South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #1  

Default Yogurt

I'm just starting on Phase 3 and I'm wondering about yogurt. I bought some with the nutritional info as follows:
Cal. 130, Fat, 0 g, Carb 19g, sugars 18 g, protein 13 g. I think this is okay, but I'm wondering if someone will agree with me. And, most of the yogurt is either flavored or low fat. What should I be looking for? The sugar account seems high, but I've read that sugars in dairy are okay but fat is not. Is that right?
Basically, I'm looking for something to mix some fruit & flax meal and nuts with to make a filling breakfast.
Thanks.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Go for it!
Sounds just fine to me! Even Phase 2 allows the addition of SF and low fat or FF yoghurt. I buy a kind that is fat free and sweetened with aspartame.
I think there is a breakfast parfait in the SBD book somewhere. (Note to self: keep the SBD book beside the PC!)
Old 08-31-2003, 01:06 PM   #3  

I went in the store with the idea of finding sugar free or low sugar yogurt but couldn't find any labeled as such. Only low or no or full fat. So, I figured the ones with fruits already in them were probably not the best but I couldn't decide if low fat was okay and if I could ignore the sugar grams.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:40 PM   #4  

Dannon Lite & Fit is the one I use ... 10 g sugar in a 6oz cup and they make a 4 oz with less sugar ...

You're right Ruth ... my SBD book should be up here near my computer too !!!
Old 08-31-2003, 02:10 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Check out Walmart super stores. They have a Blue Bunny Yogurt that is low fat sugar free, sweetened with Splenda. Very good. All the blue bunny products i have tried are excellant. They have fudgcicles and a sort of creamsicle that are wonderful, low fat and uses Splenda. Good luck in your search. Ann
Closed Thread