Is Balance with Berries cereal okay for Phase 2?

• I have been doing SBD for almost 2 weeks now and have lost 7 lbs. I plan on moving to Phase 2 in the next few days and I just ordered the book from buy.com with free shipping so I haven't received it yet.

I went to the grocery store and bought some light yogurt, blueberries and I bought the Balance with Berries cereal. I really like this cereal but now I'm wondering if it's okay to have. It's made by Malt-O-Meal and it's a high fiber cereal with dehydrated strawberries. For 1 cup, it's 110 calories, 5 g fiber but I didn't realize until I got home the package says it's lightly sweetened. It has 10 g sugar per serving. Do you think it's okay to have or not?

If not, I can always return it to the store. Better to have it out of the house than to have the temptation!
  • It may be too high in carbs and low in Fiber. I think Fiber One which IS OK has 13 grams of fiber per serving. When you say sugar, do you mean carbs? If so it's net carb count is only 5 which seems low for a cereal with berries.
    Most of us who started onto Phase 2 found weightloss slowed or stalled as we added too many carbs at once. Eating only one new carb per day seems to be the trick.