South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:41 PM   #1  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Talking Question abt the SB diet

I notice alot of you are talking abt *LOW* fat foods. When I read abt the diet, i never seen it mention Low fat foods ( as far as meat and cheeses go). So now I am confused .. Do I need Low fat cheeses, and things?

I did not buy anything low fat Did I mess up?

I also fudged this morning too ( kicking my own butt) I had a peach and a handfull of grapes. I have PMS, and I just had to have something sweet. I HATE PMS Does anyone have any really good suggestions for PMS days & sweet tooth, I could really use them
Old 08-11-2003, 03:37 PM   #2  

With cheeses, you do want to keep to lowfat versions (not 4% milkfat cottage cheese, full fat regular cheddar, etc), including the ricotta used in the dessert. Look for labels like "part skim" or "reduced fat" when buying dairy products.

As for meats, you want to concentrate on lean proteins and stay away from fattier cuts (or not lean hamburger--ground sirloin is much better), and also I think white meat as opposed to dark meat is encouraged.

As for the sweet tooth, why not try sugar free fudgesicles--sweet and chocolately, but you aren't cheating.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:38 PM   #3  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Thank U very much

I did some searching and found a good bit of Info on prevention.com. Now I understand this ALOT better
Closed Thread