younger kids but for core courses (math, science, etc) at the high school level I think our exam system is appropriate.

Pearlrose, if sprouted grain pretzels were my only slip up......hope you had a good day.

Have a good evening, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:18 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work today, what a muggy day, I went for my walk outside this morning and I was soaking wet with sweat by the time I got home. Some storms are supposed to come through that will hep with the humidity tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:31 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Well, we are cooler today which is a good thing because yesterday was a bad one. Does not look good for Bruce's grandson's wedding on the weekend with t-storms on the menu. At least I don't have to wear clerical robes for the ceremony! So glad it's an indoor ceremony!

Today I am off for the first schoolwork pick-up for the Fair and the fun begins! At least it'll be a lovely drive through the countryside and I should be home before noon. Bruce wants to go out in the canoe this afternoon but I am a bit leery about since I've not done that for years and have a sore right shoulder lately. We'll see how it goes.

Have a good Peak of the Week Day!