3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Terrific Tuesday Beach Daily 8/5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/30203-terrific-tuesday-beach-daily-8-5-a.html)

LADY WINDSONG 08-05-2003 06:38 AM

Terrific Tuesday Beach Daily 8/5

An Absolute Terrific Tuesday

Make sure you say this to yourself many times today.

You make this day what it is. Keep track of how you feel today and then if you eat write that down next to it.

It may surprise you that your felings gear your hunger! But this is a falacy. Are we really hungry or are our feelings dictating to us what we eat?

Think about this and then say...I am going to have a Terrific Tuesday so temptations STAY AWAY!

Remember too, that you are in control and that you MUST and SHOULD only think of healthy decisions, not, I am only allowed this or that. We make healthy choices if we learn what they are.

Don't deprive yourself of feelings, but bring them under control. Don't run to the refridgerator or cupboards.....WRITE or come here and post. WALK, call a friend, PM someone here. WE are here to help.

Most importantly

REACH OUT don't wallow in the pit of despair.....it is a lonely place to hide.

It actually rained last night. I listened and it told me that TUESDAY will be a TERRIFIC day! :):):)

Must buy some Bene Fiber this weekend. I listened to all of you and have decided that this would be a GOOD thing!

If you need to buy the book check out www.buy.com it sells for $12.72.

WELCOME to our NEW Beach friends. This Beach is a great place to be.

You all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY

Lady :flow1:

frannymae 08-05-2003 06:54 AM

I am the Boss of Me!

Good morning, all! Lady, I have been waiting all night for you to post! Not really, but wanted to get in early today.

On Oprah yesterday they were doing the "Best of Makeovers." One of the hairstylists kept telling a woman to say "I am the boss of my hair" over and over...it got me thinking...

We are the bosses of our bodies, our minds, and our spirits. We control what we put in our mouths, the thoughts we let creep into our consciousness, and the movement we expect of our muscles. Talk about the ultimate control! So, take that control and make the most of it! Have a great day!

Twodog-so glad to hear your sister came through surgery well! Hopefully she will be on the road to a speedy recovery soon!

PS-Didn't mean to make this so short! I was typing as I walking out of work this morning. Wanted to add a big "Thank You" to Lady for her inspirational pep talk. Do you stay up nights thinking about this stuff?;) I mean, I stay up all night but that is to earn a living! He he.....

2BFIT1 08-05-2003 06:57 AM

Good Morning Chicks :wave:

Lady~~Thanks for a wonderful start to the day, as usual :cheers:

2Dog~~I'm so glad that your Sis made it through surgery fine and still has her ovaries, too. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Newbies~~~Welcome and Hello to all the new chicks on the beach.
Last night I finally had a chance to get caught up on all the weekend posts and I could not believe how many new names there where. I'm glad that some of you had a great FIRST DAY and good luck to those who are just starting. This is a wonderful place to come for support and encouragement.

I weighed-in yesterday and I gained 1 pound :( . I have been eating mostly Phase 1 with only P2 foods ocassionally. I did not drink enough fluids (water or anything else) the past few days and I feel certain that this was a huge contributing factor.

So, today I will work at drinking my water and I will have a Terrific Tuesday :cb:

twodogmom 08-05-2003 06:58 AM

Happy Tuesday to all!

Lady, you were describing me this morning....my feelings have dictated when and what I eat for such a long time that I completely forgot how to listen to my body to determine if I really was hungry. I'm relearning how to do that now with the SBD WOL, and I feel so much better! Your suggestion to write down how you are feeling and what you eat is a great idea.

I am having ricotta withdrawal!! :dizzy: I wonder if everyone in my town is doing SBD, since I went to two grocery stores last night and both were out of ricotta!! Or maybe it's even bigger....maybe because the whole world is doing SBD the ricotta manufacturers can't keep up! :lol: Anyway, I miss my ricotta dessert! :(

I hope everyone has a great day on the beach, and once again, welcome to all the newbies!!

Ruthxxx 08-05-2003 07:24 AM

Fly-by post this morning.

I really needed Lady's Lift today as the AC croaked in the night and this place is hot.
Sil, I'm up a pound too! I know it was the ham last night so will be having a Glug Glug Day.

2dog, yup! We Canadians are buying up all the ricotta in the world to get even for the USA beef embargo. :lol:

Thanks, franny. "I am the boss of my body" is the mantra of the day.

I have two friends from PA coming for coffee this morning and need to scurry around a bit. We will sit on the wicker chairs on the front porch and I'll catch them up on small town gossip. They come here to a cottage for two weeks every summer and this is a tradition. (I think they think I'm a quaint old lady!)

Gotta get cracking. (I bought muffins rather than make them and be tempted! I am not ready for muffins!)

Happy Beach Day!

Tippy 08-05-2003 07:40 AM

I can't believe how easy this SBD is! Of course I did research for three weeks before we started this. I noticed that I did goof up on the Phase 1 meatloaf I made yesterday. I made it with regualr cheddar cheese instead of low fat. My DD stopped in with the GD14 and GS5 so I was distracted. Oh well. BTW, the recipe was good.
Wanna hear something funny. I forgot to weigh myself before starting the SBD! I guess, in retrospect, what the scale says isn't as important to me as how my body feels. Will try to remember to do that.
Thursday is my BD and I went to the website of Red Lobster to check their menus. Hey, there is a lot of good food there! Am going to have lobster with a bit of butter, veggies and salad. I know their cheese biscuits taste good, but my waist line is more important.
Today, DH won't be around so I'm on my own. Got plenty of veggies and protein so I'll do fine.
This WOE is so easy compared to WW for me. No counting points which made me nuts...like I need help being like that.

twodogmom 08-05-2003 07:58 AM

Ruth - I guess I was being a little USA-centric when I said "the whole country" in my post above! :o I really didn't forget about our wonderful neighbors to the north (I'm only about 100 miles from the canadian border myself), I just wasn't thinking when I wrote that. My apologies to you and the other ladies from Canada, and other countries as well. I edited my post to change "country" to "world"! :lol:

Tippy, I agree with you, it's amazing how easy it is to eat healthy the SBD way! My only regret is that I waited so long to eat the way my body needed me to.

Sil, drink your water and I bet you'll see that 1 lb melt away fast. (I'm learning that drinking enough water is very important!) I'm impressed to see that you aren't going to let this 1 lb gain get you down or discouraged, you have such a great attitude! :D

Franny, I am going to Be the Boss of my Body! I love that concept, thanks for sharing that with us!!

Well, better get moving or I'll be late for work.

LuvKitties55 08-05-2003 07:59 AM

Good morning to all!

This is day 2 for me on SBD. I must say, I feel a little "funky". I think I am having sugar withdrawals, lol.

I want to wish everyone a great day.

Nikki

PS.....it is muggy and rainy here

ellis 08-05-2003 08:36 AM

Good morning, girls! :wave:

My gosh... I slept in again!

Lady and Franny, thank you for your inspirational thoughts for the day. :)

Excuse me... I'm rushing... we're taking little DS to a museum with a friend this morning, and I'm not even dressed yet!
I'll be back later...

love and hugs to all of you... :grouphug:

Dreamweaver115 08-05-2003 08:42 AM

Good Tuesday to Everyone. Yesterday was my first day on SBD. I had one minor tangle with some frosting and graham crackers. But I guess my evening walk cancelled it out. I lost 1 pound my first day!

Going to spend today re-reading the book for inspiration. Catch you all later.......

jackieO 08-05-2003 09:41 AM

Good Morning Beachsters!! Hope you are all enjoying your Tuesday. welcome to all the newbies. Keep plugging away Luvkittie, I felt bad the first 4 days but it did go away. Someone recommended that when I felt sick that I drink water and that did help. On occasion I would drink a diet pepsi and I think the carbonation helped a little.
Well today I start day 9 of Phase 1. Looks like I am down about 3 pounds so far, which I am very pleased with. I am so grateful that SBD helped move me off my plateau. I have not been exercising as much as usual, because my gym is closed for two weeks for renovation. That stinks because I am so used to my routine. The good thing is that I have come up with creative ways to workout around the house. I got some great suggestions off the Ladies who lift bodybuilding forum. The peeps over there are extremely nice and helpful (like all of you have been). This board has been a blessing. I hope all of you have a great day!!

Whimsey 08-05-2003 09:43 AM

Good morning beach babes!!! Glad to see ya'll this morning!!! I was a very tired girl last night....Guess I am getting old.....I will be gone most of the day...I usually play cards on Tuesdays....my day out. Will check back in later....have a good day at the beach!

GEMonster 08-05-2003 10:14 AM

Good Morning All!

3rd day on SBD and so far so good! I have heard the first two days are the hardest and I got over that without cheating!!! :jig:

I need to consiostently remind myself to keep drinking water though!

Thank you Lady!! Your post was inspiring...It is a nice way to start the work day...

I look forward to talking with you all.

Summer :wave:

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."
-Gail Sheehy

sunkist 08-05-2003 11:09 AM

Hi Girls
This is Sunkist here :sunny: and i thought I would say hello. I have reached my goal on SBD (10 pounds lost) so now it's about maintenance which CAN be harder than losing because you can become less disciplined and fall right back into bad habits.

I just got a book called Taming Your Inner Brat by Dr. Pauline Wallin - it's all about how we give ourselves permission to: procrastinate, eat too much, drink too much, make wrong decisions etc. It's an interesting book to say the least and i think it will help to really get disciplined in life - including the area of diet & exercise!!!

Have a great day girls!!!:comp:

ariela 08-05-2003 11:53 AM

Good morning Chickies!

Sorry to post so late.. but its Raining to beat the ban here in mid-valley Oregon.. complete with sound effects and a light show. My poor computer was on and off and on, (thank God for a power supply) so I came in to work 40 minutes early... only to find no power here either.

at least I managed to cook my egg McMuffin-lesses before the lights went out!

ariela (no longer being kept in the dark )