South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #1  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default the South Beach Diet Site?

I went to the South Beach Diet site yesterday and it said it was no longer taking new subscribers. That sounds as though the site is no longer really active. I wondered if anyone knew when that happened?

Also, I went to Amazon and did a search for South Beach Journals. There are a few used ones (???) but the only new ones -- and there were at least 10 -- were priced at $559.99. So if any of you have an old journal lying around, you might be able to make some money!

At any rate, it seems as though the South Beach Diet has never become as popular as others. I keep returning to it because it really does seem to be the way we should be eating -- not cutting out this or that, or looking for extremely quick weight loss -- but for me, at any rate, retraining me to eat after years and years of TV dinners. Or perhaps it's just lack of marketing. At any rate, their site looks enticing, but it's not welcoming newcomers.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #2  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Perhaps you know this already...South Beach was purchased by Nutrisystems and they are relaunching in 2017...Here's a WSJ article.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #3  
Xan
serial rejoiner

No, I didn't know! Thanks, SeeMyFeet. That will be good news to some, I'm sure. A bit expensive for me, though.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I will just do the South Beach diet the same way I always have. It will be interesting to see how Nutrisystem uses the South Beach plan, though. I didn't find the South Beach psyched to be very helpful. The one thing I really wanted it to do regarding menu planning it didn't do. I get everything else I need here.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #5  
Xan
serial rejoiner

The only thing I thought might be helpful with the site is the menus (which were the same as the books, as I remember, but they said they were going to add new ones, the last time I cancelled. And the online diary, but I can go back to blogging. I agree, it will be interesting to see how N uses SB. This is cynical, but I just assumed they wanted something else to sell
Old 06-25-2016, 02:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Starting:136lbs Goal:115lbs

Height: 5"2

You have the same name as my brother i though you were him haha
NaturalBeauty17 is offline   Reply With Quote