3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Help, I just arrived at the beach!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/30529-help-i-just-arrived-beach.html)

Tootse 08-12-2003 01:51 PM

Help, I just arrived at the beach!!!

I'm so confused! :dizzy: I've read the book and I am ready to jump in, but I have questions. Some things just don't make sense. Can we or can't we have mayo? It's not on the list but it's in the recipes. The same with avacado, sour cream, and a few others. What do we do? :?:
I really want to be good and have this diet work. My son is getting married in November and I would like to be several pounds thinner.
Can some one help me please????
Thanks!

Tooste :chockiss:

Melissa70 08-12-2003 02:18 PM

I wondered the same thing, i was just abt to post abt Tuna Fiah. I see fish mentioned but not Tuna:( I use mayo in my tuna.. I can't wait to see what others have to say.

Also....Welcome Aboard :dancer:

Dotismom 08-12-2003 04:51 PM

Hi!

Welcome aboard! I used Mayo. Just keep checking labels for sugar - that's the no no. Also reduced fat is better than the regular. good luck. there's lots of support here!

Dotismom 08-12-2003 04:55 PM

Tootse!

I just noticed, I'm from IL too! I'm also new here on the beach!:D

glinda 08-12-2003 09:56 PM

I'm pretty sure that any fish is ok, and I would think that sour cream would be like cheese and use the low fat kind. I use mayo for my tuna to. You just have to. Good luck Julie

LADY WINDSONG 08-13-2003 05:54 AM

To help you

Any fish is fine, but NO breading or frying.
Mayo is okay as well, but watch portions.
Keep things FF and SF.
Use spray I can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Use low glycemic index foods.
Good Luck
Lady :flame:

Tootse 08-13-2003 11:14 AM

Thanks

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Made it through the first day :smug: ! Had a hamburger for dinner WITHOUT KETCHUP :mad: but I used chopped tomatoes instead. Not too bad. I'm really trying and hoping that this site will give me the inspiration that I need.

Kisses to you all!!!:chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss:

LADY WINDSONG 08-13-2003 11:32 AM

Check out the recipes for homemade catsup. It is VERY good :)

Lady :flame:

2BFIT1 08-13-2003 12:17 PM

As you look through the book, try to remember that in Phase 1 you are not allowed any dairy products (pg 127).When you do see a dairy product that is an ingredient in one of the P1 recipes, keep those foods to a minimal amount. There are many little inconsistencies throughout the book, so just use your best judgement. ;)

Also the section on "Good Fats, Bad Fats" explains about the mayo, avocado (which have good fats).