South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Silly September 2nd on the beach (tuesday!)

Good morning chicks! I woke up again early (too much water!), and then DH kept kicking me on my side of the bed since it's so muggy out. I finally gave up.

My kids start school today! WOO HOOO! They get on the bus at 7:35, and then I'm off to interview a relief vet for when my colleague is out on maternity leave. I'm also hoping to get details this week on my new position . Here's to hoping I get 4 days/week before June!

The scale was up this AM, but between hormones and humidity, I'm not surprised and trying to keep remembering that so I don't derail myself. Gratefully I've switched to phase I.5, which is a necessity with DH stopping at a farm stand and buying some apples and peaches. The peaches were delicious last night! (for dessert, and on salad...)

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! Are the kids happy to be going back? My youngest DGD, who lives in NJ, doesn't go back until Thursday. I hope you get happy news about going down to a 4 day week and you find a great replacement for your colleague.

Ugh, it's really muggy. Thankfully I'll be busy enough that I won't have time to be outside much. The afternoon will be full of music lessons and it will be interesting to see how our juggling around the new schedules work out. It's going to be close!

I know I'm going to have to reminding myself all day that it's Tuesday, not Monday!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Rose - Glad to hear you are okay. The accident sounds terrifying.

Matilda - Belated Happy Birthday!

Tammy - I remember growing up outside Boston we always started the day after Labor Day. And it was almost always cool enough to wear new pants. Here the kids go back in mid-August.

I'm off to the gym today since our trainer took yesterday off. Then shopping for my book club. Tonight I'm hosting for another gal who has had a lot going on in her life lately. I was supposed to host in May but cancelled it at the last minute when it seemed that hardly anyone could make it. I had lots of food for that one so decided I'd wait until late to shop this time around! And for the first time, I'm not going to bake something. Oh, must clean house too.

Have a great day.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Matilda! I hope you had a great day!

Rose, I saw the picture and read about your accident on FB, and thank God you were all OK! That must have been a terrifying experience!

Karen, have a nice Book Club meeting tonight!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick flyby on my way out the door! Teachers start today but the kids don't come until Thursday.

Have a great day chicks!!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys! Pearlrose, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Something like that can really shake you up.

I have two days until I feel like I can really get back into my routine. I woke up this morning to an untidy house and there is no point in even trying to get it back together since my husband and son will be hanging out at home messing it up for the next two days. DH goes back to work on Thursday (we hope) and DS goes back to school on Thursday as well (ain't NOTHING going to get in the way of that) so then at least I'll be able to feel some order may be put into place.

On tap for today: work, and then at lunch I may go over to church and do some cooking with our Compassionate Cooks team just to decompress. Tonight my husband is going out with a friend so it will just be me and DS. I've got to get him back into a bed time routine before school starts. Wish me luck! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I still feel a bit of excitement on the Tuesday after Labour Day - comes from teaching and/or going to class for so many years. This morning I will go down to the corner to watch the first school bus pick-up of the year and wave the kids off.

All I can say after this summer is "Whew! Sure glad that's over!" Time to pick up the pieces and stick my life back together. There are still Mill events on weekends through to mid-October when we celebrate Thanksgiving but no more seven days a week stuff! It'll feel good to get back into a normal routine.

Food has been grab-and-go the past two months but I will be settling down and planning meals starting today. I made a new ticker and intend to lose 3 to 5 pounds this month. I must confess I've not had a salad for about a month. I need someone to prep food and put it in front of me! "Get with it, Ruthie!"

Mushroom omelet coming up for breakfast.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi
Not much computer today...pecking from my phone. I'm running behind gotta get to work
Have a great day.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Pearlrose glad you and the family are OK. Accidents can be very stressful afterwards.

Glad with school starting everyone seems to be trying to get back to their normal routines....which seem crazy busy lol

Beth enjoy your day without the kids

Tammy I am up today. I agree with you humidity and hormones are never a good combination. The peaches here were awesome this year. I have weened myself off them and looking forward to Honey Crisp Apples.

Today I plan on working out at home, making a chicken with cashew dish in the crockpot and mock General Tsos chicken. The GS calls for brown sugar, but I am going to try and use it sparingly. I have really changed my mind set with sugar. I much rather use the real thing then any fake sweeteners. Yesterday I made a green bean and bean salad. I read all the reviews and most complained the dressing made it soupy. So I halfed the dressing and then sprinkled sugar in. Maybe a TBS at best. The recipe called for 1/2 cup, and that was after cutting the recipe in half.

I also plan on working on a project for work at home today. Since there are no criminals needed I think I'll manage. Myself and a Captain, Hank, are starting a peer support network to help our officers and their families when dealing with line of duty deaths, death of an officer or family member, preventing police officer suicides, recognizing the signs of PTSD and ACSD and any other traumatic life changing events. We will not have a budget to work with. So I am reaching out to organizations that provide these services in hopes of getting them for free or accept or insurance. Today I will work on the executive proposal that gets us in to meet with the Chief of the Department. If he approves we then have to give a formal presentation to the Command Staff. I don't seem them not approving it. Then we are off and running. Hank and I worked together as Sergeants in CT. He is a great guy to work with.

Time to finish my coffee and enjoy my last two days off.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I guess there were thunder storms last night but I slept through it all. Guess I was tired.

Today I am wfh and need to contact insurance companies to get the ball rolling on getting car fixed. Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts.

Tywnn I hope you get to go to 4 day work weeks that would be awesome

Cottage I haven't stepped outside yet but am hoping that it is not muggy.

Karen how did the hike go did it aggravate your hip?

Beth good luck with school

Matilda hopefully you can hang in there until your routine is back into place. Good luck getting your son back into bedtime routine, I had a rough time with DD2 this year.

Ruth you did have a very busy summer this year

Debbie hope work flies by for you

Jekel that is a great idea and I don't see how they could not approve it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

pearlrose so glad you and family are ok

off to get haircut today and so happy dh can get in to see dr this morning
have a good on plan day today
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread