South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 05:38 AM   #1  
Mous

Red face Sunday at the Beach, July 27th ...watching all the.....

Morning,

Tomorrow I will be in Phase 2!
I am ready to take on the challenge of adding something new to eat.
I am getting a good feeling about myself in the fact tht I AM IN CONTROL and what a bizarre feeling. Food is NOT calling this Lady ANYMORE!

Make yourselves a comfy place on the Beach and relax.

Have a nice day.

Lady
Old 07-27-2003, 07:11 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

watching all the boys go by? Good morning, Lady.

I'm back to Phase I tomorrow as I have been very off program during the Fair. I'm not sure if it has been stress (very little this year) or trying to be part of the group and just mindlessly eating what the rest of the world chows on. Anyhow, I will be back on track tomorrow without too much damage.

I know this plan works. I'm the problem. However, I have avoided sausage in a bun with fries for a whole week now so I do have some control. (pats self on back)

Off to Church and then to the Fair. It is raining, darn it, so crowds will be way down. Oh well. Next year..........
Old 07-27-2003, 08:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Windsong! Good luck with Phase II! Tomorrow I will be starting Phase I!

Ruthie, what are we having for breakfast tomorrow morning? Dad's still got my book, and he's too curt on the phone for me to want to call him. I know I have to pick up some V-8's...

TwoDog, I DIDN'T enjoy my company, but thank you for thinking of me.

I had the day from &#** yesterday. Brother-in-law was down for the weekend. He's TOTALLY sexist and racist. Almost every sentence is laced with some politically incorrect comment. I used to keep silent, but the last couple of years I've been speaking up. As politely as possible. Yesterday he said to me, "Look, you only see me once or twice a year. Why do you have to argue with me?" !!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! Whether I see someone every day or once a year, I do NOT have to put up with BULL!!!

Anyhow, my sweet DH talked to him later, and his brother left immediately. The two of them parted amicably, but I'm pretty sure I've completely severed relations with him.
What a nightmare. I apologized profusely to my DH, but he was TOTALLY supportive, and said he'll just see his brother on his own next time.
And this morning I'm feeling GOOD that I spoke up. I'm sick and tired of being insulted by that little p$*#^. I'm not perfect by any means, but I'm NOT PUTTING UP WITH ANY CRAP!!!

Phew! Sorry, girls. Just had to get that out.

Happy Birthday, SFlake!!!

Kim, I'm sorry that Kinsey is having trouble with her cast. You TAKE a nap, hon... you need it!!

Darn it, Den... I wanted a set of 12 mugs from that pottery show!

SandiLu, how was the party?

Tippy, I WANT to be skinny! I want to never have to worry about food again. (ha!) And yes, I'm sure that you WILL be throwing those high blood pressure meds out!!

Coton, how did your weigh-in go!?

GoFishin, congratulations on the two pounds!!

Laked, I hope it goes better for you this week!

love and hugs to all!
Old 07-27-2003, 08:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good grief! I missed Sil!! Sil, how are you sweetie!?
Okay, who else have I missed...
Old 07-27-2003, 10:48 AM   #5  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Thumbs down Good morning lady beachers!

Congrat Lady Windsong for starting ph2,,lol!! Ellis,sorry ur bnlaw was such an #@*,,my husband wld hv been on my relative acting like that like white on rice(husband ex-heavy weight boxer 6"4" 253 and dont allow bull in our house) hopefully he wl bring more respect in ur hse nxt time he visits..I am on ph1 day 5 today,,lost another lb ystrdy Dear mthr n law birthday party last night and i stayed away from all food /booze and carried my lemon water w/me at all times..Hope i am not loosing weight to fast since article I read yesterday warned against it What's ur opinion My dad's birthday today and another food party Hope i can mk it through another overeaters bings they hv!!! Lol to Ellis and Ruthxxx on starting Ph1 again,,i'll b r there wth u
Old 07-27-2003, 11:42 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

gofishin-HI! Doesn't it seem like all the parties are always at once? Good going yesterday, and I'm sure you will do great today too!!! Generally speaking it is better to lose weight slowly, but it is only during phase 1 that you lose quickly. Once you go into phase 2 it will slow down, so no worries!!!
2 weeks of quick loss won't hurt, and it helps set you up so that phase 2 feels easier in comparison. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 2 POUND LOSS!!!!!

Ellis-So you DIDN'T want the dinnerware set for 12?!? Sweetie, his answer was in his question. As a guest in your house your BIL could have easily tamed the rhetoric for a few days knowing that YOU have a tough time with it. It sounds like he was TRYING to get you riled!!!

Ruth-I have been having a terrible time of it lately, so it is back to phase 1 for me too!! Started today. Don't want to undo all the good results !!!

Lady-YAY!!! Be careful though, it is easy to get carried away! You probably have more self-control than me though!!

SFLAKE-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Kim-Sure is tough at that age. And not very easy to explain why the "bandaid" has to stay on!! Poor sweetie!! (BOTH of you!!!)

Sil, 2Dog, Sandi, Tippy, Coton, Laked, Whimsey and anyone else I have neglected to mention....HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #7  

Well, the party yesterday was great fun. I always love to get together with my siblings and their families. Food-wise though..hmmmm. I could easily pass up cake and ice cream, but once I got started on those darn munchies - especially tortilla chips - I just could not stop! It was like every craving I had for the last 3 weeks was condensed into those stupid corn chips! Argghhh!
But, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Not even going to weigh myself until my regular day on Thursday (especially after all the salt I ingested yesterday!)
Have a great one everybody!
Sandi
Old 07-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #8  
Five by Five

Ellis - I will be starting PI tomorrow as well!
Old 07-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #9  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Day everyone!

I'm kind of depressed today. I decided to start tracking my inches as well as my pounds, so picked up a new tape measure yesterday, and pulled that dreaded thing out of it's package this morning and put it to work. Oh man, I knew I was fat, but didn't really realize just how fat I am! The numbers are humiliating! Oh well, if this doesn't give me incentive to stay on track, nothing will!!!

bobo - hope little Kinsey is doing better today with her "bandaid". I love her name btw.

Lady - good luck in phase 2!

Ruth - It doesn't sound to me like you did too bad, you were able to stay away from the sausage on a bun and the fries (one of my weaknesses), so I think you should be proud of yourself!

Ellis - Wow, I'm sorry you had such a rough time with your BIL. It sounds like you have a wonderfully supportive husband though! Wish I had some insightful advice for you, but I'm not too good at rocky relationship issues. Good luck.

gofish - congrats on being SO GOOD at your MIL's B-D party! I bet you'll do just fine at your Dad's party too. It gets hard when they come one right after the other.

dentrassi - Good Day to you too!!!

Sandi - I think you have a great attitude, even though you ate the corn chips, you aren't beating yourself up about it. In my experience, the more you berate yourself for "falling off the wagon", the more likely you are to fall farther and farther away.

And good day to everyone else!!
Old 07-27-2003, 02:07 PM   #10  

Hi guys...tomorrow I am starting all over...I have had a very bad weekend...I have eaten everything not nailed down... I am hopeless. I just don't know what it is going to take to get me to lose this weight.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:32 PM   #11  

Hi. Hope I can join in. Starting tommorrow again. Just got back from grocery shopping so I have everything I need.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:50 PM   #12  
In Control: E+R=O

Oh Whimsey, you're not hopless, you're just human!! Please don't think poorly of yourself because you gave in to your urges or cravings. You're not perfect, I'm not perfect, none of us are (if we were, would any of us be here?). Look at this as just a little bump in your path. The important thing is to get over or around the bump, and keep going, don't let it take control over you and make you quit. This probably isn't the first bump you've encountered, and it probably won't be the last either. I know that I'm going to come across many situations during the next several months that will cause me to waiver.....I will just deal with them as they come up. Hang in there girl, we are all here for you!!

Hi ZuzeQ! Of course you can join in!! Welcome, just jump right in, this is a very friendly group (no sharks in these waters). Good luck!!
Old 07-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #13  

Thanks 2dog...I just needed to hear that...I will start day 1 tomorrow.
Closed Thread