South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the weekend! August 6 & 7

Good Saturday morning and the coffee is ready. Despite the promises from the Weather Liar, there was not a drop of rain overnight and none in sight for at least a week. It may be a tad cooler though. (Yesterday the forecast was for rain both weekend days. Where do the get this stuff?)

Yesterday was a bit of a lost day but I now have a functioning washer. Getting the guestroom beds done has to happen soon as does putting that chicken into the sauce to marinate for the day. I also definitely need to do my kitchen floor since moving out the washer and supply cabinet sort of screwed things up. I swear there was dog hair under there from three dogs ago.

I'm off to pick up the bread order for the Mill and hope to be able to come home right after that to tackle the getting it together for company routine. It's a milling day so I probably will need to be back there by 1.

What's on for your weekend? I'm aiming for a balance of work and fun!
Old 08-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this weekend! I'm glad your washer is finally fixed. It sure Simplifies life.

I'm sitting outside sipping coffee and thinking about the day. I wish I could go to Home Depot this morning but with traffic to the mountains it's a 15 minute drive over and an hour and a half back. Too frustrating. So I guess my plan is to try to work in the yard since it's really Gone downhill with all the roofing projects. Grass is soaking wet and I have until 10 o'clock for it to dry and get it mowed otherwise it's supposed to rain again. I spent several hours in the office this morning getting paperwork totally sorted and filed. With all these projects I had little piles everywhere. So that's my totally exciting day. LOL. Back to work tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-06-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got my yoga and breakfast already accomplished for today. Not sure what is on the agenda today, pedi's or a movie. I need to drop DD2 off at a sleepover this afternoon and DH has tickets to go see a tribute to Led Zeppelin, I really do not want to go to that so hoping DH got a friend to go with. It was rainy here this morning, the high is only supposed to be in the 80s we shall see.

Ruth glad that the washer is fixed, I am always amazed at how much pet hair I pick up in the vacuum and I vacuum every couple of days.

Debbie your auto correct cracked me up this morning Ruth- Bruce haha gotta love auto correct, it is always doing me in. Glad that they were able to get all of the asphalt off your hands and whewhoo for no drips.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 08-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Debbie, did you post from your phone? I think autocorrect gave Ruth a new nickname! Hope you get the lawn mowed. You should see the piles in my basement family room right now! DH has been painting the walls and everything is heaped in the center.

Ruth, you must be so relieved to have your washer back!! That bread run sounds so tempting....

We did get some rain overnight with the t-storms (and lost power for about an hour) which means I don't have to water the garden today. Not sure what is on the agenda today other than I think I need to get a few groceries. Oh and I'd better make that triple groceries since DS2 comes home from his camp job today!

Time for coffee.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ha ha Beth and Rose! Thanks for the heads up. Will change.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-06-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Supper check in today. I started my day super early to barking dogs! However, I was dreaming because they were sound asleep when I came down stairs! At least I got an early start on my to do list. I grilled a spaghetti squash, an assortment of peppers and hot Italian turkey sausage all before 9 am. Tossed them all together for an OP version of sausage and peppers, so good! Managed to get my veggies and salads prepped for the week. Laundry all caught up and a quick vacuum too. Spent some quality time cleaning my bike as today I rest up for tomorrow. Luckily the humidity is supposed to break tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Ruth when I moved my bed, it's a platform bed, I couldn't believe the dog hair. Neither dog has slept upstairs in years. It was like a thing rug under the bed! Glad your washer is up and running. To me a washer and dryer is a necessity not a luxury.

Pearlrose, hope you get out of the concert. Wouldn't be my first choice either lol.

Debbie hope you got your grass cut during the rain free window.. Great job on getting the roof done too!

Beth how many years does DS2 have left in college? You might want to hide some food. He might be coming home ravenous from camp lol.

I don't think I will be here tomorrow. I have to leave at 4 ugh to be at the start by 5:15. I have a feelin someone will be napping on the bus ride back lol. The ride ends in Easthampton. The buses return at 4:30. On a Sunday going west we will sit in traffic. Normally it would take about an hour and a half to get back, but I'm being really optimistic saying 3 hours. Then I still have an hour and 15 min ride to my house without traffic. Jim has doggie duty tomorrow which helps me tremendously!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Last edited by jekel383; 08-06-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:45 AM   #7  

Good morning, chicks!

We currently have cool and a bit cloudy which makes a nice morning temperature. I got up early and made a batch of Kalyn's blueberry muffins. I try not to eat too many but DH loves them and the window for fresh berries is so short! Other than than today will mostly be niggles, I think. I don't seem to have much motivation to clean in the summertime so maybe I should run the vacuum...

Jennifer, thinking of you on your ride today! Hope it is an enjoyable time and the weather cooperates.

Ruth, how's the company?

Pearlrose, did you end up going to the concert? Not my first choice either.

Debbie, I'm guessing you are busy at work this morning!

I'm off to refill my coffee cup. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 08-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Not at work yet. I think I have time for one more cup of coffee.

I got everything accomplished on my list yesterday. My neighbor came and helped me get my four trash cans to the landfill. That gave me a room for weeds and grass. I did get the lawn mowed then took an afternoon nap. My Alaska tenant has been down here for three months. Her father was ill and passed away. She was going to be at a brewery last night and invited anyone to show up. I decided I felt up to it. We had a nice visit.

Best wishes to Jennifer on the ride today.

Beth, hope you get your niggles done. The blueberries sure seem to have a long season

Pearlrose, i'll be sure seems to be hitting the concerts lately. Is it my imagination, or more than usual. LOL

OK, I'm going to go search for more coffee. Have a great day!
Old 08-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice and cool up here too, Beth, and we did get some rain. Sure hope we get more but I see none in the forecast - just more hot days.

Margo and Elaine arrived late afternoon after touring the wineries of Prince Edward county. They are dog people and my two were in their element. Dinner went well but I certainly cooked way too much as usual. I'll be eating chicken for weeks. Since I was on a roll, I also prepped my sausages and peppers dish for the staff at the Mill today. Since my guests are still asleep, I imagine there will be a late breakfast around here - not sausages and peppers but Canadian bacon, eggs and Mill bread for toast!

Now time for another coffee which I may sip on the back deck before the sleeping beauties arise!
Old 08-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a sunny day here and will be in the 80s so much nicer than last week. I got the concerts mixed up and he is going to that one on Tuesday, tonight he is going to Brad Paisley and I am going to bow out of that one as we are going to see Gwen Stefani on Wednesday and I cannot handle that many late nights when I have early morning wake ups for work.

I need to go pick up DD2 from her sleep over and then pick up some stuff I forgot when I went to get groceries yesterday. The scale is moving again so I am happy and staying op.

Beth I have decided to really try and stay op this month so trying to make even op treats as I tend to overindulge in them

Debbie it's not your imagination in the summertime the concerts definitely pick up around here and we have been getting free tickets but as I told my DH you only get the ones that you want to see not just because they are available haha but he likes going so he can go and I will pick and choose.

Jekel tomorrow sounds like it will be a busy day, I will keep my fingers crossed that humidity breaks today. I watched most of the Olympic bike race yesterday, amazing how many miles they raced, I did not get to see who won though as it was a 5 hour race and we left the house.

Ruth glad you had a good time with your guests

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #11  

Debbie, we have 4 different varieties of blueberries and the time each ripens is staggered. I don't understand the combination of weather or whatever it is that makes a good harvest from a bad one. This year we have had 4-5 weeks of prolific berries (about 12 quarts); last year we had about 2 handfuls total.

Jennifer, DS2 is halfway through; he will be a junior this year.
Closed Thread