South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I too enjoy the Sunday circular. Glad you had a nice time yesterday.

Ruth hope your fish fry guy has enough for all the ticket sales.

Linda enjoy your laid back day

Lisa your pic was adorable!

Love2garden I hope your day lilies are gorgeous next year.

Laundry started and groceries ordered. Yup did the lazy thing and ordered them online yesterday. I just don't feel like spending my only free day at the grocery store. After I pick them up and put them away I am going for a bike ride. I have yummy food for dinner tonight. Nancy, Jim's wife, from next door left me goodies while I was at work. Bruschetta chicken, salad, ribs, potatoe salad and corn on the cob. I'll enjoy the salad and chicken and leave the rest for DS. I've wrapped my head around a true P1 (except for 3 peaches) so I will resist. They are such great neighbors. But before I do anything else I need another cup of coffee, anyone want a refill?
Old 07-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! It sounds like Saturday was a good day for everyone! Lisa, I love the picture!

Our holiday was uneventful. We got cut up on yardwork and went to the pool. Travel back over yesterday and I'm sitting outside with my last cup of coffee anticipating a busy day at work. Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

NOW my morning is looking up. When DH and I got up this morning the power was off. It wouldn't be a big deal except that meant no coffee!! Just as I got dressed to drive to town and find some, the power was restored. So now I am sitting here with my first cup and also have internet to check in.

Jennifer, what nice neighbors and how handy to have DS around; my own DS1 is what I lovingly call my personal garbage disposal. And I don't blame you for ordering your groceries. Enjoy your day.

Debbie, may your day be smooth and just the right amount of busy.

Cyndi, home improvement stores are like a black hole for DH. Good luck with the home repair.

Tammy, enjoy your day and I agree, sometime paper is better than the computer.

Time to go looking for breakfast. to everyone else. Have a good day, chicks!
Old 07-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We had a great fourth yesterday, watched the parade, they had the park pretty much blocked off so walked about 1.5 miles to get to the parade but we found a lovely spot under shade with a bench to watch, so the walk back wasn't bad at all. We watched fireworks at one of the next town overs instead of staying in St. Louis, it was nice but I got tore up again by mosquito bites, trying no to itch. My eating was not so good the past few days so I am going to do Phase 1 for a few days to get back on track.

Oh almost forgot to mention, we trapped the ground hog that was living under our deck finally. My husband took him out to the lake 29 miles away so he wouldn't come back, if we took him to the creek down the hill I imagine he would have been right back.

Today is just cleaning, going to get a few more things for DD2 birthday party for Wednesday and laundry.

Ruth glad the fish fry was a huge success.

Tywnn I would have liked to see a smiley face firework, we had sparklers left over from last year but none of them would lit guess they expire?

Cottage glad you had a nice 4th, that was nice of you to make them their favorite cake

Cyndi I love home depot too and have someone who knows how to replace things. if I can't figure it out we have to hire someone.

Jekel that was nice of your neighbors to think of you

Debbie hope work goes by quickly

Beth glad your power was restored did you have storms?

Weezle you both looked great!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, I tried to at least be horrible in moderation last night. I wasn't terribly hungry, just had a small scoop of mac n cheese to appease the MIL, a tiny plop of cole slaw, and a few chips with SIL's homemade ranch. Then my mom said "aren't you going to try one of my cupcakes?" Oh yes, I forgot. Fortunately my body has completely rejected all of it, and pre-hydrating (after all that sodium,) I do not appear to have gained any weight. We'll see how the scale looks tomorrow for WI.

Then last night, public fireworks lasted about 2 hours, and then the fireworks amateur hour started in the neighborhood. I'm fortunate enough that the dogs aren't bothered by them, but we had a dog zoom past our house at 80mph last night, likely because of all the firecrackers and noise. It was pretty ridiculous. I remember when fireworks used to last 20 minutes, tops. You spent all kinds of time driving somewhere, getting there an hour before the show started, finding a good place to lay down your blanket or lawn chairs, and sat getting eaten alive by mosquitoes for 20 min of excitement, and then go home.

Today is officially our last day of "vacation." It will be filled with more vacuuming and laundry, and hopefully eating right. I am meeting one of my best friends sometime this afternoon, as she found out a week ago that her husband got a job in Austin and they're moving on the 13th, so I need to see her before she goes and give her the birthday present I got for her. I told her to pick ANY RESTAURANT, specifically something that she'll miss once they go to TX...... her favorite restaurant is Subway. She said she likes it because it's "healthy," but I don't actually think their "cheese" is cheese, their "bread" is bread, and their veggies are nothing near fresh, and flavorless from excess refrigeration (who wants a light pink tomato?) But, that's what she wants, so I'll try to find..... something. Maybe an overpriced salad.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Back to the grind tomorrow!

Lisa
Old 07-05-2015, 10:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in for a quick hello! Things have been really busy around here w/ apartment hunting and a few trips. I went back to Georgia in April/May and then visited Jaime in Florida again just last week. I actually met his daughter this time...big step!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. Hope everyone is doing well!
Closed Thread