3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Any retirees out there on SBeach plan? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/30864-any-retirees-out-there-sbeach-plan.html)

Lizziepie 08-20-2003 10:39 PM

Any retirees out there on SBeach plan?

Hi: Just curious. Wondered if there are any more retirees out there who are loving the South Beach plan. I have posted now and again here, and love all the support. I have been on the plan for a month now, and have only lost 5 lbs. but that is fine. I'm a former WW lifetime, who had gone over goal weight,and who had stalled in weight loss, so I've become a devotee of the SB since it has really gotten me started again. I am planning to just weigh only on Sat. so have a few days to go to see if the numbers have gone down again. I know age doesn't really matter, as we are all in this together. It is just that metabolism slows as the age increases. So I'm thinking maybe someone else has had some of my experiences. Ann

LADY WINDSONG 08-21-2003 06:19 AM

Ann,

I am 51 and have been on SB for 5 weeks and have lost 11 pounds.

It is harder as we age, but eating healthy is a wonderful new experience.

If I don't lose another pound I know my heart is happy with me.

Lady M :flame:

twodogmom 08-21-2003 06:26 AM

Hi Lizzie, I'm not retired, but some days I wish I was!! :lol: :lol: I do agree with you about metabolism slowing down as we get older! I'm 45, and the weight definitely does come off slower at this age than it did when I was 21.

Ruthxxx 08-21-2003 08:22 AM

Hi Lizzie. I am 64 and have been retired five years. I am busier than I ever was but am doing the things I love.
Yes, it does get more difficult as we age. However, I have been dieting since I was 20 and will never give up. South Beach is finally doing it for me.

chris40 08-21-2003 10:41 AM

Hello everybody, I just started SBD this week and so far I'm doing good. I also started the pool exerizes and then go for 1 hour at the gym. Now, I haven't been very active since I retired and this is not fun, but I need to lose 100 pounds. I just turned 63 last month, so I thought I'd better get off my butt and do something before it is too late. I've lost 4 pounds so far since Monday. I got the audio tape yesterday, but haven't received the book yet. This forum has been a big help to me, as we are all in the same boat and need each other for support. Thank you all

Chris

operadog 08-21-2003 10:47 AM

I'm with Ruthie!!! I've been retired for (almost) five years - semi-retired as I work a few months of the year. I';ve been dieting most of my life AND I refuse to give up too! I'm loving the SBD - that in conjundtion with my (mostly) daily exercise is bringing me great results.

Good to see you here Ann! ~ :grouphug:

Lizziepie 08-21-2003 02:34 PM

Hi all: Thanks for your responses. I think I have been dieting most of my life too, on one plan or another. Metrecal, diet Work Shop , WW, But this time it is different. I don't feel one bit deprived. I am a young 73. Very active here in the retirement park where we live, direct a chorus, active in church, go to Curves 3 times a week, and ride my bike, when it doesn't rain about 5-6 miles. Or my DH and I walk. I have come to the conclusion that one is only as old as you let yourself feel. I know some people ion their thirties who act like they are ninety.:D:

I couldn't imagine any other WOE that would have suggested that I could have chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Mmmmm. See you later. :balloons: as we all continue on the great journey together. Ann

Ruthxxx 08-21-2003 02:38 PM

Well we all seem full of beans and zippy - my kind of women!
I read somewhere that the best ambition we can have is "to die young as old as possible"! My Dad was still quite a guy at 90 and I intend to live to 100. (it'll probably take that long to lose this weight! :lol: )

Dove25 08-21-2003 03:10 PM

I'm retired at 59 yrs. young, but would like to have a part time job as I feel like I need to do more. I plan to do some volunteer work soon, though. I've been on this WOE since June 4th.I lose slowly, (10 1/2 lbs. so far).I was in a plateu for several weeks, but finally broke it yesterday.I have lost inches, though, so I wasn't worried about it. I know it will take longer because of my age and also because I have a low thyroid function.I walk about 5 days a week and do strength training at home.

Julie