South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:21 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Weekly Chat May 1-5

Good morning and welcome to a new month!

Rabbit rabbit rabbit!

Sorry I have been MIA. Just crazy around here. We had a foot of snow and 15° temperatures here the past few days. It was a real chore getting my vehicle cleaned off yesterday morning for work. Fortunately, it warmed up to almost 45° yesterday and now it's all gone.

Saturday morning I made a phone call to the vet at 8 AM. Kelly had a small sore on her head. It turned out to be a major and expensive production. Both dogs have lice. From daycare. So.....$250 at the vet, $35 for Baths.... Major bed washing and cleaning in the house and some heavy duty thinking about what to do in two weeks when Kirk is off to Alaska. Fortunately, the doggies are feeling much better now and that's all that matters. They go back for a second injection in two weeks and need to be isolated from all other dogs for six weeks total. Fortunately, as well, the bugs are specific to dogs so we and our ailIng kitty are not affected. My neighbors came in for breakfast yesterday and I spoke to them about having them come over my workdays and letting the pups out for a while. They said no problem as they are always out in the yard with their Young grandson they watch during the day. It seems like everything has worked out.

I have three more days of my work cycle then one day to prepare for Kirk's daughter's arrival. She brings her service dog and it's already discussed that he has to be treated before he comes. We haven't made any big plans yet.

I guess my brain is a bit scattered. It must be because it's the middle of the night. Actually, it will be time to get up soon. I work the early shift today and tomorrow.

Have a great start to your week everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie and chicks to come. WOW I didn't even know dogs could get lice. Poor pups!!! You certainly have a lot to deal with! Glad your neighbors are going to help. How long is Kirks' DD visiting? Is this the same daughter you've mentioned before? Hope work goes smoothly for you. Thanks for remembering rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!

Lots of little to do's on today's agenda. Need to stay focused and organized as I leave Tuesday the 9th for the ride. Lots of list making going on. It's dreary here and damp but I'll still go for my ride. The bike will get a much needed bath after today's ride.

Time for one more cup, then let the day begin!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy May! On my second cup and about to electronically file the second last tax return - today is the deadline. The last return has a small error to correct and it'll be outta here. Remind me to not take on extra work next tax season.

Debbie, so glad you headed off the lice infection at the pass! I know you don't need extra stress right now. Great that the neighbours will be able to do potty duty when you are at work.

Jennifer, good for you going for your usual ride. It's pouring rain and chilly here - not May-like at all!

Did OK foodwise over the weekend but then ... some friends dropped in last night just as Bruce was leaving and we ended up having a good old Newfoundland "kitchen party" which went on until after one p.m. The salty snacks and some beer sure did a number on the weightloss plans. It sure was fun but ... My throat is a tad sore from singing this morning so I plan a quiet day!

Enjoy the first day of this usually glorious month.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy May Chicks! DH took the kids to school so right now, I'm just enjoying my cup of coffee I didn't meal plan yesterday, so I will be doing that this morning. At noon I need to take DH to the airport and then will go grocery shopping.

Today is another hot day here in FL, DS2 has swim team in the afternoon and hopefully I will go to the gym while he is in the pool. My plan is just to do the elliptical and light weights until I see the orthopedic next week. I really need to go back to exercising.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am at work already, had to leave extra early to take an alternate route as my normal route was closed due to flooding. The rain finally stopped late last night, it's crazy the amount of rain we got, almost needed to build an ark.

I have lots to do at work today.

Debbie wow glad you got a handle on the doggie situation.

Jekel enjoy your ride today

Ruth sounds like you had a blast last night

Isla enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good afternoon from Philadelphia all.

Train ride was uneventful but lots of protests by my hotel made it eventful getting in. Had my first taste of whole wheat in 14 days and immediately reacted to it But I lost 6.5 pounds on Ph1 so I am happy. Gotta go update the ticket.

Debbie - did you mention it to the doggie daycare? They should help those costs, no?
Pearl - yikes on the flooding! Hope tomorrow is easier to get in.

Have a good one...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

We do not have spring weather here at all: 50* and pouring Yucky and it looks like most of the week will be this way. So much for those sandals I dug out this weekend in anticipation of spring! I may need rain boots instead.

Jenne, good job on P1! It is nice to have the scale move down.

Debbie, sorry to hear about the doggage but it sounds like you have a plan for dealing with it.

Pearlrose, you may need to send me the plans for an ark! Hope you had a good day at work.

Ruth, sounds like there was a little too much fun up there last night. Some of us went to bed so we could get up for work, you know.

Jennifer, hope you had a good ride. You definitely could not have ridden outside here.

Isa, hope you had a productive day.

Happy May Day.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Tuesday, May 2 .... and Looks like North America is drowning. I see rain in the forecast for the next ten days and there is lots of flooding happening already! The sump pump is working hard which is a comfort as I sure don't want to have to deal with a flooded basement with all that's happening around here lately - right now I need to replace the toilet tank innards and my car is still wearing its snow tires. (That's on the schedule for Thursday with doggie annual vet visits tomorrow.)

Today I struggle to finish Bruce's 2016 tax return and get it filed. The accountant who did it last year missed some stuff so it will be subject to a late filing penalty which will cut into his refund. Next year things will be better and I am NOT doing any tax returns except his and mine! (Remind me of that in 2018!)

Wedding stuff is slowly coming together. We go to City Hall next week to get our marriage license and already have the special occasion permit for the reception. Looks like there will be about 75 people for the dinner, about right for the Town Hall. The Church holds about 250 and will probably be packed - would love to invite everyone to the Town Hall but it's just not possible. I am sure most of the Village will be at the service since Bruce has a big fan club. We have two weddings to attend before ours (Bruce is officiant at one!) so we should know the drill by July 8th.

Time to crank up the day. Wishing everyone a good Tuesday!
Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Starting from home, but will be leaving shortly for work, more roads have been closed due to flooding and they are predicting more to close by Thursday. Lots of mandatory evacuations going across the river. Nothing on the agenda for me. I have been eating op so the scale is slowly starting to trend back down.

Jekel forgot to answer a question you asked- this is for DD1 RN position, she was offered a position a week after taking her boards. She will be working for one of my hospitals.

Ruth I only do my immediate family and my parents taxes. Hope it stops raining for you all

Beth I am anxious to pull out spring clothes as well

Jenne way to go on Phase 1! Hope the protestors stay away from where you are

Old 05-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Morning Chicks!

I wake up early than normal today drop the kids at their schools and then went to the gym (second day in a row ) now I'm back at home, need to cook lunch and pay bills. This afternoon I don't have much to do, I might dust my crochet project and work on that, I need to keep myself busy if I don't want to eat everything in the kitchen.

Jenne, 6.5lbs that is awesome!!

Ruth, I hope the rain stop (send some this way) we are in drought, today is superposed to rain so will see. I'm just afraid of the sink holes that this could drought could bring.

Pearlrose, please stay safe.

Last edited by Muffin; 05-02-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.

Raining again (still) here so I took my sneakers to work and got in my walk before I came home. Other than that, it was just a normal day at work; tonight I need to do a little grading.

Ruth, glad things are coming together for you.

Pearlrose, yay for DD and for the scale moving!

Isa, I also have a hard time not snacking when I am home all day.

Hope everyone had a good day.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Fly-by post. My reminder just popped up re taking the dogs to the vet for their annual today so I'll glug my coffee, grab my credit card and head out.
Oh yes! I need to get dressed!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

This is my extra day at work which may continue indefinitely. The road project is to the front door at our business and we are not sure how it's going to affect things. The past two days have been ok.

We are making every moment count getting stuff done. I hauled trash yesterday in the dark and have gathered recycle to take with me today. Car insurance was due so paid that and fixed a chain DH wants to take to Alaska. Now it's time for coffee before heading out for the day. We got a possible date our road might be paved in front of the house- June 2. It would sure be nice.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Another rainy day just what we need, they are calling for 3 more inches. More interstates keep closing sure will be glad when this week is over. On more positive notes, I made an appt with doctor for tomorrow am to get my forearm checked (hurt it packing everything up last month and still not better), DD2 has her 8th grade dinner dance on Friday.

I am starting from home but will be going in this afternoon for a late meeting (who schedules a meeting that lasts until 5:30 p.m., okay those that start work at 9 a.m. might

Ruth drive safe

Debbie I am sure you will be counting the days until the project is completed.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Sheesh! Just got a notice re a 5 PM meeting next week. One of the committee members is on Township Council and needs to be at Council for 7 PM to vote. It must suck to be her!

Dogs survived the vet visit and are in good shape although I am starting Jazz on glucosamine - should have done that since puppyhood. They also have the monthly tick stuff and Millie has some cream for an eye thingie. $500 later ... and we are good to go once I get them their township licences.

Bruce and I did out monthly fish and chips date last night but the scale stayed solid. Tonight I'll do chicken and salad to balance things out. I still have not tried on my wedding stuff but am pretty sure it'll be OK. Have to watch myself at the two upcoming weddings though.

Take good care of yourselves, Ladies.