South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat for 04/24/15

Good morning, ladies! Wow, I did it again, huh? I don't know why I find it so hard to check in lately. Ugh! Hope everybody has been doing well. Let's see what I need to update on...

Dad still hasn't had his heart surgery. Unfortunately, we fail our Veterans when they've served their purpose...red tape from the VA has him still waiting. He needs a bypass and valve replacement and has had 3 doctors confirm this, but the VA wants a 4th doctor in Atlanta to look at him. It's ridiculous...he's been waiting since the beginning of March!

Tuesday I'll be flying out to Georgia and staying for 8 days. The trip was planned so I could meet my great niece. Thankfully she cooperated and arrived on April 9th (my mom's birthday), healthy and gorgeous! I'm attaching a picture of Little Miss Camber Noel. She's a dollbaby!

Jaime will be flying in the weekend that I'm there so we can spend a couple of days together. Super excited for that! We celebrated our 1 year anniversary on March 20th. Time flies, huh?

So what have I missed...anything exciting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camber 004.jpg (19.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg camber.jpg (20.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-24-2015, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

She's beautiful Natasha!! That's terrible about the VA - I've heard many horror stories.

Normalish Friday here - DH is with DS on an overnight field trip - do you think he got any sleep as a chaperone of 4 boys!? The day is normal otherwise, I just have to make sure to get home in time from work for DD since DH won't be home til late. It was kind of nice having 2 days off in a row, my legs appreciated it .

I bought some Nutty Caramel KCups....Mmmmmm.....
Old 04-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Natasha and chicks to follow. Nice to "see" you again and that baby is adorable. What a pretty and unusual name!

I need to scurry around and get into some business duds as we are starting our interviews this morning. Renée is first up at 9 - her resumé looks good and I hope she works out as we need another female. (We've re-hired Allisa from last year and all the other applicants are male.) I'm hoping she is bilingual since we do have many visitors from Quebec and even from France.

This afternoon the doggie boarding house re-opens when Joey, the Australian shepherd, moves in for the weekend. I think I'll get out the mop and pail right now since 12 muddy paws will be impossible to wipe off before they come inside.

TGIF to us all.

Edited to add: Hi Tammy. I imagine your DH will be ready for a quiet night. I love flavoured K cups except for a few. I wish I could find Irish Cream ones around here. I may order some sugar-free syrup for a treat.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What a sweet little doll, Natasha! Congratulations! I know you just can't wait to hold that wee one in your arms and give her some lovin! That's so typical of the VA to keep stalling off your dad's surgery. My DH deals with the VA and is well aware of all the delays and hoops you have to jump through. I hope he can get a surgery date soon!

It's freezing cold and windy here this morning, and I'm hoping all the new plantings are surviving OK. I may venture outside a little later to check on things, but other than that, I'm going to do a little dusting and vacuuming before going over to Dad's. I am getting around a little easier and hope my back is finally getting better. I told my DD to go ahead and get tickets for Carley's play for tomorrow night, so I hope I can make it!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I enjoyed looking at the Mill website. Thanks.

Yesterday I worked again. Since I work so infrequency, I kind of wish she'd space my days out rather than clumping them together; it would be easier on my feet and hip. Oh well. Anyway, we squeezed in a bike ride when I got home since it is expected to be wet here now for a while.

I'm back to the gym with my mom today. Then I have several errands to run if I can get motivated and don't melt in the storms.

Have a good one.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Natasha!!, She is beautiful and love the name. Have a wonderful visit. Happy Anniversary to you and Jamie. Sorry to hear about your dad still waiting. Please say Hi to your mom for me.

Tammy DH is a brave man chaperoning a sleep over field trip. Hope your legs cooperate today.

Ruth I don't think I've seen Irish Cream k-cups, but will keep my eye out. Muddy paws are everywhere this time of year. Hope the interviews go well.

Linda glad your back is feeling better.Try not to overdue it before the concert.

I have a few hours to get things done before work. I have my interview next week. So I will be in full panic mode until it is over late Thursday afternoon. They are promoting 3 Lieutenants to Captain. This is an appointed rank, no test, just resume and interview. There are nine of us competing. There is a lot and I mean a lot of pressure being put on my both external and internally to do well. We only have two female officers in our command staff. Each with 30 plus years in the job. I think they are waiting for another woman to break the barrier before they retire.

Otherwise it's ride, iron and grocery / food prep before the game. The OT is for the Yankees vs Mets game. I'd rather be home watching it, but the $$$ is too good to turn down. Have a great day!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:47 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, great to see you and the new babe! Glad you are not far from your trip South! Thanks for getting us started!

sophie, glad to hear you don't have medical appts for awhile!

Ruth, I just can't imagine all that mud! We are just always so dry here! I hope your interviews go well today!

Linda, glad you are feeling better, yet again. I hope your plants fared well!

Karen, you are sure getting out on the bike! Yippee!

Twynn, glad you and DD had a girls night together. PS Sounds much more fun than 4 boys! LOL

I had some awake time before midnight so slept in a bit. Now I really need to get cracking here! I have some paperwork that HAS to get done today....also need to plan out strategy for delivery of composting toilet to Alaska which is 3 weeks away. I might go to Denver for a noon meeting, too. Coffee is flowing freely and I'm ready for my day!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 04-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Friday,

I cleaned the bathroom this morning before work and that will make the rest of the chores go that much quicker later on. Today is wfh and have to finish up some projects. Tonight is DD2 play and she is nervous.

Natasha she is a cutie pie, glad you are getting to see them soon and Happy Anniversary.

Tywnn I am sure your DH will be ready for some quiet time when he gets home

Ruth good luck with your interviews today. I always try to have a good mixture of guys and gals on my team and have had good luck recently, but in the past it got a bit one sided on the guy side and I told my leads if I can find a qualified gal we were hiring. lol

Cottage hope you are able to make it to the play

Jekel how exciting, I will keep my fingers crossed for you on your interview next week

Debbie glad you were able to sleep in a bit. Enjoy your day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Pearlrose, at least you have a clean bathroom for wfh! lol DD2 play should be fun! She'll do great!

OK, got one thing crossed off the procrastination list. Keep going!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Natasha. Nice to see you. What a beautiful baby girl. Enjoy your time.

Ruth. Wow putting on business duds is serious business. Good luck

Linda. Take it easy with your back. I'm sure your dear granddaughter will be wonderful.

Karen. So nice to see you are enjoying your bike.

Jennifer. I can feel your stress over the interview. Hey. $$$ will be great.

Debbie. Hope your day goes smoothly.

Pearlrose. Dd2 will be great.

There was white stuff here today. Glad I didn't buy any pansies. Just like pearlrose, I have to clean the bathrooms today. Dd and family are dropping in for lunch next friday and then she drops grandsons off at the inlaws and goes to Montreal for the weekend. Its a decade turning year for her.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Hi Natasha!!, She is beautiful and love the name. Have a wonderful visit. Happy Anniversary to you and Jamie. Sorry to hear about your dad still waiting. Please say Hi to your mom for me.
Will do, Jenn! I still find it funny that you knew my Camber was going to be a girl before I did. I don't remember if we told the story, but for those who don't know, Jenn and my mom and I were at lunch together and I had left the table to go to the restroom when we got the gender reveal call, LOL
Closed Thread