South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday July 17 and TGIF!

Good morning and TGIF. I don't know why I say that because I seem to "work" just as hard on weekends as during the week! Not whining because it's my own darned fault for getting into too many things.

The new bed and mattress were delivered and installed by my guys. It looks good but seems to take over the small room. I do have sheets on order but am wondering how the fitted sheets will work as the mattress and box spring are all in one. I may have to make a deep-pocketed fitted sheet! This morning I will go back to the antique dealer and see if I can "deal" for a small dresser and mirror. I'll measure the floor space first.

I am planning to stay home this afternoon and give my house some TLC. The dogs need extra "Mom" time before the dog population doubles tomorrow afternoon. After supper I am going down to the lake to a friend's cottage to inspect the new screened porch addition that "my" Paul and his men built this Spring - should be fun and a good start to the weekend.

What's on your weekend plate? Something yummy, I hope!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and yes indeed. I do seem to work more and be busier on my days off, LOL! I hope you can find a dresser that works with your little bedroom, and sheets, too!

I'm leaving in a few minutes to take my car in for an oil change and routine maintenence, then paying a bill and swinging by the grocery to pick up a few things. Then it's over to Dad's where Jake is going to mow and weedwack while I take care of Dad's meds and take him out to run his errands. Hopefully, I'll still have energy to get laundry done when I finally get back home again! I have the dehydrator running with a full load of onions, and have to keep an eye on that, too.

Hmmm, maybe I'll treat myself to breakfast at Cracker Barrel while waiting on my car.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Parents have gone bak home and DH is at work so I have a very long To Do list for the day. There will be gardening, freezing and drying, errands, and the required unemployment weekly tasks.

Ruth - Good luck with the dresser search.

Cottage - sounds like a day that needs a treat

So I have lots and lots of tarragon this year. I planted it because I could, now I need to learn to use it. Anyone have any tips/recipes?
Old 07-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's dark, lol, but seems like a beautiful day ahead! I headed out for my cup of coffee with the pups at 4 and the every-morning jogger was headed by. I noted that there is one person crazier than I in our little town.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started! It's good that the bed got set up before you brought more furniture in! Now you can go pick out the rest! I hope your antique dealer has something that works and you can make a fair trade. I hope your day goes slow!

Linda, happy day off! I've never been to a Cracker Barrel...think it's an East Coast thing. I hope your chores are all accomplished early and you find some time for yourself, other than laundry.

Cyndi, happy chore day! The fancy restaurant I worked at in Alaska served a wonderful wild rice, which had tarragon in it. Everyone loved it and it was so simple. They used UncleBens Wild rice, I believe, with just a bit of the seasoning which was enclosed. Butter and tarragon it was delicious! (Might need to make that)

I'm full speed ahead this morning. Tonight is birthday dinner here and I'm making a trip to Denver inbetween. The house is usually in some reasonable order but I have a 1 and 3 year old coming so it needs to be baby proof. I texted my neighbor boy yesterday and asked if he'd hop over the fence and help me lift the mower to the top level. I didn't hear back but when I went outside with the pups later it was sitting up top. I'll mow up there before I leave for Denver, but it's a 5 minute job. The hardest part is already done. It's an off plan night. Mac and cheese, bacon, tater tots AND salad and broccoli. I did add some healthy in. I have all my supplies, but for the bacon. I'll stop at WhFoods and buy some while I'm in town. I usually try for something more "natural and ethical".

Have a great Friday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-17-2015 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. I have a day "to myself" day after spending 2 days at a workshop learning some new software. That going to work thing sure cuts into my garden time!!! I am sure to be out there today; my edging project is almost done and I need to finish cleaning up/mulching my rhubarb and chives area.

I've got cukes coming like crazy right now and loads of green tomatoes. Also picked my first head of broccoli. Yum! I love the fresh veggies. I saw a guy on TV making ricotta stuffed squash blossoms...Might have to try that.

Debbie, jogging at 4am sounds a bit extreme! Enjoy your day.
Cyndi, sounds like a busy day today.
Cottage, what is your favorite CB breakfast?
Ruth, good luck at the antique store.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:51 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

just lost my post

Cyndi I made tarragon vinegar by sticking some sprigs into a bottle of vinegar. It made a nice dressing for salad but my tarragon has since disappeared.

Have a nice day everyone. Off to make more buns but thank goodness the bbq is not at our house.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
Cyndi I made tarragon vinegar by sticking some sprigs into a bottle of vinegar. It made a nice dressing for salad but my tarragon has since disappeared.
Wish I could share some with you Sophie. Mine is very enthusiastic this year. Did you use wine vinegar? I am going to make a couple of bottles. That sounds like a nice alternative to my Mom's Italian vinegar, which I also love
I did make a delicious sauce for fish with lemon juice, dijon mustard, EVOO, and tarragon.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:08 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi. Just ordinary white wine. The tarragon sauce for fish is a french classic.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I had a yummy breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and now am waiti g for my car to get finished.

Beth, my favorite Cracker Barrel breakfast is their ww french toast, but I splurged this morning and had the strawberry-stuffed french toast.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a nice sunny day too bad it's going to get to 97 this afternoon, I did have a nice 2m walk this morning, too humid to run (gives me a headache if it's too hot when I go running).

Today is last wfh day and then I am away from work for 2 weeks, next week I am taking virtual class for another certification. My books arrived yesterday so getting in gear for that.

Antman was good but you have to like the super hero movies and marvel Of course we stayed til the end of the credits to watch the video clips

Tomorrow we are having BJC day at the Ball park (work) so we will be going to that for picnic and then the baseball game. Told DH we will need to take a break in between and go to some air conditioned place lol

Ruth glad you got your bed in place, I ordered deep pocket sheets for my new mattress and still have problems with them staying in place my mattress is 10" deep.

Cottage I like Cracker Barrel but we hardly go there

Cyndi you will have to let us know how your tickering with recipes go

Debbie that was nice of neighbor to do for you. I was off plan yesterday so it's back on track today

Beth and Sophie hope you have a nice day

Tywnn glad that your new doc is knowledge and hopefully will be able to help you get better.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 2"

tarragon Usually I'm begging it to grow, but I have oodles and oodles of it this year, too.

I like whole grain flat bread with slices of feta and lots a tarragon then rolled up to enjoy.

Thanks for the ideas for using it with fish, I'd forgotten that. Also with wild rice. Each of these are sure to please our family. I've used tarragon in vinegar and loved it.

Retired but still enjoying Friday's. Hope each you you do, too.

Tywnn sorry you are having trouble. May healing come soon.

Sandy
Old 07-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #12  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Cyndi, just calling in briefly to say that tarragon is excellent in warm chicken salad. (That was our tea tonight but no tarragon here so we had it with chives instead. Tarragon is very much better.)

over and out ...
Old 07-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 2"

SilverBirch Thanks, I'll try that, too.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:54 AM   #14  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

After you've cooked the chicken pieces for a little bit (say, 4-5 mins), add lemon juice and chopped tarragon and cook a bit more (say, 4-5 mins more).

Now have to work out what to have today! Ah! Have just remembered that the SO is in charge over the weekend. Good, I can relax a little.
Closed Thread