March 1 daily chat

• Rabbit, Rabbit! Anyone else up?
  • March is Marching in like a Lion!
    Good frosty morning with another severe storm warning in effect! There was one yesterday too which meant no school buses but by 10 it was just cold and sunny. This warning is for snow overnight and into tomorrow morning and will be just 15 cm (6") of snow.

Shirleyanne is still hanging on the life but I am expecting that phone call soon. After work yesterday, my girlfriends plus Moel and Steve dropped in to keep me company and cheer me up. So nice to sip wine and nibble cheese in my kitchen and have some fun. They brought their doggage, of course, and my three had a great playtime in the dogyard. It was a nice break from my pre-mourning.

Not sure what today will bring but I will probably stay close to home and continue with my mental and physical sorting out. I'll continue my battle with Windows7 since I need to do a financial report by Monday! Whoops! also need to make a rum cake for then too. I guess I'll tackle that today and freeze it.

Whatever you do today, make it count.
  • Just a quick flyby to say good morning!

New month, new start for those of us who didn't met our February goals even though we had the extra day LOL. March looks to be coming in like a lion here; snow and possibly more freezing rain is in our forecast for the next 36 hours. Seems all the winter weather we didn't get in December and early January is being packed into late February.

Nothing on my agenda other than work, a meeting and I will try to get in my afternoon workout. A day with no unpleasant surprises is always good.

Have a great day, chicks!
  • Good morning,

I am going into office today, have a lunch meeting but luckily the place has a fantastic spinach salad so will be having that to stay op. We are supposed to get some rain/sleet/snow this evening so hopefully after evening rush hour traffic home. Nothing else on agenda.

Ruth glad your friends came over to keep you company last night.

Beth I did not meet my goal for February here's to a new month to make it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Good morning seems like we are one day behind in the weather. Tomorrow we are supposed to get rain / sleet. Figures I need to be downtown around 9 for a 10 o'clock lecture. It is for women's history month. My plan was to drive to Penn and take the subway then walk 5 blocks. Now I am debating taking the train from home to Grand Central and hopping on the subway there. The subway stop is across from the building where I am going. Today though I need to pack my food for today and tomorrow and a spare uniform. Plus I should iron something to wear tomorrow.

Yesterday I made a huge veggie lasagna with eggplant as the pasta. I also bought pre made gluten free pizza crust and created roasted red pepper hummus and grilled veggie pizzas. Had a piece of the pizza last night. Tasted really good.....Tammy I used frozen precut veggies except for the eggplant lol. I spent the day running from one appointment to the next. Didn't make it up past 9:30 last night, but slept over 8 hours! Today starts another crazy work week. At least I am off Saturday for a retirement party.

Ruth how sweet of your friends to stop by. TLC is what you need right now.

Beth be careful driving. Awe' expectations had it easy this winter compared to your part of the state. Thank you for taking the brunt of the winter for the rest of us New Yorkers.

Pearlrose enjoy your salad. Are you going to rent the sander this weekend? If memory serves me correctly they are pretty heavy so be careful.

Have a great day!
  • Shirleyanne passed away this morning - I'm sad but glad she was spared any more pain. I am making phone calls to friends and family today going to spend a quiet day at home sorting out memories.
  • I'm sorry, Ruth, to hear of your friend's passing. I'm so glad you made the trek to say good bye, and that she is at peace now.

Jennifer, you made me laugh! You are my lifesaver. DH said something about hamburgers sounding good, and since today is our last nice day, I might take advantage of the pretty weather. Now, to just figure out some sides!
  • Ruth I am sorry to hear that your friend passed away today. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers
  • so sorry to hear Ruth!
  • Ruth, sorry to hear your news.
  • Sorry to hear about your friend Ruth. Glad you were able to see her last weekend.