South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-22-2016, 06:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Coffee - Hot and Humid!

Another scorcher ahead with threat of 'severe' t-storms ... typical Delta Fair weather. I am leaving shortly to take my crockpot of stew over to the office. Art will heat some in the micro for his traditional Fair breakfast and the rest will just stay warm until the noon rush of directors and volunteers.

Slept badly last night since I was very aware of my aches and pains - shoulder, toes and knees. I think I need a complete body renovation. Tylenol is my friend lately. Did get to the doc yesterday and am scheduled for an ultra-sound and then physio. The treadmill accident happened April 13 and it's time to feel better.o

Sharon, the new Mill Treasurer, is coming at ten to pick up the last of the current Mill financial paperwork. We still have not received the word from the bank to get her signature added so I will have to deal with a few outstanding bills. Staff payday is not for another week so we're hoping it's done by then.

On another note, I have decided to give up being team-leader for Therapeutic Paws. My evaluator is retiring for health reasons and the current group of applicants are spread all over the two counties. Visiting with Jazz weekly is fun but I do not want to be in charge of monitoring 15 new handlers in such a huge area. After they qualify, there have to be three monitored visits before they can visit on their own. I do have to write a difficult letter to the Boss who is also the founder - next week, not this week.

Time to get it in gear and crank up the day. The AC just turned on so it must be hot out there. Yick!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and chicks to come. The AC is cranking away here too. Cutting back on being "in charge" is a good thing. This way, like with the Mill, you are still enjoying what you do without all the added pressure. You've worked long and hard at so many things. Take the time to enjoy your volunteer work, without all the added work. I might did put the crockpot over the weekend and make something easy for next week. The freezer is bare and this girl has to eat lol.

I have an outdoor meeting today with a NYC DOT rep. It will probably be cooler outside than in Penn. lol. My potted veggies were a bust this year. Oh well, I probably should have watered them lol. Oopsie. Food has been OP and my weight is slowly creeping downward. Maybe a break in the humidity might give the water whoosh I'm hoping for lol.

Stay cool if you can.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Twas a busy day yesterday. We started bright and early on my mom's roof and got it finished. It got way too hot the day before. Lowes showed up in the middle to deliver my new gas range which my neighbor, the plumber, was going to hook up in the evening. So once we got done with the roofing we finished installing the new range hood. Then it was time to take the dog to the chiropractor, hit the pool, hook up the gas and call it a night. Today looks to be busy too as we have some cleanup work to do, pick raspberries and I need to be back to work on the other side tomorrow. I'm hoping my chiropractor will be in this afternoon as I really need a little bodywork myself.

Jennifer, I hope it isn't too hot for your meeting. Glad to hear the scale is already moving down. Today is my last unstructured day and I'm getting back serious again. There are a lot of things don't feel as good on the scale starts moving up. Fortunately, I know that catching it early it is the road to success.

Ruth, glad to get into see the doctor. I hope he has mentors for you. Jesus, for making a decision with the pet therapy group. It's so hard to do, but if some of us don't then nobody else ever steps up.

I'm going to enjoy a little more coffee before I pick some raspberries. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to rainy day so did my walking indoors this morning. Hit the bed super early and feel so much better this morning. It's going to be another scorcher today as well as the rest of the weekend.

Ruth glad you went to the doctor and are getting checked out. It is liberating to let go of somethings.

Jekel hope you stay cool today

Debbie glad you got the roof done, I am thinking I need to powerwash the deck and siding of the house and clean out gutters but it is too hot this weekend so I will wait

Have a wonderful day
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.
Took my walk first thing this morning; it was very humid and heating up already. I have some laundry in the machine and hope to get it out on the line between t-storms.

Jennifer, my weight is up this week as well. Not sure if it is hormones, general bloat or all the berries this week. Try to stay cool and be safe.

Debbie, you are a whirlwind of activity!

Pearlrose, I can't stay up late either. Wipes me out the next day.

Ruth, hope you enjoy your new free time and having more control over how involved you are.

TGIF.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote