South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fun Friday and the last in May :(

Sorry to see this lovely month leave. We have a hot weekend ahead - they keep predicting rain but nothing happens. I think May and July may have swapped positions this week.

Yesterday did not work out as planned - no chairs and tables arrived although the old ones are gone. I did some planting and watering at the Mill but none got done around here. I got home at 3 and it was 90ºF by then. Today I'll close up the house and turn on the AC by noon.

Finally discovered a prepackaged salad I liked! Who knew? It was a sort of slaw mix with chopped kale, other good-for-you greens and a little packet of seeds, nuts and dried fruit. That and asparagus will be my go-to veggie until my garden starts to produce.

Off to do banking and buy three dozen eggs to cook and peel for tomorrow's Ploughman's Lunch. Those chairs and tables had better arrive today or we will be in deep do-do tomorrow when half the County participates in Doors Open.

Enjoy this last Friday and the long weekend for my American pals.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Ruth! We also have a hot weekend forecast; that's good for the people who open their pools this weekend, bad for the kids who have to march in the parade Monday. When I was in high school, I remember a peer fainting while we stood in the sun in the park for the service at parade's end .

We have a busy weekend helping DS1 move apartments. I will try not to complain about the heat since it is better than doing it in the snow!

Ruth, hope the tables arrive. Mother Nature is making us do all the watering this month, isn't she?

Happy Memorial day to everyone and stay cool!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth if they don't arrive, could you spread out table clothes and make it a picnic? Thanks for starting us off on this scorcher of a day. I actually am glad I put my AC in my bedroom yesterday. Since DS isn't hear, I won't lug out the other ones. My next home will have central AC. Hey a girl can dream right lol

Time to get motivated to ride or take a nap.....dogs had me up at 5:30 since I won't get home until well after midnight the nap may win lol.

Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh - that's right, it's a long weekend for us Americans. Oops. My kids were supposed to have off today, but a snow day made them take it away. Since when do they have no padding whatsoever built in? Eh, whatever. Works out great for me, since DH has to work, and I can't drive. LOL...you definitely don't want me driving right now!!

Just kicked DS out the door, and nudged DD awake (for the first time, lets see how many times it takes total...). DD gets to feed the animals in the AM right now, and Emma jean certainly won't let her forget!!

Friends have been bringing us meals, and it has been FAB-YOU-LOUS. DS just took the leftover grilled chicken and a tortilla and taco sauce for his favorite. I didn't even pick on him that there was a bag of mini-oreos in the lunch bag

Nothing exciting otherwise. I could get a list for DH to get some groceries. or DD to make some thank you cookies . She has really turned out to be quite the baker. Her great grandma would be proud of her!

Have a great weekend, y'all!
XOXO
Old 05-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I think we have your rain as it is another rainy day here and should be rainy all weekend as well. As long as it doesn't come with high winds and hail I am not going to complain though Today is another wfh day and I looked at my calender for next week and I don't need to go in at all right now. I do have to pick up my laptop though and give it a good test run again to make sure it will work correctly might swing by tomorrow if we go to St. Louis.

Ruth I sure hope they deliver the table and chairs today. Wow it's 90 up there we are just in the 80s here.

Beth is your DS new job close to home?

Jekel I vote for the nap lol

Tywnn that works out for you that the kiddos have school today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose the nap lost. Rode 22 miles, came home and weighed myself. Did the super duper happy dance as I am under 140!!! Granted I weighed myself three times just to be certain lol. Last night I splurged at dinner and projected I would be up. Guess all my riding before work this week is paying off big time. Then again TOM will show up unannounced and ruin everything!!!! lol
Closed Thread