South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - June 11th and 12th

Good morning! I was hoping for a warm and sunny day for Shirleyanne's celebration but it's not to be. It's only 49 at the moment and showers are predicted until mid-afternoon. Spreading her ashes in the rain will not be part of the programme if that happens.

Thursday's rug disaster was followed by a rum cake disaster on Friday - it fell apart when I took it out of the pan! Grrr! I dashed out for more supplies and finally had a properly baked and glazed cake by bedtime. Bed sure felt good.

So... throw some things in the bag for overnight, water houseplants, do the doggie registration forms, load the car and pick up bread at the Mill and I'm off to the Nation's Capital which is currently dealing with a huge sinkhole smack dab in the centre of the city - far from where I will be.

Have a good weekend. (By the way, I do not intend to have a piece of the darned rum cake!)
Old 06-11-2016, 07:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth. Hope you are safely driving along to Ottawa and arrive with the cake intact and everything you need!

For me, it is a gloomy day with rain predicted so depending on what DH wants to do it will either be clean inside today or make a BJ's run for supplies. With DS1 home this month we go through a lot more food.

But first coffee. And I need to do some breakfast baking like make quiche.

Happy Saturday chicks!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is sunny here and is supposed to get to 95 again. Supposed to be going to get a new sectional sofa this morning, waiting on DS and his friend as he has a truck and then his friend will take our two old sofas for his basement. Hopefully they will not sleep the whole day away.

Ruth hope your drive and everything goes smoothly for you.

Beth it made a huge difference when DS moved out for groceries lol

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-11-2016, 09:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Today is finally our big charity event. After two years of working on this, I just hope it is successful and that every one has a wonderful time. Hopefully I will be too busy to eat much because I don't think the chefs have any planned of South Beach Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon! I didn't get here this morning. Did my usual coffee out on the porch, went to gardening, Kirk showed up from Glenwood then I went up to visit my classmates. It's our 40th reunion this weekend. There's a big dinner tonight but I didn't have a lot of interest since I work at 5:30 in the morning. I am in Denver. I dropped Kirk off at his favorite CD store he's going to pick some music for Alaska. I'm going to go sit in the bookstore next-door and wait for him. See y'all tomorrow
Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning was running crazy the last two days.

Ruth I had a week of oopsies too....lost my clicker for the car....AC installer found it outside on the old unit, him who did that...Spilled coffee down the front of my uniform shirt and one other thing that escapes me at the moment. Did the weather hold out for the service?

Dawn, how was the charity event?

Debbie enjoy the reunion.

Pearlrose new sectional sounds exciting to me!!!

Finally going to ride the Bronx River Parkway today. For the past 40 years it is closed on Sunday's in May, June and September for pedestrians, skaters, cyclists etc. Hope to be back later.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, your bike ride sounds awesome. Enjoy it!

Yesterday was very productive. I cleaned, did laundry, worked out and did the BJ's run. Today we still have clouds and rain so I will make quiche and other breakfast things for the week, then I might just read a book!

But first does anyone need coffee?
Old 06-12-2016, 09:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We did get the sectional yesterday so did rearranging and cleaning and it is all set up now. My girls are happy Today is another sunny and hot day. I am going to try to tackle the weeds before they over take the yard and we may go to the lake for lunch.

Jekel that bike ride sounds great

Debbie when does Kirk go to Alaska?

Beth sounds like you got lots accomplished

Dawn how did the fundraiser go?
Old 06-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning,

I really wish I could explain to my fur baby about sleeping in. I see a lot of coffee and a nap in my future today. The charity event was amazing. We had over a dozen chefs including Iron Chef Morimoto and Chef Duff from Ace of Cakes there, we raised a lot of money and everyone said the food was delicious. Since I never had the chance to sit down and try anything I guess that was a win for staying on plan Thank you jekel383 and pearlrose for asking. It sounds like everyone is having a good and productive weekend.
Closed Thread