South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #16  

Busy day today...so, just a quick check-in this morning...will post my menu tonight....you all are doing so good!!! Ruth...we got to do something about those ju-jubes!!! They are going to get you every time!! Love you all!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:32 AM   #17  

Hello everyone - dropping in to say hello and congrats to all of you on your successes. Life has kept me very busy but I am generally doing pretty well with my modified Phase 2. The difficulty comes in because of training to walk the Portland Marathon in October. As I build up distance - I really need the carbs for efficient walking. Trying to stay with complex good ones before and after walks but am reduced to power bars and gels during long walks. Still gaining lots of tone and muscle and trying to be very careful with what I eat on all but my weekly long training day.

Anyhoo - welcome to the newcomers on the Beach and good day to all of you fabulous beach babes.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:45 AM   #18  

Hey Sil,
I was concerned about the mayo too, but it's on page 49 in the book where he's telling what's allowable and not on a cheeseburger, and he actually says "be sure" you use the full fat because it is the good fat in mayo. I believe I remember when I was on Atkins, everything that was reduced fat had more carbs, and it's probably the bad ones or something. I've been eating about a TBS. of mayo on my salads, because I'm just not too fond of any of the dressings we're allowed.

Which reminds me-I haven't really asked specifically-are we allowed ANY kind of creamy dressing that any of you know of? I jsut keep reading about hte Italian, and the vinegar kinds, that I don't like....
Old 07-29-2003, 12:06 PM   #19  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Bobo-I have found a few blue cheese dressings that are zero carbs. But they have full fat cheese in them. Also, I find I use MORE of that type of dressing than my homemade oil and vinegar. How about finding a no-carb dressing and cutting it a bit with vinegar or oil and vinegar so you can use less of it?

Susie-GOOD FOR YOU! WOW! A marathon!

Whimsey-Hope you are feeling better sweetie!! Don't be so hard on yourself!!

Gofishin-You are doing GREAT!! Keep it up!!

Jackie-I sometimes have the Ricotta dessert for breakfast. You could really have anything as long as it is "legal." A salad, soup, lettuce roll up sandwiches.....

Di-I need to exercise more. You are an inspiration!!!

Sil-Thanks for your continued good cheer! You really help us all keep going!!

ariela-Hope your headache is gone and today is a better day!!

Jez-I agree with the others. The desserts taste good without the chips. I never bought them because I KNEW I couldn't stop at 10!! I have a hard time with the nuts too!! And the carbs in phase 2....

Ellis-(WHAT AM I? CHOPPED LIVER?!?!) Good for you!!! I have been doing really well back on phase 1 too. I may just add fruit when I go to phase 2 since I don't get carried away with that!!!

Ruth-COME ON BABE!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE JUJUBES!!!!!!!

sflake-YAY!!!! 10 pounds gone!!!!

Zuze-eat bigger portions. It is a lot easier to do this when you aren't hungry!!! And even though I sometimes feel like I am eating A LOT, my appetite has shrunk!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally posted by dentrassi
Ellis-(WHAT AM I? CHOPPED LIVER?!?!) Good for you!!! I have been doing really well back on phase 1 too. I may just add fruit when I go to phase 2 since I don't get carried away with that!!!
Listen, darling... if you'd get up early for once, you'd only have to address a FEW people instead of EVERYONE!

just joking, girls

I'll be back soon...
Old 07-29-2003, 02:32 PM   #21  

Hi Y'All! I can actually post today! I actually got on intending to try and post a "good bye". I'm WEB TV and not sure if that is the reason I have trouble! When I get on I can only scroll a few posts and then - no further! I want so badly to answer and contribute to the board- but!
No problem today so I'll post! Welcome to those whom I missed coming on! ZuzeQ- Menu sounds fine - just make sure you eat till you're full.
Jezebel! Please don't be a slave to those scales! Promice yourself a once a week weigh-in! No peeking!
Remember- sometimes it's better just not to have those tempting " I'll only have a couple" things in the house. The majority of us are not programed well enough to not splurge. I know I was only fooling myself! I've shed 32 lbs and dropped 2 sizes since May 12----if I can do it you can too! Have a great day!
Old 07-29-2003, 02:53 PM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

Kim (and Ruth)~~You are absolutely correct about the mayo. I stand corrected, once again

Laked~~Way to go on losing all that weight WOW!!!

Susie~~Keep up the great work .

Den~~Hi gal, how are you doing?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #23  

Talking

Hey Beachers! I hope everyone had a great Tuesday!
I am newbie Texas Girl! I love reading all of your posts and all the positive things you say

Iam on day five and I can honestly say I have not had any cravings I even felt confident as I strolled through WalMart down the sugar isle! Those Kit Kats were screaming at me and I passed on by. It's amazing how strong I felt doing that. I cannot believe how SUGAR can be so controlling!

Anyway! All of you are SUPERSTARS! Keep your head up and have a great evening
Old 07-29-2003, 08:47 PM   #24  

Height: 5'-2"

Congratulations, Karen! Isn't it a wonderful feeling!?!

Hi Whimsey and Susie and Suzanne and Sil (how are YOU, hon!?) and Cindy and Kim and Jezebel! Ariela, Didi (great exercising, sweetie!), JackieO, GoFishin (hot babe), Den (chopped liver), Ruth (smelly dogs), Lady, Sflake, Twodog, ZuzeQ, Val and Erika!

I am in DIRE need of a back massage. Well, that and/or a million dollars.

A friend is coming for breakfast tomorrow, and I'm on PHASE ONE!!! curses. I'm making a wicked omelet with a cheese sauce, and I've got loads of fresh fruit and bread for her. Not me. sob.
I need butter for the morning, but I'm afraid that if I go to the corner store I'll pick up a bag of chips...
Old 07-29-2003, 11:50 PM   #25  

Dentrassi, good idea with the salad dressings. I have to try something new!

Ruth-what the heck are jujubes?????

SFlake-I know where Hazelhurst is-I used to live in Waycross, and my mother worked with Amoco carpets and was always going there for meetings and conferences.

Ellis-I started over yesterday too, and will do better this time!!!

GoFish-congrats on the 7 lbs...
Cindy on the 32!!!

HEY Everybody else!!!!!!!!
I hope you all had a good one!

Last edited by bobo1968; 07-29-2003 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:31 AM   #26  

Smile Good Evening Beachers

Welcome all you new beach babes! Hello to all the rest, I'll write earlier tomorrow(hopefully), I'm a bit too tired to go through all the messages right now.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards that much, but don't worry I have been OP! I have lost another 1/2 pd which makes it 5.5 total. Tomorrow is my 14th day, but I'm staying on PI. I have been very busy lately going through my closet getting rid of my 3X clothes!!! I'm down to a size 18! I was on WW for 2.5 months and was stagnet at 17 lbs. and couldn't get rid of my puffiness. 13 days on SBD and I can't keep my wedding rings on! I have a female shape I haven't had for years and years! DH and I were at the pool all day Sunday and our neigbors noticed our weight loss, so we spent all day explaining the program. What a high!! I've never felt this good about a program before.

Have a great day tomorrow
Closed Thread