3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   A side effect of eating the SBD way (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/30391-side-effect-eating-sbd-way.html)

twodogmom 08-09-2003 12:18 PM

A side effect of eating the SBD way

I noticed something this morning when I was out shopping. After 3 weeks of eating the SBD way, feeling better about my health and myself, and losing 10 pounds, I was holding my head just a little higher, and not trying so hard to blend into the walls or the background. Even though I still have a long way to go with my weight loss (I want to lose about 65 more pounds), my self-confidence and self-esteem have gone up a notch! :) I've had pretty low self-esteem for as long as I can remember, and it is wonderful to start to feel a little better about myself. I'm pretty certain that I will never see the day when I want to be the center of attention, but I'm starting to feel less like trying to hide and be invisible! :)

dentrassi 08-09-2003 01:45 PM

THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! I'm not quite there yet, but am feeling a bit better!!!

LADY WINDSONG 08-09-2003 02:16 PM

So.....

That was you who I saw walking with her head held so high. I thought so just by the way you towered over the others and knew that you were happy with yourself. GOOD for you.

Lady Marcie :flame:

Paticake 08-09-2003 02:34 PM

Good for you!!! Isn't it amazing what our weight does for us -
both ways? I notice that I spend lots more time in the vegetable isle than I ever did!

ellis 08-09-2003 03:34 PM

Twodog, I know EXACTLY what you mean! I'm starting to feel more like a "normal" person again. Not a blimp plodding down the street. (okay, then I catch sight of myself in a window and think, "YIKES! Fat girl!!" :lol: ) But I'm FEELING better, and that is a very good thing. I'm glad you're feeling the same way. :)

frannymae 08-09-2003 03:39 PM

It is so funny you should post this! Just yesterday I was feeling SOOOOO good....full of energy, full of vitality, full of LIFE! I just KNEW I was looking like a million bucks!

So then I looked in the mirror...and saw that I didn't look much different than I did the day before! But...it didn't bother me one little bit! I just said "huh, that's odd.....wonder what is wrong with this mirror?!

So, I'm taking my beautiful self upstairs to work out...because I deserve to be treated right! :shrug:

Here's to all us beauties...inside AND out! :high:

Nikkiloo 08-09-2003 08:04 PM

Twodog, I know just what you mean ... I FEEL so much better and my clothes ARE looser after 10 lbs ... it's even my TOM and don't feel like a cow !!!!

My BF can't figure out why now it takes me two hours to go food shopping ...

JodiBelle 08-09-2003 08:22 PM

That is so wonderful! Keep it up!

glinda 08-09-2003 09:14 PM

It has only been 6 days for me. My husband and I started together on Monday but we are both excited and enthusiastic. I think a lot of it is journaling on fitday and seeing our daily totals. julie