South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon a quick check in from work.....Jenne great job on P1!....Pearlrose congratulations to DD1 get a job so quickly, hope DD2 enjoys this dance....Debbie I didn't realize you have a business. Hope the road project doesn't effect it....Ruth ouch big vet bill!....Beth / Pearlrose we are getting the rain later in the week. Hopefully not too severe.

Not much going on here. Status quo is fine by me. Tomorrow will be hectic, meeting at HQ at 10, Special Olympics Torch Run in the afternoon (I cheer our runners on) and a retirement dinner in the Bronx. Truthfully I just wish I could go home and take a nap!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:32 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Off to get tires changed and it's lousy timing! We are heading into a five day cold snap with close to freezing temps and snow expected in some places! I may just hibernate until next week. A local greenhouse is having a huge open house and sale on Saturday which may drag me out. On the other hand ...

You chicks who are sticking to the program really make me feel guilty. Never get a fiance who can eat like a horse, wants pie for dinner daily and never gains an ounce. I may have to "disinvite" him for dinner which is becoming a regular thing!

Have a good Thursday.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I had a doctor visit first thing this morning for my forearm, they did xrays today and I am scheduled for MRI on the 22nd. They gave me topical pain reliver in the meantime. Hopefully, it's nothing major but it was my primary hand which is important OMG more rain yesterday and today and it is only in the 40's remind me again what month we are in. I actually had to turn the heat on in the house it was below 60 degrees and couldn't take it anymore. I really hope we have a long spell of dry, my friends in Florida are desperate for rain, they can have some of ours. DD2 will be going to do art after school and we have tickets to see Guardian of the Galaxy 2 this evening.

Ruth mother nature is not happy with us. Sounds like your Finance is like my DH except it has gone to DH's waist that is for sure, but doesn't stop him.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

I thought I had posted yesterday, but I didn't Today and yesterday I was very busy running errands. I had to cancel yesterday and today's swim team training for DS2 because of school meetings/performances. DS2 wasn't happy about not training but excited about his performance. DS1 received an invitation for a calculus project during the 1st week of June, I thought he was going to say no because of Summer vacation but he was very excited about it. He really loves school Next year he will be in 8th grade and he will be taking Geometry honors, so I guess this Calculus project will be beneficial to him.

This past two days my eating has been not good, but not too bad. I had planed on doing a phase 1.5, but I failed to prepared food on time so yesterday I bought for the kids fried chicken tenders and I ate 3 with store bought coleslaw Today I failed to defrost the chicken breast and I ended up baking fish fillets, so when we get home from the performance I would only have to reheat and serve. I need to go and check on DS2 to make sure he is ready, we need to leave in a few minutes.

Pearlrose, I hope the MRI doesn't show anything too bad. I hope the movie is good. DH and DS2 can't wait to go see it, we might go during the weekend.

Ruth, don't you hate that, and you just gain weight by looking or smelling the food Please stay warm.

Jennifer, I hope everything went as planned today and you were able to relax a bit.

Have a good evening everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 5"

We had a break in the rain today so I got to walk outside after work. Hooray! It is going to start up again this evening and it looks like it will last for a week; Ruth, there is a chance of flurries here too. Wouldn't be the first time it snowed in May but luckily it is a rare occurrence.

Other than that, it's same old- same old, which is okay with me. I had a very productive day at work which is always gratifying.

Pearlrose, hope they can figure out your arm pain! DH has made a fire in the woodstove 2 out of the last 3 nights to take off the chill.

Ruth, all of my "boys" can eat like crazy; I have to remember not to try to match their speed or quantity.

Isa, I hate those days when I don't have a plan for dinner!! DH is pretty easygoing but it makes it hard to avoid the junk (off-plan) food. I really strive to think of 3-4 meals on Sunday and make sure I have the ingredients on hand.

Jennifer, hope you had a good day!

Debbie, you must be SO ready for the project's end.

DH wants to go out tonight so I will do my best to make good choices.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Every Beacher! The dogs went two feet out on the deck, did their a.m. pee and came back in immediately, soaked to the skin and begging for a towel rubdown instead of a treat! The sump pump is already chugging away and I sure hope the power stays on since I don't think it's on the generator circuit. Anyhow, my car will be well washed!

Lots going on this weekend as Bruce's daughter has mobilized his kids and grans to start sorting and packing up his apartment/studio on Sunday. Originally he was going to keep paying the rental and use it for music, counselling, etc. but now has decided to divest himself of the worry. Suits me but there is a lot of sorting and ditch or keep decisions to be made. I don't think the man has thrown out a single piece of paper in his life. He still has his Grade 1 report cards plus every piece of music he has ever written - some on scraps of paper! It will be an interesting weekend. The kids chose Sunday morning to start and B. is going to skip church so her can be there to supervise! I am supplying lunch (sausage and pepper sammies) and will stock up on Scotch.

Time to mobilize and tackle this very drippy day. Looks like we are in for a week of mega-rain. I'm waiting for geese to be spotted swimming in the dogyard.

Have a good day!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Omg the sun is shining here. It's a bit windy but that should help with drying up things, most of the roads have re-opened but the ground is definitely soggy. I have tons of conference calls today and tonight is DD2 8th grade dinner dance, she is so excited. I can't go with her and DD1 to get their nails done but will take DD2 to get her hair done at 4 p.m.

Gotta run 8 a.m. call starting in a couple of minutes

Have a great day everyone@
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning, we finally got so much needed rain, it is supposed to rain on and off until 4pm. I just dropped off the kids at school and now I'm back at home to wash the bathrooms and do laundry. No gym for me today, my knee pain flare up again and I'm afraid that I would do more damage than good, so I'm just going to stick to walking until I see the orthopedic next Tuesday. DH flights back home today and I need to fetch him at 4:30pm, that is pretty much in the agenda for me... I really need to get me a friend or find me a hobby outside of the house, this SAHM thing is growing on me LOL.

Have a good day everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello all!

I'm back! I went to Wilmington for a conference, which went well. Lots of driving, lots of standing around, lots and lots of talking. I didn't even think about staying on plan. And it showed, I'm up 3 lbs. However I got home and got right back to it. I'm now at the point where I'm thinking, I've lost 40 lbs, I'm not on a timetable, if I'm out of town and I have to just eat what's given to me, or I choose to have a dessert with dinner the world won't come to an end.

I'm sick of the oatmeal, so now I'm eating eggs, turkey bacon and yogurt again for breakfast. We made the week's menu and went grocery shopping yesterday. Today for lunch I did chicken over spinach and arugula and I bought a really yummy salad dressing - avocado and cilantro - it kind of tastes like that dip in the first book you put on the rolled ham. And it's only 40 calories.

I'm really enjoying the spinning. Hubby just figured out how to get it to stream to the tv. I made it 45 minutes today. I'm following along with the Peloton app which is a studio in NY that live streams classes as well as has them on demand. When it gets too much I just lower the resistance and pedal until I can join in again. Luckily no one can see me! But boy does my butt hurt from the seat! I ordered some shorts with pads in them, we'll see if it helps.

Tomorrow starts my weight training. Hubby bought this weight/pulley machine that can do all sorts of stuff. I have never really done any kind of lifting so this should be interesting.

Hope everyone is doing well!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Amy the shorts will make a huge difference!!!!

Sorry chicks the week got away from me (what else is new) A few meetings in the city, plus a retirement party and TOM equals one cranky chick.......but then I got to see this.......my "soldier in training" Second from the front
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0373.jpg (30.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by jekel383; 05-05-2017 at 04:04 PM.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 5"

Awesome pic, Jennifer! We miss you when you aren't around but we know how life is.

Amy, you are right; this is supposed to be a long term way of life which means figuring out how to eat over the long haul. I'm still struggling with finding balance but when I look at all the other times in my life I lost and then regained weight, This is the longest maintenance I've ever done. Yes, I blip up a few pounds, especially around holidays, but I know how to move the scale back down and I am sure I am eating healthier than ever before.

Pearlrose, since I only had boys I missed out on the "girlie side" of school events. Hope I get a DIL or grand daughter at some point to share with!

Rainy, rainy, rainy here. Looks like inside exercise for the next week. I'm looking forward to seeing the sun again.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote