South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 05:05 PM   #1  

Question Phase 2 questions, starting today!

I have just finished P1 and lost 5 pounds. I still have 10 to go and am planning on losing them slowly on P2. I have a few questions though about P2. Mostly about Bread, Tortillas, and Cereal. I see the cereals listed in the book but I am wondering if anyone knows of any other ones we can have or what we are supposed to be looking for when it comes to looking for a good one to eat. I get a bit confused about the fiber, sugar, and carbs.

I have been looking at a bunch of different kinds of bread that are whole grain and am also wondering how to pick the best bread to eat.

I used to get the La Tortilla Factory tortillas that are wheat and lower in carbs and sugar. Would these be OK on P2?

I also see Pita on the list and am not that familiar with it. Is that the bread that is open and you can put stuff in it? Or does he mean the flat type of bread that you usually get with hummus at a greek restaurant?

OK as if I haven't asked enough questions already, I remember reading something in the book about Sourdough bread. Can we have that on P2? Or should I wait until P3?

Sorry to ask so many questions, it just seems like parts of the book anre kind of vague and I want to make sure I am doing P2 correctly so I continue to lose.

Thanks again!
Heidi
Old 08-26-2003, 05:12 AM   #2  

The breads I use for phase 2 are multigrain and wholewheat. You can have sourdough too in phase 2. Pita is the flat bread which you can open into a pocket, choose the wholewheat variety.

I'm not sure about the LA tortillas, if they are wholewheat they sound okay.

Look for a cereal which is high in fibre and low in sugar.
I know some people who like Uncle Sams cereal and say it is good for SBD phase 2. (Unfortunately I can't get it as I live in the U.K.) I've been buying All-Bran, Bran flakes and oatmeal (not instant).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:03 PM   #3  

Pacificblue,

Thanks so much for the info! I will go check out what they have at the store near me. I have never seen the Uncle Sam's cereal so I may have to go with the oatmeal or Bran cereal.

Thanks again!

Heidi
Old 08-26-2003, 04:36 PM   #4  

I had never heard of Uncle Sam's cereal until I started SBD, but I was able to find it at The Fresh Market and a Harris Teeter Grocery store. I'm in the south so you might not have those stores in your area.

I really like the Uncle Sam and it has 10 grams of fiber per serving which really keeps me full for a while. I add a little Splenda for sweetness. Good stuff.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:01 PM   #5  
Imagine...

Good to know it tastes good. I never tried uncle sams....was always afraid of the taste. Sometimes its just not worth the money, to have to just throw it out all the time.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:15 PM   #6  

I will look for the Sam's cereal but I am in Seattle and I have never seen it so I am thinking we don't have it here. Could someone tell me what the nutritional info is such as calories, carbs, sugar, etc?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2003, 05:41 PM   #7  

Hi, Here is a link for Uncle Sams cereal. Click on the cereal box for nutritional info. The site also has a store locater but I didn't see Seattle on it.

http://www.usmillsinc.com/usmills/search.php?brand=5
Old 08-26-2003, 09:52 PM   #8  

Good job on the loss Summergirl and it looks like everything you want to add in is fine ... sourdough bread is also a go on Phase 2...

I live in Rhode Island and they sell Uncle Sams in Shaws ... I eat it occasionally with equal and blueberries ... it works for a crunchy/sweet craving ...
Closed Thread