3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   feeling guilty? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/30477-feeling-guilty.html)

jessjohnsmom 08-11-2003 11:41 AM

feeling guilty?

Okay today i started SB and so far i have had two eggs,some mushrooms and a slice of red fat cheese. Then i came home after the gym and had 2 slices of red fat cheese,i just think there is no way it is okay for me to have all this cheese! I love cheese and can eat it all day and be soooooo :D happy! Is all this cheese really okay? i am having it for lunch with my fat free turkey sand meat minus the bread of course!!!!!!

frannymae 08-11-2003 12:09 PM

Mmmmm....cheese!

I love cheese, too! And I do remember thinking "I can't possibly eat all this cheese!" I would try to keep it to 2-3 servings a day and low fat, if possible. Not sure what red fat cheese is?

I usually have cheese with an omelette in the morning, a cheesestick or Laughing Cow w/veggies for a snack and then ricotta for a treat. It seems to work for me!

Coming from eating very low fat and not eating cheese at all this is quite a change! Just don't get to carried away! Good luck!

jessjohnsmom 08-11-2003 01:05 PM

i am sorry red fat is short for reduced fat,i can see how my laziness mad it seem like a strange type of cheese!!!

Melissa70 08-11-2003 02:58 PM

Feeling VERy guilty here too:^:
I messed up today , and had a peach and handfull of grapes for breakfast:(
I have some serious PMS going on, but I am determined to NOT mess up the rest of the day!!!

As for the cheese thing.... I LOVE CHEESE!!!!:love: I could live off String Cheese!!! but do I have to buy reduced fat cheese:?:

Ruthxxx 08-11-2003 03:23 PM

Guilt is a waste of time! Just get back on track.

dentrassi 08-11-2003 04:23 PM

I am going to call it red fat cheese from now on!!! Sounds MUCH more interesting than reduced fat!!!

frannymae 08-11-2003 05:20 PM

Duh!

:doh:

Okay, now I feel silly! I thought maybe it was something like Gouda, with the red wax?

I don't know if you HAVE to use low fat or fat free cheese. Dr. A recommends lf or ff cheeses, saying that they are one product that doesn't replace the fat with carbs to make it low fat. Since cheese is a dairy product and therefore contains animal fat, I think the recommendation to go low fat is based on heart healthy eating, not just weight loss. I usually use low fat cheese or a fat that is naturally low fat, such as parmesean or feta. These cheese pack a lot of flavor!

LADY WINDSONG 08-11-2003 07:17 PM

One slip is just that a slip, just don't major it into a major hill.

Lady :flame:

jessjohnsmom 08-12-2003 10:58 AM

Ohhhh i loooooove FETA CHEESE:p Is it naturally low fat,i read the label and it is low in carbs and sugar but i cannot find low fat or FF feta anywhere and i have an awesome recipe for portabella mushrooms with feta and balsamic vineagarette. Can i have just regular ole feta cheese? That would be wonderful!!!!!

locarbs4me 08-12-2003 11:32 AM

Whenever I start to feel guilty I just remember this:
Beating yourself up is not an acceptable form of exercise!