South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat for 07/29

Meh, I couldn't really think of a clever T word to throw in, so I went simple today. 5 hours in to my 8 hour shift right now. Things are pretty Q-word here, with only two 911 calls coming in so far. The unfortunate thing about my schedule is that I reply early on in the daily thread (or start it) and then don't get back on until the next day to respond to those who follow, LOL

Lexxiss - Oh how exciting! Congratulations on the grandbaby...hope he or she makes their arrival soon!

Cottage - So today is it and then you're off for 2 weeks, huh? Hope your day flies by!!!

Beth - Thank you! Protein cheesecakes? Hmmm. Not sure if I would like that...I don't like when people go messing with my cheesecake! LOL

Sophie - Thank you! Okay, you're the third one talking about these cheesecakes...now I'm going to have to look them up, LOL

Jekel - I'm out of the loop on the interview...assuming it's a promotion? Good luck!

Cyndi - Oh my goodness, your friend sounds like they are lucky! Hope they weren't injured too badly!

So what's on the agenda today, fellow chicks? I have souvlaki marinading in the fridge so I'll be going home to take it out so it can come to room temperature and then I'll be cooking it so I'll have dinner for tonight. I don't have any pita bread, so I guess I'll just eat it over some lettuce, feta, and onions with the tzatziki sauce on top. I'm going to try to stay up a little later...I fell asleep in the middle of texting my boyfriend yesterday, which really ruined the mood, LOL

Grab a cup of coffee and tell us about your day!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Natasha, I have the same problem when I chime in early. By the time I get back, it's sometimes too late to comment. I do try to read though.

Finished up a few niggles yesterday and managed to get to two different banks. The third one I'll do tomorrow when I do pet therapy. I'm treasurer of three different organizations who are at three different banks in three different towns - the joys of country living! It poured rain all day but the good news is there is no dust on my car. The bad is that I could not do training walks with Millie.

Sunshine for today and then back into rain until the weekend. This is now officially the wettest and coldest summer in years. The furnace turned on again this morning.

Today is my day to "supervise" the Mill staff who really don't need official overseeing. I may take Millie with me and work on sorting out some research papers that were willed to us. We do have a curator emeritus but he's busy working for the National Archives in Ottawa at the moment. While I work, Millie will snoop the downstairs of the Town Hall and come back with dust bunnies! One way to get it cleaned. Too bad she can't make coffee for me.

A friend recommended a crock pot chicken thing which I'll try for dinner tonight. It involves boneless thighs, zucchini and mushrooms and looks way too simple. ("Friend" is not a stellar cook so I may jazz it up a bit.) I also had a reminder pop up that I must make and freeze a rum cake for Sunday's birthday party in the Park so I guess I'll manage to "fill my day". That's never a problem around here!

Another coffee, a hot shower and the day will be cranked up. "How's it by you?" as we say in these parts.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, I think you need to make an extra rum cake to freeze as well! THat Millie sure is a lucky gal, sounds like she has a great new life.

Natasha - I'm glad someone can work those overnight shifts! I forgot - where does the boyfriend live? So glad you're enjoying your new location.

Just had my 3 mile walk this AM, I saw a mama dear with her fawn, and I believe a mink as well. They're so darned cute when they run! I didn't want to haul my bum outta bed, but I'm glad it's over.

It's pretty cool this week (high 60's, low 70's), so I made a batch of chili for supper! Had everything chopped and precooked last night, throwing it in the crock pot for supper. Mmmmm! (Must pick up fritos for the kids....)

Have a great day!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!
It occurred to me during the night that I'd better check the NJ transit train schedule first, especially since they're working on the rail lines. I'm catching the train from here into the city tomorrow, then taking the transit train to my DD's, and wanted to make sure I could make the connection! Especially since I'll have luggage with me.

I have to make it to the bank with my paycheck before they close today, then get laundry done tonight and start packing. I can't make up my mind whether to try to cram everything into my carry-on, or take my larger bag. I guess the best thing to do is see how it all fits, and then decide. At least if I use my larger bag I'll have room if I decide to buy anything.

OK, off to the trenches, and then 12 days off! Watch - I'll probably have to stay late today.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I am on my way to work then will evaluate what/where I'm going to be tomorrow, based on if new baby arrives. We really need to make a quick trip over the hill to take care of some business and it's a bit complicated by the fact that they are starting to install my moms new boiler today. Everyone is agitated-except me. Food has been OP and I am planning ahead to keep it that way. We're eating from the refrigerator/pantry for the next month (except for smoothie/veggies) so I can replenish some cash reserves. It's always a fun challenge for me.

Yesterday the bosses informed me they have not seen this busy of a streak of days for many years. It's been great for everyone's wallets and I'm grateful to have the energy to keep going.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! We also have a dry day today after it POURED all day yesterday. A morning check of my rain gauge says 1.4" since Sunday evening. I'm ready for hot and dry for a few days, although I don't think we will get it.

Managed to fill the day yesterday and spent much of it in the kitchen. Made the flax muffins (DH's favorite), the protein cheesecakes (for me) and chicken crusted with almond flour for dinner. Both of my boys are at home for the next few weeks and we are going through HUGE quantities of food. In fact, I need to go to the store and pick up eggs and milk today.

Natasha, this winter several of us got on the cheesecake bandwagon. Good for breakfast, snack or dessert. Some of us eat them plain while others prefer SF jam or chocolate syrup. Here is it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...heesecake.html

Ruth, have a productive day at the Mill.
Cottage, your trip sounds great. Have a good time. And wouldn't it be awful if you had to do a bit of shopping?
Tammy, kudos to you for getting in your walk. I seem to do best exercising in the afternoon right now.
Debbie, babies take their own sweet time in arriving, don't they!
Have a great day, chicks!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Ruth - The recipe sounds too simple to me, too. Maybe some onions, broth, and seasoning could make it work. I'm not a mushroom person, though, LOL

Twynn - Unfortunately, he is in Pompano Beach, FL. I tried to avoid him, even though I thought he was wicked cute, simply b/c of the distance...but he found me and things just clicked. Ooh, chili sounds fantastic! Once it cools down a little more here, I'll make a batch in the crockpot.

Beth - Thanks for the link! Seems like a HUGE batch of mix! I was just thinking the other day that I need to make some type of cheesecake dessert, but I think I'll stick with the one that uses flavored gelatin and cream cheese...it's way easier, although admittedly not as protein packed.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I have PT for my hip this morning. This afternoon is rather exciting. My mom and I are meeting my dad's biological first cousin. Long story about how I found her. But she is the one person who seems to have known that my dad was born and given up for adoption. She lives in NY and is driving to CO with her husband to visit family (unrelated to me), stopping here on the way. Conveniently she has friends who live near me that she's never visited before so she is staying in town for a couple of days.

Have a great day.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Friends,
Popping in to say hi. It's so nice to come back and see everyone still here! I've been bouncing around all over the place with my food - tried Atkins for a bit. I'm thinking about starting SBD again with a friend. Reading everyone's food is motivating me.

Anyone here have thyroid issues? I was really feeling like I had low thyroid, but blood tests said no. On my own I added an iodine supplement and starting applying iodine topically to my breasts and abdomen (I have cystic breasts and sometimes get ovarian cysts). I really noticed an improvement in my energy level and a very marked and almost instantaneous reduction in pain and swelling in my 'girls' that was rather dramatic. I was also found to be borderline anemic so I've been taking iron. But, sad to say, up until the point I started supplementing I had been on an extended carb binge for about 6 months and gained about 12 lbs. :-(, a lot of it due to the stress of a new position at work and we also switched my son's school.

ANYWAY, glad to see everyone and I'll check in again as I prepare to start Phase 1 next week. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning posting from the train so forgive any typos

Up at 3:45 in the city at 6:30 for a 7:00 interview. I think I nailed it. Although is was quite nervous. I was the first to go. Hopefully I set the bar high. I won't know anything for a few weeks at best. Yes Natasha promotional interview for Lt. We had a multiple choice test, essays and today was subordinate role play (discipline) and incident management.

Nice to see you McKellen I too have been carb binging lately. I know it is wrong, but sometimes I give in or I can't sleep. Only a few more stressful things to get through....for now lol. You will get back in the groove.

Whoops my stop better run. Have a great day. I can't wait to get out of this suit!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

boy its busy here

Debbie. My second grandson was 8 days late they say the 2nd one usually comes either on time or early, ha

Linda happy travels

sorry not to reply to everyone else, just not much to say
I went shopping for a new cross bag or is it purse. Wow, I was so shocked at the prices. I should either get out more or just stay home.
have a good on plan day everyone
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread