South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Last Full Week of August

Good Monday morning, Chickies! Time to get clucking.

Woke at 4 this a.m. because I was actually cold. Its been so long, I didn't recognize the feeling but instinct kicked in and I grabbed another quilt. It will warm up a bit later today but looks like we are in for some cooler nights which is a relief!

The week from **** is ahead of me as we manage the Mill without staff. Labour Day and closing up can't come fast enough for me! On Wednesday, we have a two busload tour from the School for the Deaf which will be a real challenge. They will have interpreters but..... very glad we have excellent signage for our displays. I have a Fair Board meeting that night but will just send a report since I'll be suffering brain strain from trying to remember my smattering of ASL to communicate.

So ... time for another coffee and do some meal planning for the week. I suspect I'll need to do a grocery run today - the dogs are running out of treats. They have been alone too much lately and I've been overcompensating. I also need to visit the booze store as I'm committed to making my run cake for John's annual "Farewell Summer" BBQ on Saturday.

On we go with Monday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth thanks for starting us off. Try checking you tube you may find some ASL videos to jog your memory. Sounds like you had a great time at the dinner and another whirlwind week ahead. Glad your generator worked at intended.

Pearlrose you are a good mom!!! I don't know if I could tolerate screaming teenagers anymore lol. DD2 will always remember these times. Funny my mom never took me to a concert. Maybe I'll convince her too LOL. My first concert was the B52's at Jones Beach. I remember having to find a pay phone to check in when we got there and call when we were on our way home. It was a BIG deal being allowed to drive that far from home.

Beth bet you are sad to see summer go. Glad you had some time with DS home for a bit. Soon we will be seeing school buses here. I always enjoyed the first day of school as a child and more so as a parent. I actually miss it.

Debbie you certainly accomplished a lot this summer with DH away. It will be nice to have home home for awhile. How is mom feeling? I wear compression socks too so I can appreciate the challenge you must go through helping your mom with them. My mom wears them too. Luckily we are the same size and mine are covered 100% through my health insurance. I get 8 pair every 6 months. I split the order with her as they are quite expensive!

Nothing thrilling here just going through the motions. Joe's house is starting to look more like a home each day. They haven't slept there yet as they have not brought clothes over to the new house. The house will not be completely finished ever lol. There are so many projects he wants to do but the money isn't there. He has a a hard time accepting things not being perfect or finished. Me on the other hand has really learned to just go with the flow.

Today is just housework, errands, food prep and a late afternoon ride kind of day. Enjoy whatever the day brings you.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

A cooler temperature day here as well, before we get back to summer weather later this week. Today I take my car in for a quick service appointment; other than that I think it might be a cleaning type of day. I also need to do some meal planning; too many summer indulgences are showing on the scale.

Jennifer, glad Joe's house is almost ready; I understand the perfectionist who is never quite satisfied but hopefully he will be happy with the progress. I think I have talked to DS2 more in the last week than in the previous month as I field questions about cooking and house issues! Enjoy your ride!

Ruth, I sympathize with your situation but I'm not ready for the summer to end yet! I am trying to savor this week and I will be pretty much working all of next week with planning, set up and professional development.

Debbie, sounds like you have your food choices under control. Have a good day!

Pearlrose, how did DD's first week of school go? What grade is she?

Ok, time for coffee and a shower, then a chore list.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I woke up expecting to be quite sore but not too bad, took 8 hours to power wash the house- the north side had lots of mildew to deal with and it's a 2 story house so needed to move ladders as well to reach 2nd floor. It looks pretty now lol. Woke up this morning to 59 degrees, I went for a walk outside probably needed a light jacket but not too bad. WFH day for me.

Ruth glad you had a good time last night and time will fly by and it will be Labour day before you know it.

Jekel you think your mom will go with you to a concert DD1 sometimes wear compression socks since she is on her feet all night when she works.

Beth DD2 is now in 8th grade, hard for me to believe. First week went well and she is settling into routine. Enjoy the last of your summer.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #5  

Morning, chicks!

I had a productive day yesterday; got the house cleaned, the tires on my car rotated, some laundry and took a walk. It was cool, only about 70* for a high, so I turned on the oven and made 2 pans of tacobake. One will go into the freezer for a ready meal on a school night.

Today we have sunny and a tad warmer so I am going to spend the morning in the flower beds. I have some perennials that need to be divided and rearranged, plus I will start cutting down spent flowers.

Tonight we go for a dinner with some friends.

Happy Tuesday, chicks!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:43 AM   #6  

Good morning,

Yesterday went for another walk in the evening since it was so lovely, DD1 and our dog went along. This morning got in yoga and quick 1 mile walk in before work. WFH today for me though I have lots of conference calls and I have a dentist check up at 4 p.m. Nothing else on the agenda.

Beth I do love the Taco Bake, might need to go get the ingredients to make some.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning!

Chilly out here but going to warm up a bit later. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the fall-ish weather. I don't think I have anything on my schedule today so will start some catch-up tasks like laundry, binding yet another quilt and making soup or stew with odds and ends in the fridge. No need to go to the Mill today unless I'm called. Anna is training some new volunteers to give tours - a bit late in the year IMHO!

We'll see what the day brings. I do know I need to do a report for tomorrow night's Fair Board meeting but not much changed this year so I can cheat a bit and just alter the stats to reflect current reality. I will be working at the Mill all day tomorrow and will spare myself a boring evening meeting. I still need to put the prize money into envelopes and deliver the entries back to the schools but won't be doing that until the middle of next month.

The grass is actually turning green after our rain. I hope we get lots more before we go into the winter.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Yesterday sort of fell apart and now I have the sniffles. Another coffee and a boot in the butt may help. Back later!
.................................................. .................................................. .
Now it's later. I found some cold capsules and have had a second coffee - life is sometimes better with drugs! I'm sure I'll be able to cope with today although yesterday was a dead loss. I did get soup stock started and a potato salad made and then friend Ernie dropped in. I should know better than to start cooking projects before getting dressed! He was still here at noon when the yard man came and asked him to move his car. I've no idea what he thought when I opened the door still in my PJs.

Today I am guiding at the Mill for most of the day and am hoping we aren't busy so I can get the Fair report done and send it off. There is no way I want to sit and listen to the other ten Directors read us their rambling reports. "Jist git 'er done!" We have had lots of visitors at the Mill lately so the report may not happen but I really am looking forward to September 6 when we are closed except for planned tours booked ahead!

Hey, it's Hump Day! Hit it running!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #9  

Good morning,

It was a bit humid on my walk this morning, looks like more rain today. I am wfh today with just 2 conference calls, need to start working on my projects. I fell asleep early last night, since I woke up super early yesterday stressing over DD1 taking her state boards, we will find out tomorrow if she passed or not.

Ruth I can picture the scene now, never fails if you don't change clothes someone comes lol. Hope you are able to nip that cold in the bud.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #10  

Pearlrose, I am off to take a walk soon. Yesterday was beautiful; sunny and less humidity. I spent the whole morning dividing and moving flowers but then went out and bought a hydrangea that needs to be planted.

Ruth, hope the day goes smoothly!

Happy Hump Day, chicks!
Old 08-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick fly by from the train....

Pearlrose keeping my fingers crossed for DD1

Ruth feel better

Beth it was gorgeous yesterday here too. Got a ride in after work which was great.

My mom had a little health scare yesterday and ended up in the ER. Apparently she has not been "going" and had severe weakness, clammy skin and became dehydrated. She is home now resting. So hard being so far away. My step dad isn't the best with relaying info. My nerves were only subsided after I spoke with her last night.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Thursday after a horrible Wednesday but wonderful Michelle comes to clean later this morning. I'll need to scurry around and do some tidying and also haul the trash to the curb shortly.

I am not going near the Mill at all today and may not even answer the phone. Sure glad I skipped the Fair Board meting last night as there was some nastiness which would have put me right over the edge.

Anyhow ... it's a brand new day and the calendar is clear except for Michelle and she is a pleasant experience for Thankful Thursday.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work today, have lots of meetings on my schedule today. We find out this afternoon if DD1 passed, I really hope she did....

Old 08-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #14  

Pearlrose, saying a prayer for DD1!! It is hard waiting for results. Hope work goes well.

Ruth, be sure to let us know if you succeed in hiding all day...I find myself skeptical that you will manage but.....

Jennifer, glad you mom is doing better. It is so hard watching our parents age.

Debbie, have a good day!

I'm off to shop for a washer with DH. Ours has recently decided it doesn't want to work anymore and I don't think I can live long without it!
Old 08-26-2016, 07:25 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from the summer that seems to never end! I sure hope I can remember this in January. Will we have snow?

Yesterday was a peaceful day and I avoided the Mill completely. As a National Historic Site, we have to be open every day until after Labour Day. So we grit our teeth, bear it and do what has to be done. Anyhow, most of Wednesday's problems have been resolved and I don't need to go back there until I pick up and deliver the bread for ten tomorrow morning. We're in the home stretch.

Michelle came for four hours yesterday and did her usual immaculate job of cleaning. I am so very lucky to have her. I did deskwork while she was here and am all caught up on bills and reports.

This morning I plan to make that rum cake for Rob and John's BBQ tomorrow. John has about 100 people at this annual event and it's always fun, probably because of the assortment he invites. and corn. He has a huge tent set up on his back lawn, everyone brings something to eat and drink and John and Rob grill burgers, dogs and corn. The leftovers go to the Kingston "soup" kichen. This will be a bittersweet day because Rob's cancer has returned and the future is uncertain.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.