South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-24-2016, 08:58 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

We are celebrating Thanksgiving with another snow fall; light and fluffy rather than the freezing rain Ruth seems to be getting. The forecast for the weekend includes a warm up but also the chance of rain; it will be interesting to see how much melt we get.

But today will be a relaxing day of turkey dinner and maybe a book. I will also enlist DS1's help to bring the Christmas decorations down from the attic.

Ruth, enjoy your jammie day.

Have a great day all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tammy, it changed to snow just after I came in from trash lugging. I am still in the Jammies.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

... some American Beacher wants to meet me at the Bridge and hand over the turkey carcass. I'll buy you a coffee and then high-tail it home to make turkey soup.

Actually yesterday was another relaxing day - feeling better is my current project. I did get all my baking ingredients out of the freezer and discovered the labels had fallen off! I am about to sit at the table with a coffee and do the taste test. Can you tell the difference between biscuit mix and flour? Flour and icing sugar is easy but ... I think I need a visit from Gordon Ramsay. I see another trip to bulk barn if I am to bake goodies to send out to Nanaimo.

What's ahead for your Black Friday? Based on the recent TV ads, all of Canada will be shopping. We are such copy-cats! My friend Doug is coming over to collect some mags I've been saving for him and I may take a run to he next town to get some salad fixings for lunch tomorrow with the cousins and perhaps make my mega=Christmas lists - gifts, goodies and special things.

I am NOT in my jammies which is a good thing!

Whatever you do, make it count,
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning and sorry, Ruth. My turkey carcass went into the soup pot last night and now the picked over bones are waiting for the garbage man. (so convenient that the trash is a day late this week; perfect timing so that I am not stuck with the bones all week.)

I am not shopping in stores today; perhaps I will browse online. Other than that I have few plans other than ignoring the leftover pie! Lucky for me DS1 will make short work of it.

Ruth, good luck with the freezer dilemma!

To the other chicks who are traveling, enjoy your day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:00 PM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

Ive missed you all the past few days. We had a nice holiday although a bit complex with my mom. She was ready to come home so we traveled this morning. Enroute s tenant called who had no water. I had to get right on that. Problem fixed now it is nap time then go down for more soil. We start back digging tomorrow. I can't believe it's the weekend coming again.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote