South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #31  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

After a whopping 20 inches of snow we are on melt mode. I have lots of shrub/tree damage but I can't even assess until the snow melts. I decided I was not going to shovel it-besides it's super heavy. I did shovel to the greenhouse this morn because I was mad I had left my nice basil plant inside. Whew! It's ok and it's super hot in there already. I've been getting lots done inside and plan to continue. I really "wanted" to go down to my usual Friday meeting in Denver but really self evaluated and want everything "done" inside so I can get back to the yard soon. Tomorrow, I surmise, will be sawing and hauling broken branches.

Welcome Dr. Marjie and Horsechick! Jump right in! We chat about lots of different topics here lol.

Foodwise, I'm doing good. I had to clean veggies before I could make my smoothie this morning. I already have soup ready for lunch and dinner is yet to be decided.

Ruth, scary about the doggies! I don't think mine know their way home. Glad they are safe and sound!

Happy Friday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie I am so sorry you got wholoped with a major dumping of snow. We are actually in a heat wave here which is abnormal for this time of the year. Hopefully it melts quickly.

Ruth glad the pups came home unscathed. Hope the quilting room project goes smoothly.

Pearlrose glad the storms passed quickly. What are DD2's plans for the summer?

Welcome Horsechick!!!! never apologize for jumping right in, that's what we are here for. We have chicks actively losing weight as well as maintaining. Feel free to post any questions you have. Yes the old book recipes are fine. There are some great (easy) ones here too. SB is definitely a WOL which works for me. I've done WW more times than I can count, Jenny Craig, Nutra System, the cabbage soup diet, the grapefruit diet, Slim Fast and a few other "fad" type diets. I like that I know what works for me to lose and more importantly how to maintain. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Today was another hot one. We had an awards ceremony at work today which meant wearing the heavy wool uniform. I didn't pack my lunch or snacks but managed to avoid all the pastries. I did manage to get a yummy, albeit expensive, salad while I was downtown. I had planned on riding again today, but my energy is zapped. I actually nodded off on the train home. So I think I'm just going to relax for the rest of the day.

Enjoy your evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #33  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! We are still sunny today but 25* cooler than yesterday, which is still pretty nice. I was pleased with the yard work I did yesterday but am looking forward to working outside tomorrow also when it will be cooler. Today I came home and did my weights and cardio.

Amy, I am enjoying my fitbit. I really like the way it "noticed" I was gardening yesterday and credited me with the calories burned. Today I had to attend some computer training and I got those little reminders when I had been sitting too long; I used that as a motivator to fill my water bottle or use the bathroom.

Welcome to Horsechick! I second everything Jennifer said.

Debbie, I hope the snow melts quickly. Just south of me there were some major thunderstorms last night including large hail. I am glad we just got rain.

Have a good one, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote