3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thrilling(?) Thursday - June 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/304507-thrilling-thursday-june-11-a.html)

Ruthxxx 06-11-2015 07:07 AM

Thrilling(?) Thursday - June 11

Good morning and welcome to another lovely sunny June day. Would someone advise the weather gods that we have enough rain for a while.

For a change, yesterday went nearly to plan. I scrapped the trip to the city when I discovered some bins for recycling at a second-hand shop in the next town. $3 each and perfect! I guess a trip to the city will be another day. I did manage to get some of my raised bed planted - perfect timing as the rain began right after lunch.

Some excitement last evening when a bird flew into the house! I have a lace curtain over one of my back doors so the dogs can go n and out of the yard but it was pushed aside and Mrs Swallow came to visit. Jazz just lay there and looked but Millie kept leaping in the air trying to catch it. I went around closing doors and finally corralled it in the back room and encouraged it to leave by waving a broom in the air. Pretty sad when that was my excitement for the day.

I have a "new" staff person starting at the Mill today. Allisa worked for us last year and went to university in Ireland last fall. She will have some interesting stories, I'm sure. She was our best female guide last year so very little orientation will be needed. Another young woman, Shailyn, starts next week - she is barely 16 and I hope she can hold her own with the other four university students who are all strong personalities.

OK - another non-Keurig coffee and then I'll crank up the day. The trash is at the road. I've inspected the day and it looks really good and smells deliciously of orange blossoms. Enjoy!

cottagebythesea 06-11-2015 07:25 AM

Arrrrrgh!!!! My finger slipped and hit the wrong the tab after a long post, and I lost the entire thing! Grrrrrrrr!

Anyway, here's to Thursday, and have a good day! :coffee2:

TwynnB 06-11-2015 07:29 AM

That's way more exciting than my day was, Ruth! Glad the bird escaped unharmed. I'm sure Millie was very disappointed.

Linda - I *hate* when that happens! Enjoy your day.

It is a day off, and I'm....(drumroll please)....getting my haircut! First time since last April. Work was too busy, then surgery, etc. etc. Very exciting day, eh? I do think I'll make a batch of my confetti salad. I left it at my friends, and every day she is telling me how good it is. Rrrrrggghhhh! I shall make more then!

Enjoy the day! It's getting hot here, DH installed one of the window A/C's....

Lexxiss 06-11-2015 07:31 AM

Good morning!

I'm in route to meet my sister at the Hot Springs at 7:30 this morning. I pulled over when I started thinking that I hoped my check was going to clear from my traffic ticket. LOL thankfully, there is money there. It's a rainy day on both sides of the continental divide. I hope there is enough dry time for me to mow lawns. Yesterday after work I got up on my back wall and slid myself across and pulled weeds. Of course, my creeping Bellflower. I actually have those three bags in the back of my card to put in the dumpster at my other house because I have so much refuse that I can't get rid of it. Crazy.

Ruth, great job on the recycle bin's. I did get a smile on my face hearing about your bird in the house. That's my excitement for the morning. LOL

Waving hello to everyone else! I'm going to hit the road again.

Have a great day everyone!

Pearlrose 06-11-2015 10:04 AM

Good morning,

Ruth that is excitement lol, glad you were able to corral outside

Cottage I hate when that happens enjoy your day

Tywnn enjoy your haircut, I love getting my hair cut

Debbie, enjoy the hot springs.

Today I have a retreat at work hopefully we will stay inside as it's a muggy 95 degrees today. Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Have a great day!

love2garden 06-11-2015 02:54 PM

Pearlrose Please describe your "retreat at work" so I can understand. I've gone on silent retreats for several days at a time and was refreshed, but at work?

Ruth Wish I could be a mouse and hear your new worker tell about her time in Ireland.

Debbie Sounds funny to have rain on both sides of the continental divide. My thoughts are that that sounds like I feel when I can't make up my mind about something.

Gardening all morning, but all is now planted, fertilized, mulched and watered very well. I can relax on that 1/3 of the gardens. Loved being out without someplace I have to go looming on the calendar.

Coffee brought out by DD was a treat several times, too.