South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 07:16 PM   #1  

Default Tired Legs, Lazy, No energy -Snack attack worked? Why-HeLp

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has the same problem? Especially with th etired ole' legs, I used to be so energized to work out, now I find myself, doing it but not 100%, and its really frustrating,
I have been on phase 1 for 3 weeks, I was going to go to 2, but I was snacking too much, and went back to 1, However I did find, my overly snacking, on oatmeal, and xtra fudgsicles,and real full fat chocholate chunk pepermint icecream, lots of fiber cereal, plus cheerios, chicken, fish jello, cheese and crackers, beans, yogurt, fruit, -- the list goes on .... tons of weird stuff ... did boost my energy, and took the fatigue feeling away from, my body, and when i woke up, I thought I would feel bloated, and crappy, I tell ya, I lost a pound, and my stomach felt *trim*

I was thinking maybe my body needed carbs to -- who knows

So, I'm going to restart Phase 1 Again, but I need some advice on how to stick to it, and get some energy back,

I'm starting to feel like a complete failure, and a fool,

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kirsten
Old 08-04-2003, 10:19 PM   #2  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kirsten.....
I know exactly what you mean! I clog two nights a week for
about 2 1/2 hours each night. Usually I am so geared for it and
enjoy it so much. But, since I started SBD, I can hardly lift my legs!
I find it very frustrating and I don't look forward to going. What
can we do to get the energy back? Tomorrow is my 14th day
of phase 1.

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:58 PM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Talking Make it work for YOU!

Carbs are "fast fuel" for our bodies...they digest easily so our bodies can use the energy they provide quickly. I'm sure there are better, more technical explanations, but that is the simple reason you have less energy during Phase 1.

If your body needs more carbohydrates, there is no rule that says you can't just go straight to Phase 2. You have to be sure that the carbs you include in your diet are the "right" carbs...whole grains, etc. You can't add back in the processed "white" carbs and expect weight loss to continue. The whole grains will keep you full longer, too.

Your weight loss won't be as dramatic on Phase 2 but remember..."slow and steady win the race."

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2003, 11:41 AM   #4  

The tired legs could be a result of a pottasium defeciency. especially if you are used to eating a lot of fruit. You can get pottasium from vegetables, but it might help to take a supplement. Ask your doctor. When I first gave up fruit, I had leg cramps. Also, I take a diuretic for my heart. Most diuretics can cause a potassium shortage as well. On Phase 2, try eating an orange (bananas are best for potassium, but worst for sugar)
Closed Thread